KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Youth Villages CEO Patrick Lawler
Patrick Lawler
Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Youth Villages and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Na

Jul 19, 2021 - Night Monitor in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits when hired in

Cons

Lack of communication between leadership and staff

Youth Villages

Thank you for your feedback! At Youth Villages, children’s needs come first, but we also believe in being committed to our staff’s success and support. We strive to maintain open communication with management and our colleagues. That said, we take your concerns very seriously and will take this feedback to the appropriate teams. Please reach out to us to share any additional feedback at feedback@youthvillages.org.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Cool place to work

Jul 7, 2021 - Night Monitor in Bartlett, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you are looking to make a difference in a child’s life this is the place to do it.

Cons

The kids here come from trouble backgrounds, if you are kind hearted but take things personally then you would have trouble working here. Kids do and say things that aren’t “normal “ from kids. Not really a con just a warning

Youth Villages

We’re glad to hear you’re happy at Youth Villages! You couldn’t be more right when you say our people and organization are tremendous. Thank you for the time you spent with us! Please reach out to us to share any additional feedback at feedback@youthvillages.org.

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not sure what this section is asking for

May 5, 2021 - Residential Night Monitor in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Being able to share my love for working with at risk youth. Working with leadership on ways to improve youth's overall stay at the facility. The facility offers many opportunities for the youth (ie caring for rescue animals, horseback riding, learning to play instruments, canoe riding, etc)

Cons

It is difficult not to become attached to the youth as many of them don't have close family relationships. It is understandable that this is not encouraged. Oftentimes one wants to give items (for example clothing) to those less fortunate that don't have very much to call their own and this was difficult.

Youth Villages

We appreciate your feedback! Thank you for your time with our organization, and we wish you well in your future endeavors. Thank you for your time with us!

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Terrible

Aug 10, 2021 - Night Monitor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Someone has to do the job. Hours can be convenient. Pay is terrible. Children fight staff. Completely understaffed. Unprofessional management.

Cons

Children are forced to sleep on the floor as a punishment. Children must ask permission to use the restroom. Girls have to ask male staff for hygiene products.

5. 3.0

Monitor

Feb 22, 2021 - Night Monitor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is okay, meet good staff members, have a chance to be a positive influence in a child's life

Cons

Poor manger meant depending on what building the employee is placed in

Youth Villages

Thank you for your feedback! We strive to maintain open communication with management and our colleagues. At Youth Villages, children’s needs come first but we also believe in being committed to our staff’s success and support. That said, we take your concerns very seriously and will take this feedback to the appropriate teams. Please reach out to us to share any additional feedback at feedback@youthvillages.org.

6. 3.0

Good job

Sep 18, 2020 - Night Monitor in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The kids are sleep 90% of the shift

Cons

Be prepared for when the kids wake up. Not all are bad.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Documented all required information.Informed personnel for an emergency/illness.

Sep 27, 2015 - Night Monitor in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

I loved working with these children to show them that they were special and important. These children were basically thrown into the system and most of them lived in foster homes and ran away due to bad environments.They had very low self esteem and I felt it was an opportunity for me to help them, no matter how much or how little that I possibly could. This was more than a job for me. I knew that this was a need that desperately needed to be filled by people who wanted these children to have as normal life as possible with optimism as compassion for themselves without regrets for their existence.

Cons

Having the ability to communicate with these children to the best of my capabilities and ensuring them of my intentions to listen to them and let them have the positive attention that they deserved no matter of their tragic backgrounds. All in all I wanted them to have some trust in me so they would know that they could allow trust in some people and not be hurt.

8. 2.0
    Former Employee

Hard Job, disconnect

May 23, 2016 - Night Monitor in Marylhurst, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overtime was nice, camaraderie among shift members, getting to work with and support kids who were invested. Significant periods of downtime, allowed to read or study during these times. If you were given enough time in a program, you could create structure.

Cons

Long, often unpredictable hours, for relatively low wages. if another staff member called into work, which frequently happened, especially on the weekends, you couldn't leave until management found a replacement. Staffing shortages often created potentially unsafe working conditions for you and for the kids. It was very difficult to maintain any sort of work-life balance. After moving sites, there was very little support or consistency in expectations/rules, which made structure very difficult to maintain. Very little opportunity for advancement.

4 people found this review helpful

Youth Villages

Thank you for your thoughtful review! As you may be aware, we had some challenges with this program. Youth Villages Oregon no longer provides residential treatment and is instead focusing on community-based services, though we still have one group home for former foster youth. We very much hope you have found a job you’re happy in and appreciate your dedicated service! Thank you!

9. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Night Monitor Position- Amazing how they take advantage of staff.

Jul 15, 2014 - Night Monitor in Arlington, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love working with kids and finding different ways to get to them. Barely any pros. This place is a horrible place to work.

Cons

The management sucks. After working your shift, they try to make you stay longer to drive kids around, & sometimes very far. Very subtly racist. You can feel the invisible barrier, and you prob won't understand unless you are someone of color. They might not all be like that but that's what's it like at the Germane Lawrence campus. No Lunch breaks. And they try to guilt you into doing things for no extra pay. Every 15 mins you will be up on your feet doing what they call "wanding".

7 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good place to work if you enjoy a challenge

Apr 27, 2017 - Night Monitor in Douglasville, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

helping the kids through therapeutic practices

Cons

pay needs to be higher, scheduling-no weekends off unless you are first shift

Youth Villages

Thank you for your feedback!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Reviews