Your Part-Time Controller Reviews | Glassdoor

Eric Fraint

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "AP Coordinator"

I worked at Your Part-Time Controller part-time

Pros

Good company to work for.

Cons

Needed full time work at the time.

"Best Place to Work hands down"

Former Employee - Associate in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Your Part-Time Controller full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, multiple work locations, ability to meet and work with groups of people who make this world a better place (non profit orgs), wonderful staff at YPTC itself, open door policy, support of management and colleagues.

Cons

There is no cons. Amazing.

Advice to Management

Write a book about how to create a company that's liked and respected by its employees. THANK YOU.

3. "Associate"

Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Your Part-Time Controller full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is by far the beset company I have ever worked for. After eight years in public accounting and 3 years in Private company/ Controller role I have now finally found my home. The flexibility is amazing, your tasked will helping organizations with great missions. There is constant training to keep you current and support your CPE requirements. Managers are always there to advise and help you if needed. You get a second set of eyes on financial reports without the worry of competition. All the staff has similar backgrounds and their own clients. Everyone is helpful it's a breath of fresh air.

Cons

There aren't any. If you have concerns you can voice them freely and change will be made. The organizations goal is to keep both the employees and clients happy.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

4. "Excellent Experience"

I worked at Your Part-Time Controller full-time

Pros

A great work environment with friendly and intelligent coworkers.

Great compensation and benefits.

Company that values it's employees and treats them so.

Cons

Unfortunately due to the work structure you don't get to see and meet a lot of your coworkers since you're either in the office or out at clients but this is remedied by monthly staff meetings where you can reconnect with coworkers.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I hope I can work with you again in the future.

"I hope to retire at this company"

Current Employee - Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Your Part-Time Controller full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I work with amazing people - they all care very deeply about what they do for either their clients (when they work outside the office) or the staff (if they work on the admin team or management).
    I've been given more professional opportunities here than anyplace I've worked - management wants to keep staff happy and consider what's important to us at the forefront. If we are happy, our clients are normally happy. It's good business!
    I get to be an active parent to my children - and don't live at work. This is especially meaningful to an accountant during tax season. A 35 hour work week is attainable here if you want one. If you want a little more, you'll be paid for the extra hours.

Cons

It's incredibly challenging - I've been forced to learn new things constantly. But I'm a better person and professional for it.
    I don't get to see my colleagues every day, but they're just a phone call or email away if I need their support.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. This won't work for everyone, and you can't force that. Thanks for providing a meaningful job where we can be appreciated for those of us for whom it does.

"Agree with Smoke and Mirrors"

Former Employee - Associate
    Former Employee - Associate

I worked at Your Part-Time Controller full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Associates and Admins are dedicated and professional but tend to be there for a reason- ie they need a flexible job which it really is.

Cons

Management is terrible- Senior Management is worse. Reviews here are co-erced and Best Place to Work voting is monitored. Everyone is so happy, the smiles are so pained. If you get lucky and are assigned decent clients you'll enjoy the work, but if you don't? You will be miserable.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees- all of them. Stop forcing people to agree with you.

7. "Exciting opportunites in a supportive environment"

Current Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Your Part-Time Controller full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Independence: you are able to set your schedule and manage your clients needs without micro-management
    Training: mini trainings at staff meetings and block training for 2 days each year are amazing!
    Culture: supportive, caring & fun!

Cons

Client issues can be challenging due to the individual client situations, but support is always available.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Sep 24, 2016 – Senior Manager & Recruiting Director

Thanks to you for your comments! We're sure that you're part of the reason this is such a great place to work. Keep it up yourself! :)

"Best Job I've Ever Had"

Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

Pros

Kind and caring co-workers.
    Extensive and on-going relevant training.
    The work provides new and interesting variety and exposure.
    Management recognizes employees as their greatest assets and treat them as such.
    Competitive pay.
    Full-time employment = a 35-hour work week: they don't just pay lip service to encouraging work/life balance.
    You are paid for the time you work. If you work more than 35 hours, you are paid for that time.
    Benefits are wonderful.
    Regular opportunities to get together with co-workers, who are most helpful.
    Phenomenal culture.
    The mentor program provides a friendly face to bounce things off of, which is so nice in a new work environment.
    If there are other areas within the company that interest you, there are many opportunities to get involved and expand.
    Working in a non-profit environment provides an opportunity to feel like your work is making a difference on a larger scale.

Cons

It can sometimes be a little tricky balancing multiple clients and the wide variety of scenarios, but the entire team is readily available and willing to help with any questions or if you need back up. The commute varies daily and requires some pre-planning in an area such as Washington that can be notoriously complicated to navigate. The offered FSA for parking and transit helps with that.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! I have never felt more supported and valued at my job than I do here. The training is so helpful for me as well, and I feel like I grow and become better and better at my job as time goes on. Thank you for treating me as a respected and trusted professional and fostering such a collaborative and positive work environment. Even if I encounter the occasional stressful or messy client situation, I know I can count on my colleagues to help me devise a solution.

Sep 24, 2016 – Senior Manager & Recruiting Director

Thanks for your note. Keep giving us feedback on how to improve if you have any. We're always listening!

"Best place to work. Ever."

I have been working at Your Part-Time Controller full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a seasoned Accountant/CFO/Controller/VP of Finance, I've worked endless hours with little or no acknowledgement or appreciation. At YPTC, I work a 35 hour work week (unheard of!) and if I do work more, I get paid for it. I love the flexibility and autonomy that I am given to do my job. I am constantly challenged and no two days are alike (I am never bored). If I ever have a technical question I can reach out to a manager or to all of my 100+ associates in three offices. Rarely do I have a day that the client doesn't thank me for being there and for all I do to help them. Bottom line: great flexibility and much appreciation for a job well done! And as an added bonus, I get to help non-profit organizations so they can help make this world a better place.

Cons

The base compensation is average. HOWEVER, you have the ability to earn more in many ways. If you work over 35 hours a week, you get paid for it. If you refer a new client, you get paid for it. And, if you refer a new employee, you get paid for it. I have no complaints and I've been able to increase my compensation considerably due to these incentives.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! The monthly staff meetings are a great way for all employees to connect and learn what's going on.

Sep 6, 2016 – Senior Manager & Recruiting Director

Thanks so much for your response. We are thrilled that you're happy here!

Regarding the compensation being average, I think it depends who you are and how you choose to work. There are... More

10. "Truly The Best Place To Work"

Current Employee - Associate in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Autonomy, Training, Management & Peer Support, Compensation, Benefits, Work-Life Balance

Cons

Managing schedules for the needs of multiple clients

Advice to Management

Keep up the great support and concern for the staff

Sep 6, 2016 – Senior Manager & Recruiting Director

Thanks! Both the pros and cons you mention are real. And, we love our staff - you are the reason this continues to be such a great place to work. Keep up the great work yourself!