KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Youth Villages CEO Patrick Lawler
Patrick Lawler
Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Youth Villages and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work p

Nov 2, 2021 - Family Counselor in Greensboro, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Positive work environment and great benefits

Cons

Intense workload and a lot of driving

Youth Villages

Thank you for your feedback, and thank you for working with our youth. Working with the children and families we serve is very rewarding but has its challenges. We’re glad you were part of a strong team that worked to help you improve the lives of our families. Best of luck to you, and thank you for sharing your time and talent with Youth Villages. Please reach out to us to share any additional feedback at feedback@youthvillages.org.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work.

Jan 27, 2020 - Intercept Family Counselor in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly and supportive co-workers.

Cons

The pay could be higher for the amount of time you have to work

Youth Villages

Thank you for sharing your feedback. The work required at times can be demanding but hopefully fulfilling and beneficial to all involved, including our colleagues and families we serve as we work to help children we serve return home to their families. We’re very happy to hear you enjoyed working with us!

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good people - demanding work for so so $

Mar 6, 2019 - Family Counselor in Asheville, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The co-workers and clients are wonderful! The Asheville office tries to provide work/home balance

Cons

Very high expectations and challenging work. Pay is good for people right out of school but not worth it if you have years of experience. Lots of driving and long days.

Youth Villages

Thanks for your review. We are always working to increase wages for our employees and stay competitive with our salaries. Communication between direct care staff and management is also a priority for us as an organization. We aim to make that the best it can be, to ensure the youth and families we serve can get the best care they deserve.

4. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Chaotic

Feb 17, 2019 - Family Counselor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, effective model, can set own self care expectaions

Cons

Unreliable schedule, low pay, lots of driving

Youth Villages

Thank you for your recent review regarding both the pros and cons of your time here at Youth Villages. We are always looking to help employees cut down on drive time when possible.

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Horrible managment

Mar 9, 2018 - Family Counselor in Durham, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits and vacation packages, sick days. The have a great retirement plan 403b. Co workers look out for each other, and help each other out.

Cons

Management is lazy, and they have unrealistic expectations. They fail to lead by example. They lack healthy communication. Supervisors will lie on you if they don't like you or they can't boss you around.

1 person found this review helpful

Youth Villages

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We'll make sure it's shared with our leadership teams.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee

My experience here could make me rich one day

Dec 18, 2016 - Family Counselor in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers are good people. The terms and paperwork teach you transferrable skills.

Cons

The hours, some of the supervisors have real chips on their shoulders. There is no debriefing after a rough on call weekend. My sleep schedule was messed up by the job. Which caused me to be tired on the road.

6 people found this review helpful

Youth Villages

We're passing your concerns on to our leadership team. Providing support and training for frontline staff should always be a top priority for our supervisors. We are providing hybrid/laptop computers for our frontline staff now to handle documentation, even team meetings, more efficiently so that they can spend more time directly helping the children and families who need them.

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Family Counselor

Mar 7, 2016 - Family Counselor in Concord, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive management and fellow counselors despite being stressed and overwhelmed with work loads.

Cons

There was extremely high turnover with Family Counselors. It was very difficult to have a work/life balance due to unreasonable work expectations.

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

In home counselor

Jan 25, 2016 - Senior Family Counselor in Morristown, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good training for future employments. Great ongoing training.

Cons

Way to many hours are put into this job as a salaried employee. You spend several hours a week meeting with clients, several hours driving to clients homes and then you spend hours every night in front of a computer at home doing relentless paperwork that is redundant.

9. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Ehh...

Jun 1, 2015 - MST Family Counselor in Greensboro, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ironically I practically pursued the company to get to hire me, now that I'm here, ehh. Lots of training, it's a pro but you will get tired of it. The multi-tiered clinical case reviewing is not as helpful as MST thinks it is but it does make ppl more accountable.

Cons

PAPERWORK OVERLOAD! I actually enjoy the work itself, but my goodness, every ounce of everything you say has to be documented, some of the structural pieces makes you repeat yourself all week, I don't understand why families have to do about 100pages worth of paperwork between pre-admit and admit just ugh! Driving hasn't killed me yet but I have a newer car and super fuel efficient, I will say the oil changes come a lot quicker than expected so get use to the wear and tear.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

I believe in Youth Villages strong mission to help children and families succeed. I love the company culture!

Oct 21, 2014 - MST Family Counselor in Asheville, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

amazing support, great resources, the company cares about their employees, good benefits, great growth experiences.

Cons

tons of paperwork, can be difficult to manage home-work balance, incredibly emotionally tolling at times, not great pay

Viewing 1 - 10 of 24 Reviews