Your Pie Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "Great company"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Your Pie full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Innovative company, fun customers, encourages bond between coworkers

Cons

Training procedures not fully fleshed out, leads to some people pulling extra weight

Advice to Management

Work on training exercises for new employees so that turnover is not such a burden for management and experienced employees

2. "From Close-knit to Corporate Powerhouse"

Former Employee - Shift Manager in Athens, GA
    Former Employee - Shift Manager in Athens, GA

I worked at Your Pie (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Super flexible hours.
    - Community and immediate managers became like family.
    - Job is very straightforward and easy to adapt and understand.

Cons

- The larger the company grew the less and less they continued to hire from within.
    - Management became very standard run of the mill food service: why give raises when they could rehire for cheaper.
    - High turnover rate.
    - High stress shifts with little to no help from management.

Advice to Management

Disconnect between corporate and actual stores. Many times changes would be made in store without any consideration of employees and operational day-to-day work. General operating manual heavily reflects these disparities as many suggestions are down right wrong or otherwise unreliable or inefficient. Ask direct stores/employees for advice on operating procedures, they are the experts in how the store is actually being run/what changed are needed.

3. "My Best Job So Far"

Current Employee - Cashier/Cook/Prep in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Cashier/Cook/Prep in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Your Pie part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers
    Creative pizza place
    Great food
    Many positions

Cons

working near oven is hot
    not many hours are guranteed f you want full time

5. "Part-time work only"

Former Employee - Team Member in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Team Member in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

- The work experience you get from working here is incredibly beneficial. Not only do you make pizzas, but you're also a cashier, dishwasher, room attendant, server, hostess, etc. You learn a lot from your time here and that experience really adds to your resume.
    - Great food, but unfortunately you have to pay for it. Typically the discount isn't much.
    - The whole entire crew is your family. We have each other's back at all times. You can make life-long lasting friendships here.
    - Typically equal opportunity here. Your crew mates are usually diverse.
    - You make friends with your usual customers there.
    - Once you've worked there for a while, you can make your schedule as flexible as you please. If you're new, your schedule needs to fit around theirs. You're SOL if you have a very limited schedule.

Cons

- Minimum wage. Tip is pooled and shared throughout the whole entire crew and divided equally into your paycheck. Incredibly unfair to those who work harder than those who slack off.
    - Workload isn't worth being paid that! I CANNOT stress this enough! Jobs are split unevenly and I've almost overworked myself to death some days. Most times you feel like an overworked Chinese child laborer.
    - Part time work only! You cannot exceed more than a maximum set of hours or you will get in trouble. Average work shift per day is 4 hours/minimum pay. If the shift that you're working is slow and dead, typically you're cut early and sent home. Not good if you're seeking a certain amount of income to pay bills.
    - Direct Deposit
    - You'll be walking out feeling disgusting when you're done with a shift. With semolina in your hair, grease permeating throughout your clothes, and gunked up dough and other toppings beneath your shoes, you won't be smelling like daisies after a day's work. Plus your car will ALWAYS be dirty.
    - $0.25 in raise when you've worked there for a while. I didn't get my $0.25 raise in till I was 1+ year in working there. Ridiculous.
    - $1.00-ish added hourly wage when you get promoted to a Shift Leader.
    - Their ideal candidate is a high-school/college student who wants to work part-time. Rarely did I ever see someone over 25+ working there as a Team Member. And with each new added crew member, they keep getting younger and younger.
    - With a new manager, everything is different. Completely new rules are implemented and old ones are discarded.
    - Because everyone is so close, work relationships often affect personal friendships. Vendettas can be made and not everyone plays nicely.
    - Small employee discount.
    - Typically the owners aren't very helpful. Seldom do they help with the hard work and are rarely there unless something significant happens. During my time working there, I've never seen them throw a pizza or really get their hands dirty.
    - A bad review on Yelp! can get you in serious trouble. It's pathetic how a single review on the Internet can make or break you.
    - Speaking of trouble, if you happen to get into a mess, you probably might get blasted by the owner in the weekly e-mails that you get detailing everything that's happening in the store.

tl;dr: Okay company to work for. Minimum wage. Sometimes the work is too much to be paid that little. Management can be a pain in the buttocks. You're better off working at Chick-Fil-A.

Advice to Management

Listen to your workers. They're literally why you're so successful! While you work behind the scenes, these people are the face of Your Pie. We know how everything works around here. Respect us instead of treating us like we're beneath you. Take a moment every once in a while and ask yourself, "Would I be willing to do this?". Adding unneeded extra jobs to every shift is unnecessary and stressful. Most times you rarely even do the jobs yourself, so why must you force it on everyone else? Keep in mind that we are not being paid that much.

Tell each worker that they are special and are valuable! And SHOW them that! Not just with plain verbal words or a pat on the back. I've seen workers come and go because they've felt like they weren't being respected enough here. And I've seen competent workers being fired over unrealistic things. That might be one of the reasons why you choose to primarily hire young teenagers/friends of coworkers. Good management shows me that you can get down and dirty with us workers to improve the stability of the company, not standing above us and berating us to do better.

6. "Not a place to work"

Former Employee - Team Member in Coral Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Team Member in Coral Springs, FL

I worked at Your Pie part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All employees get tips no matter what position you work.
    There's not much to clean up at night so you can get out pretty quick.

Cons

Employees are treated unfairly.
    The employers lack communication with employees.
    Discriminating against women saying they can't do any heavy lifting.
    Hours would get cut if you called out sick.
    They try to skimp and save on toppings, complaining about how customers want so much but it's unlimited toppings.
    Also, there's not much business so expect to be standing around a lot.
    The managers like to make-up their own hours nightly, so you better call ahead to make sure they'll be open because it's never consistent.
    There's also a high turn over rate.
    If you're thirsty, forget about having a drink unless you brought your own. They will charge you for a soda even if you just want a water cup. Employees only receive a discount when working only for the entree. If you want a drink to go with your meal you'll have to purchase it separately, because they're too cheap to just give you the discount on your whole meal.

Advice to Management

Learn to have respect for your employees and be able to look them in the eyes when you talk to them.

"Fun place to work"

Pros

great employees, making pizza is fun on the side

Cons

I worked at a late night location and the 2am rush was intense

8. "Decent, fun job. Not so great pay."

Former Employee - Shift Leader in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Shift Leader in Atlanta, GA

Pros

It's a fast pace environment, the food is great, and you definitely will not get bored! It is very organized and well-managed. The best part of the job is the flexibility. Great for people with limited availability. Simple job, decent pay for team members compared to other fast casual restaurants.

Cons

The pay for shift leaders could definitely be improved. After over a year of working there I was still making less than the entry pay at most other fast causal restaurants. Shift leaders are also expected to do a lot more than they should be expected to do, especially for the low pay. Also, as a shift leader, you have to do 10x the work because most of the other employees are new hires that don't know what they are doing, considering the high turnover rate. This being said, Your Pie is a franchise, and these circumstances differ by store, so I am only speaking for my specific store.

9. "Operations manager"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Athens, GA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Athens, GA

I have been working at Your Pie full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, great growth opportunities, awesome mentors.

Cons

Weekend work, need more people on rosters

10. "Your Pie Experience"

Pros

young and energetic staff who are willing to learn and are flexible

Cons

location is not profitable so very unlikely to reach bonus structure goals. Salary is not high enough.

11. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Snellville, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Snellville, GA

I worked at Your Pie part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Friendly staff, quality customers - easy to get to know restaurant frequents
    -Management is very knowledgable and run a family-owned business
    -Flexible hours

Cons

-Limited opportunities for promotion as a cashier, but assistant manager position could be possible after 1-2 years of work

Advice to Management

-Continue running the business how you're doing it! PV is a quality provider of food and service.