KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Youth Villages CEO Patrick Lawler
Patrick Lawler
Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Youth Villages and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Fine but stressful

Aug 4, 2021 - Behavioral Youth Counselor in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free food, kids are fun! Cool hours iand three days offo. Great coworkers

Cons

Stressful and always on call. Terrible leadership and very unprofessional management.

Youth Villages

Thank you for your feedback! We take your concerns very seriously and will work to get them addressed. Please reach out to us to share any additional feedback at feedback@youthvillages.org.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Interesting place to work

Nov 30, 2021 - Behavioral Youth Counselor in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, Benefits, Co-workers, Overtime hours

Cons

Toxic management, understaffing, dangerous situations

Youth Villages

Thank you for your feedback! At Youth Villages, children’s needs come first, but we also believe in being committed to our staff’s success and support. We strive to maintain open communication with management and our colleagues. That said, we take your concerns very seriously and will take this feedback to the appropriate teams. Please reach out to us to share any additional feedback at feedback@youthvillages.org.

3. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Not for everyone

Oct 16, 2021 - Behavioral Youth Counselor
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay and lots of overtime

Cons

Hardly ever get a break. For me the staff is what makes the job so stressful. Mostly everyone is only there for the money so it lacks the love actually needed.

Youth Villages

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a thoughtful review about your experience working at Youth Villages. During the hiring process, we aim to be very transparent about the non-traditional hours and schedules required for many of our positions. Employees enjoy the flexibility of working with company-issued laptops and creating their own meeting schedules, but it does require time management skills. We understand our line of work may require extra time, mainly if a child or family is in crisis. The work required at times can be demanding but hopefully fulfilling and beneficial to all involved. Please reach out to us to share any additional feedback at feedback@youthvillages.org.

4. 4.0

First Job

Sep 16, 2021 - Behavioral Youth Counselor in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Welcoming community, good training, friendly staff

Cons

Tough work environment, stressful, poor work-life balance.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee

Good for the experience/pay... terrible company.

Aug 19, 2021 - Senior Behavioral Youth Counselor
    Business Outlook

Pros

I loved working here simply because I love mental health counseling of any sort. This was my first job out of school and experience wise-- definitely worth it. I loved watching kids progress and help them through trauma. I gained a lot of knowledge about different therapeutic approaches and therapies that I can apply to real life. My schedule didn't interfere with my social life and worked to my advantage more times than not. Best pay for this field of work in Georgia hands down!!

Cons

Unsafe/unpredictable environment and TERRIBLE UPPER MANAGEMENT!! The people who really make this job hard are the people who don't work on the courtyards and who probably don't even know your first name (or care). We deal with kids who have extensive trauma history and disabilities (physical or intellectual) so I don't expect them to not act out, however, they often times put staff as risk by attacking them and upper management does not care. I even witnessed them try to persuade my co-worker to not press charges on a kid because "it's a bad look" but if a co-worker needs to defend themselves, they don't think twice. They also will fire people with no hesitation and have no replacement so staff is often times overworked. They look at their staff as numbers rather than actual people.

Youth Villages

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a thoughtful review about your experience working with us. At Youth Villages, children’s needs come first, but we also believe in being committed to our staff’s success and support. We strive to maintain open communication with management and our colleagues. That said, we take your concerns very seriously and will take this feedback to the appropriate teams. Please reach out to us to share any additional feedback at feedback@youthvillages.org.

6. 5.0

Great experience

Feb 8, 2021 - Behavioral Youth Counselor Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

The organization does great things for the youth in their care. They do their best with the difficult kids and youth despite being short staffed

Cons

Short staffed, difficult kids with not enough staff to supervise

Youth Villages

We appreciate your feedback! Thank you for your time with our organization, and we wish you well on your future endeavors. Thank you for your time with us!

7. 1.0
    Current Employee

A good starter job

Feb 13, 2021 - Youth Behavioral Counselor in Lithia Springs, Optional[GA]
    Business Outlook

Pros

Job is flexible. They’ll work with your schedule

Cons

It’s honestly too much to name.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee

behavioral youth counselor

Feb 9, 2020 - Behavioral Youth Counselor
    Business Outlook

Pros

putting a smile on the kids faces

Cons

stressful, rules or guidelines are made up as they go along

Youth Villages

Thank you for sharing. We are glad you are enjoying the culture and the people. We are constantly meeting and brainstorming ways to decrease the stress associated with the job. Please reach out to us to share any additional feedback at feedback@youthvillages.org.

9. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

its tough but can be gratifying experience

Sep 9, 2019 - Behavioral Youth Counselor (TC) in Douglasville, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

when the kids behave the days can be fun

Cons

when the kids miss behave prepare to be spat on, cussed at, kicked, hit, etc etc etc all the horrible things. loads of paper work, and you have to work a 16 hour shift atleast once a week

3 people found this review helpful

Youth Villages

Thank you for sharing your feedback. You are right in that working with children and families in crisis can be difficult, but hopefully, it is also rewarding. We are very transparent on the front-end about work requirements as well. If you have additional things you would like to share, please email us at feedback@youthvillages.org

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Ehh

Feb 6, 2019 - Behavioral Youth Counselor in Bartlett, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

respected company in the community

Cons

spent avg. 55 hours per week at work

1 person found this review helpful

Youth Villages

Thank you for your feedback. Can you please email feedback@youthvillages.org to elaborate on the advice to management?

Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 Reviews