Youth Services Bureau of Ottawa Reviews | Glassdoor

Youth Services Bureau of Ottawa Reviews

3.4
CEO
1 Rating

1. "Foster Care Case Worker"

Pros

I was able gain experience in the child welfare field. Each case is different. I was able to supervise visits between the child (ren) and parent (s). I was able to attend court hearings and watch the interaction be the caseworkers, lawyers, judge and parents.

Cons

The only downside was driving. My car wasn't in the best shape to drive from city to city. Anyone thinking about going into the child welfare field should be prepared to drive anywhere from 15 mins to 1 1/2 away. I was paid for mileage but all the driving wasn't worth the wear and tear on my car.

2. "Foster care case manager"

Pros

I was able to supervise visits between the parent(s) and child. My supervisor was great and I worked with a descent group of people.

Cons

TOO much driving! My car wasn't in the best of shape and I couldn't drive 2 hours away for a 2 hour visit. I know this is important for the parents and kids to visit each other but my car wasn't in the best of shape to accommodate the trips.

3. "Unorganized, Cheap, Little to no training"

Current Employee - Case Worker in Rockford, IL
    Current Employee - Case Worker in Rockford, IL

I have been working at Youth Services Bureau of Ottawa full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I got nothing. YSB is the worst place I've ever worked.

Cons

Staff consists of mostly women, who are cold, condescending, and in cliques..

Advice to Management

Stop being so cheap