KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Youth Villages CEO Patrick Lawler
Patrick Lawler
Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Youth Villages and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Fine but stressful

Aug 4, 2021 - Behavioral Youth Counselor in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free food, kids are fun! Cool hours iand three days offo. Great coworkers

Cons

Stressful and always on call. Terrible leadership and very unprofessional management.

Youth Villages

Thank you for your feedback! We take your concerns very seriously and will work to get them addressed. Please reach out to us to share any additional feedback at feedback@youthvillages.org.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee

Good for the experience/pay... terrible company.

Aug 19, 2021 - Senior Behavioral Youth Counselor
    Business Outlook

Pros

I loved working here simply because I love mental health counseling of any sort. This was my first job out of school and experience wise-- definitely worth it. I loved watching kids progress and help them through trauma. I gained a lot of knowledge about different therapeutic approaches and therapies that I can apply to real life. My schedule didn't interfere with my social life and worked to my advantage more times than not. Best pay for this field of work in Georgia hands down!!

Cons

Unsafe/unpredictable environment and TERRIBLE UPPER MANAGEMENT!! The people who really make this job hard are the people who don't work on the courtyards and who probably don't even know your first name (or care). We deal with kids who have extensive trauma history and disabilities (physical or intellectual) so I don't expect them to not act out, however, they often times put staff as risk by attacking them and upper management does not care. I even witnessed them try to persuade my co-worker to not press charges on a kid because "it's a bad look" but if a co-worker needs to defend themselves, they don't think twice. They also will fire people with no hesitation and have no replacement so staff is often times overworked. They look at their staff as numbers rather than actual people.

Continue reading

Youth Villages

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a thoughtful review about your experience working with us. At Youth Villages, children’s needs come first, but we also believe in being committed to our staff’s success and support. We strive to maintain open communication with management and our colleagues. That said, we take your concerns very seriously and will take this feedback to the appropriate teams. Please reach out to us to share any additional feedback at feedback@youthvillages.org.

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

A stepping stone but be careful

Dec 17, 2021 - Behavioral Counselor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working with the youth is fantastic. Good hours. Watching the youth progress is great.

Cons

Too much staff turnover. Staff members are too punitive rather than therapeutic. The staff members are too quick to physically restrain the kids instead of choosing other de-escalation options.

1 person found this review helpful

4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Interesting place to work

Nov 30, 2021 - Behavioral Youth Counselor in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, Benefits, Co-workers, Overtime hours

Cons

Toxic management, understaffing, dangerous situations

Youth Villages

Thank you for your feedback! At Youth Villages, children’s needs come first, but we also believe in being committed to our staff’s success and support. We strive to maintain open communication with management and our colleagues. That said, we take your concerns very seriously and will take this feedback to the appropriate teams. Please reach out to us to share any additional feedback at feedback@youthvillages.org.

5. 1.0
    Former Employee

Bad

Dec 29, 2021 - Teacher Counselor
    Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits are a pro

Cons

They don’t take care of you if you sick with covid

Youth Villages

Thank you for your feedback! Youth Villages is continuing to monitor the developments around the COVID-19 pandemic. Several of Youth Villages' values guide our response to the virus – "Kids' needs come first… always;" "We provide a safe place;" and "We are committed to our staff," - as well as established health protocols and procedures provided by the CDC and health departments across the country. As we are months into the pandemic, Youth Villages has detailed infectious disease protocols that meet Joint Commission and individual state regulations. In some cases, states are issuing new restrictions and recommendations around the virus, particularly as cases climb, and we are following those. As always, our focus is on the health and well-being of the children, families and young people we serve, as well as that of our dedicated staff. Please reach out to us to share any additional feedback at feedback@youthvillages.org.

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Not for everyone

Oct 16, 2021 - Behavioral Youth Counselor
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay and lots of overtime

Cons

Hardly ever get a break. For me the staff is what makes the job so stressful. Mostly everyone is only there for the money so it lacks the love actually needed.

Continue reading

Youth Villages

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a thoughtful review about your experience working at Youth Villages. During the hiring process, we aim to be very transparent about the non-traditional hours and schedules required for many of our positions. Employees enjoy the flexibility of working with company-issued laptops and creating their own meeting schedules, but it does require time management skills. We understand our line of work may require extra time, mainly if a child or family is in crisis. The work required at times can be demanding but hopefully fulfilling and beneficial to all involved. Please reach out to us to share any additional feedback at feedback@youthvillages.org.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work p

Nov 2, 2021 - Family Counselor in Greensboro, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Positive work environment and great benefits

Cons

Intense workload and a lot of driving

Youth Villages

Thank you for your feedback, and thank you for working with our youth. Working with the children and families we serve is very rewarding but has its challenges. We’re glad you were part of a strong team that worked to help you improve the lives of our families. Best of luck to you, and thank you for sharing your time and talent with Youth Villages. Please reach out to us to share any additional feedback at feedback@youthvillages.org.

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

YV

Nov 1, 2021 - Counselor in Douglassville, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Co-workers make the job Staff is usually close

Cons

Kids are a true headache They are bad, point-blank.

Youth Villages

Thank you! Please reach out to us to share any additional feedback at feedback@youthvillages.org.

9. 3.0
    Former Intern

Ok

Oct 27, 2021 - Counselor in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay was decent enough to live on

Cons

The managers would play favorites

10. 4.0

First Job

Sep 16, 2021 - Behavioral Youth Counselor in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Welcoming community, good training, friendly staff

Cons

Tough work environment, stressful, poor work-life balance.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 173 Reviews