Youngevity Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 15, 2019

2.8
Youngevity CEO Steve R. Wallach
Steve R. Wallach
  1. "I am currently in Senior Management"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Youngevity full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Youngevity was nominated one of the BEST companies to work at in the USA and was recognized in the Top 10 in Dallas TX in April 2019. This nomination was made possible by the 400+ employees that came together as one team with one mission! The reviews presented by the current staff covered everything from salaries to positive work environment to having a great management team. Youngevity has been in operation 23 years and they have over 400 employees!

Cons

The cons are sites like this that allow bad seeds to spew lies and twist facts without any accountability for their own actions. People who are caught stealing are fired. People who do not show up for work for 3 days straight without a single phone call are fired. People who are disrespectful to their coworkers are fired. And people who are caught lying are fired.

Youngevity2019-06-15
  2. "CONSUMERS AND POTENTIAL EMPLOYEES BEWARE"

Former Employee - Customer Service

I worked at Youngevity full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits aren't the best but they are benefits... medical, dental, 401k. No matter how terrible this place is, they keep making money to feed the fat cats up top

Cons

Don't work here unless you already have your next job lined up. Lying to customers happens on the regular, whether it be about orders being processed on time, products being expired, or defending high level distributors taking advantage of their downline. Every "Executive" is also a distributor with a downline... not sure how that looks for integrity. Inept management having frequent tantrums and plenty of off color and unprofessional comments flying left and right.

Advice to Management

Quit... and never manage anyone ever again

Youngevity2019-04-30

"Beware"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chula Vista, CA

I worked at Youngevity full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hmmm. Fellow CSR agents were normally pretty great to work with. Some not. They also try to throw parties to make it seem more fun to work here. Doesn’t help.

Cons

Don’t hire enough people, making supervisors take regular calls that aren’t escalated calls which makes them not get their other work done. Constant harassment to be in queue. You log out for 2 seconds and you bet your bottom they message you asking you to log back in. You have to ask to go to the bathroom. Upper management doesn’t communicate things to the CSRs (aka the front lines). They make up excuses for everything that is, or isn’t happening.

Advice to Management

All in all, hire more people who are willing to work at this place, stop making your supervisors and managers help with calls. Communication is so important, get better at it. Also please get with the times with how emails are sent. Agents shouldn’t have to be sending emails to customers. There are computers that can do that for you.

Youngevity2018-05-02
  4. "Top notch company lead by visionary leaders"

I have been working at Youngevity

Pros

Dr Wallach and his family are on a mission to help people live healthy longer without the need for drugs or surgery.

Cons

No cons. I love that Youngevity is filled with like mind people who earn a living changing lives for the better.

Advice to Management

Keep leading with strength and integrity

Youngevity2018-02-25

"The Abuse Is Real - Stay AWAY"

I worked at Youngevity full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My colleagues in my immediate department were great. Free product, and discounted product.

Cons

EVERYTHING ELSE. I worked here for WAY TOO LONG. If you like emotional abuse at the hands of an over-powered and totally unqualified member of the company that HAPPENS to be related to the owner, then this is the job for you! You're trapped in an endless loop of idiotic decisions that are implemented purely on a whim, and then you are punished if you do not mold to those ideals RIGHT AWAY. The department heads are besties with HR and can get away with so much crap that is BARELY legal. How FUN. Every day you're doing your job as best you can, and waiting for the monster above you to decide to have a bad day and take it out on you. It absolutely felt like being in an a domestic violence situation, where you are at their mercy and they act like you are lucky to be there so you can put up with what we decide to do. I felt like a battered spouse. You do something good? They will take that and find every FLAW to counteract it. They will not listen to what needs improvement, they will keep idiots around only to keep up appearances and friendships. The new website is an absolute disaster, yet the person responsible is still being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for it, and still has a job! You are offered a raise, great, but then you are also forced to do more work. You are not given a raise based on your performance, you are offered the raise and then you are made to do extra work to 'earn' that raise. Low pay for high amount of work expectation. Also they will not hire when they need to, and expect sups and managers to take calls while also assisting agents. Um, hello? That is how QA and efficiency goes down. Not to mention morale. I think I've said enough.

Advice to Management

Fire. Your. Family. NO good employees will stay any more, I can guarantee it. STOP buying other companies, and invest in your employees! They are what keeps you going!

Youngevity2018-03-29

"Poor Very Poor Managers Customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chula Vista, CA

I worked at Youngevity full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice hours, Nice Benefits. Pay is ok

Cons

Feels like you are in High School, if you are not in the "in CROWD" you don't get promoted, if you don't want to travel then you don't get promoted, The trainers treat you like a children, It is a popularity contest there. Upper Management only helps those that they socialize with outside of work. If you are new there they do not make you feel welcome.

Advice to Management

Before you promote people to trainers/managers maybe they should take classes in management, learn to deal with different personalities and remember you are there to work not be popular and make friends, after all this is a job not high school,

Youngevity2017-10-31
  7. "Marketing"

I have been working at Youngevity part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Easy going, fun place to work, company keeps on growing, always a chance for promotions

Cons

Salary could get better and more raises. Sometimes lack of communication between departments

Youngevity2017-03-31

"Not recommending"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I worked at Youngevity full-time for more than a year

Pros

You work with some good co-workers and they work on schedule flexibility if you need it. They have good product discounts.

Cons

Corporate ignores problems and manipulates the system. Not a very trustworthy company to work for. No room to grow or not willing to let you grow.

Advice to Management

Listen to all employees. Be trustworthy in your dealings.

Youngevity2017-04-21

"Do you strive for stagnant, micro managing company? You found the place."

I worked at Youngevity full-time

Pros

- They deposit my paycheck on time. - PTO and Benefits are above average

Cons

- NEPOTISM. Every head of department is some how related to each other. - Middle Management is worthless. 10 Customer Service managers and I still couldn't find someone to help me with something. - Micromanaging. You're suppose to hit a 50 call minimum, but they forget that these calls can take up to 15-20 mins. Impossible. Youngevity rather CS give poor service in 5 minutes than actually helping a customer and build a ongoing relationship with them (its even a "relationship" marketing company). - Zero training. Literally nothing. Then when you fail you QA test they want to act like they didn't expect that to happen. - Upper management has a problem of talking down to employees as if they are children. - Company seems financially unstable. Do a little research and check out their current stock price.

Advice to Management

Don't email the corporate office "the best places to work" survey without fixing internal issues.

Youngevity2016-11-29

"Customer Service"

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Youngevity full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is a great company to work for! Standard Holidays, Bonus Days off, MORE Vacation time granted than any other company I have ever worked for. We work as teams and when the team gets along - we all excel and the company excels. A bad apple every once in awhile can ruin it for everyone else. We just got rid of our bad apple. Love upper management. There is a great program in place now to advance and move up the ladder. The improvements in the last year with training and advancements and increased pay have made it worth staying here.

Cons

With more than 400 employees - there are bound to be some poor co-workers amongst the group. When one is identified, management is swift to remove them and then of course they take this site to put a raging terrible review. Look, you were FIRED and rightfully so. We celebrated after they fired you. It allowed for somebody else to come in and join the team that will help us grow and be recognized. Don't use this site to send out negativity and hate simply because you could not follow the most basic of rules....such as what time to get to work.

Advice to Management

I have high respect for the management team. We have thousands of customers we have to take care of and everyday we are hiring more and more people to join the corporate team and they need to be taken care of too. I think everyone is doing all they can. its never perfectly balanced but that is always the goal.

Youngevity2016-08-04