Your Move Reviews | Glassdoor

2.2
  1. "Could be better"

Former Employee - Sales Negotiator in Glasgow, Scotland

I worked at Your Move full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people and not really much else.

Cons

Working hours Management attitude Pay and no benefits

Advice to Management

Stop relying so heavily on the brand power and actually innovate.

Your Move2017-10-23
  2. "So so"

Current Employee - Lettings Negotiator in London, England

I have been working at Your Move full-time for more than a year

Pros

Colleagues keep you going Lettings commission can be good if in a busy core office Hour lunch Not sure what else....

Cons

Basic salary is poor Never recognised for promotion (told it will happen and never does) Over worked and under valued Senior managers act as if you don’t exists if you’re not on their level

Advice to Management

Don’t let the good staff go. Many great employees have left because of the way they are treated and management would rather see them go than change this attitude.

Your Move2017-11-02
  3. "Bad experience with this company"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Gillingham, England

I worked at Your Move full-time for less than a year

Pros

The overall role of the job was enjoyable The senior members of staff are good and approachable

Cons

Terribly unprofessional management You work more hours than you get paid for Doesn’t seem to be any support for progression

Advice to Management

Make sure management is guiding new members of staff on where to improve. Be professional, don’t talk about other members of staff behind their back- lead by example. Praise staff when they have hit or exceeded targets. The management is to deal with complaints, not consultants.

Your Move2017-11-01
  4. "Conniving,unprofessional, discriminative and deceiving"

I worked at Your Move full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work with good people Training around software

Cons

Not enough training or help from management as there is never enough staff. Can not even have lunch as never enough staff. Arwful management. Low basic salary Never get paid back on commission or driving allowance. Feel helpless when getting discriminated by , by your manager as all employees are sheep. No access to hr department.

Advice to Management

Listen to what employees are telling you and have a understanding of what they need and want. Stop treating staff poorly and come up with new ways to market instead of cold calling a pestering the same clients. Look after you employees when they come back to work from Avery emotional time and not made to feel like ther a burden.

Your Move2017-10-16
  5. "Lettings Negotiator"

Former Employee - Negotiator in Nottingham, England

I worked at Your Move full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Training Professional Offices Incentive Schemes Maintenance, Arrears, Renewals etc dealt with at The Hub

Cons

Awful Management Stop your commission payments for no reason Offices are in Debt

Advice to Management

FIX IT!

Your Move2017-09-05
  6. "Very good other than pay"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant/Valuer

I have been working at Your Move full-time for more than a year

Pros

Training very good, staff moral quite good, management good, job security and extra benefits like dental care, pensions etc very good, progression opportunities encouraged. Nice place to work, flexible for a large employer.

Cons

Rate of pay too low for sales consultants, commission opportunities vary too much between branches. Should change pay structure for sales consultants. Back up valuer need encouraged with higher basic than sale consultants that don't value.

Advice to Management

Give much higher basics (min 18k) which will equal better staff applying for the role, change commission structure, commissions for everything doesn't encourage branch team work or good customer service.

Your Move2017-08-14
  7. "Lovely place to work"

I have been working at Your Move full-time

Pros

Some of the best people you would wish to meet and manager and deputy manager care.I'm leaving on the 18th but be sad to go.even advised family members to apply.Bw

Cons

Yes it is the money but managers are trying their best to get heard. Maybe late starts and early starts?

Advice to Management

Just carry on with what you are doing on pmc..hopefully the managers above might hear the more money aspect!

Your Move2017-08-02

"Rubbish"

Current Employee - Negotiator in Dunfermline, Scotland

I have been working at Your Move full-time for less than a year

Pros

A lot of the staff in the branches are nice.

Cons

PMC is dreadful, the wages are poor, anyone who isn't a manager of some sort is treated like a second class citizen.

Advice to Management

Stop treating staff poorly, come up with realistic targets and some new ideas.

Your Move2017-07-29

"Sexist, unprofessional, deceiving."

Current Employee - Sales Negotiator

I have been working at Your Move full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to meet some interesting people. There's a 20 word minimum so I'll just keep going until this is filled.

Cons

Training: 8 days of training in estate agency and then expected to be able to do job. Training was advertised as ongoing and important to the company. Every further training request denied or ignored. Management: sexist- I have too many examples of this that would make this review less than anonymous. Uncooperative- one instance of a request for holiday not being replied to for 3 months. Secretive- a transfer to a different...

Advice to Management

Start to care about your employees. Don't take away commissions if they hand in their notice, take complaints about management seriously. Watch your staff- so many illegal practices that I have witnessed taking place just so they can make money. It's not good enough.

Your Move2017-06-28

"The progression is there if you work for it!"

Current Employee - Valuation Manager

I have been working at Your Move full-time for more than a year

Pros

The whole team are great I can literally say I get on with everyone in our division (those I know anyway). The progression is good if you work hard for it and ask for it! If the management don't know you want to progress and you just sit back and watch others around you get promoted that's down to you. I was brand new into the industry and have worked my way up over the two years I have been with the company and plan...

Cons

The pay isn't great compared to some other agents however we only work a 5 day week whereas other agents work a 6 day week or 5 days one week 6 days the next to taking that into consideration it's not so bad.

Advice to Management

More team building stuff would be good. It would also be nice to see more senior management actually spend some time on the ground in the branches and do the odd viewing or valuation etc... just to remind them what it's like for us on the ground. I sometimes feel when targets are being set they forget it's a tough world out there and often years since they have done it themselves.

Your Move2017-04-21