Find jobs for Teacher Counselor

Youth Villages CEO Patrick Lawler
Patrick Lawler
Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Youth Villages and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Best Position

May 12, 2020 - Teacher Counselor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great working with the kids

Cons

Minimum communication skills with employees

Youth Villages

Thank you for your insightful feedback. We are glad to hear you have been enjoying your time while working with us. We 'd love to hear additional insights from you. Please contact us at feedback@youthvillages.org

2. 1.0
    Former Employee

Bad

Dec 29, 2021 - Teacher Counselor
    Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits are a pro

Cons

They don’t take care of you if you sick with covid

Youth Villages

Thank you for your feedback! Youth Villages is continuing to monitor the developments around the COVID-19 pandemic. Several of Youth Villages' values guide our response to the virus – "Kids' needs come first… always;" "We provide a safe place;" and "We are committed to our staff," - as well as established health protocols and procedures provided by the CDC and health departments across the country. As we are months into the pandemic, Youth Villages has detailed infectious disease protocols that meet Joint Commission and individual state regulations. In some cases, states are issuing new restrictions and recommendations around the virus, particularly as cases climb, and we are following those. As always, our focus is on the health and well-being of the children, families and young people we serve, as well as that of our dedicated staff. Please reach out to us to share any additional feedback at feedback@youthvillages.org.

3. 1.0

Meh employment

Aug 28, 2021 - Teacher Counselor in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

None that I could easily recall

Cons

So many it’s hard to list

Youth Villages

Thank you! Please reach out to us to share any additional feedback at feedback@youthvillages.org.

4. 4.0

Greater

Jul 15, 2021 - Teacher Counselor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great staff decent company frequent raises

Cons

Draining lots of turnover 16 hour shifts

Youth Villages

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a thoughtful review about your experience working at Youth Villages. During the hiring process, we aim to be very transparent about the non-traditional hours and schedules required for many of our positions. Employees enjoy the flexibility of working with company-issued laptops and creating their own meeting schedules, but it does require time management skills. We understand our line of work may require extra time, mainly if a child or family is in crisis. The work required at times can be demanding but hopefully fulfilling and beneficial to all involved. Please reach out to us to share any additional feedback at feedback@youthvillages.org.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Never again

Jul 22, 2021 - Teacher Counselor in Douglasville, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It was a steady paycheck

Cons

Not much room for advancement. I wanted to be a therapist there but the lead therapist decided she no longer wanted to hire in-house and although they would advertise positions, she only hired outside people.

Youth Villages

Thank you for your feedback! Please know that we consider career development a path that can have many diverse options. So, it’s important to us for our employees to experience growth and development through our continuous training, tuition reimbursement and licensure supervision, or to pursue opportunities to advance both clinically and administratively with Youth Villages. Please reach out to us to share any additional feedback at feedback@youthvillages.org.

6. 3.0

YV

Jun 24, 2021 - Teacher Counselor in Douglasville, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

3 off days, which is awesome

Cons

Physically and mentally draining overall

Youth Villages

Thank you for your feedback and thank you for working with our youth. Working with the children and families we serve is very rewarding but has its challenges. We’re glad you were part of a strong team that worked to help you improve the lives of our families. Best of luck to you and thank you for sharing your time and talent with Youth Villages. Please reach out to us to share any additional feedback at feedback@youthvillages.org.

7. 2.0

Review

May 12, 2021 - Teacher Counselor in Douglas, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working with children and being able to touch/change a life or more

Cons

The management. They don’t care about their staff

Youth Villages

Thank you for your feedback! We strive to maintain open communication with management and our colleagues. At Youth Villages, children’s needs come first but we also believe in being committed to our staff’s success and support. That said, we take your concerns very seriously and will take this feedback to the appropriate teams. Please reach out to us to share any additional feedback at feedback@youthvillages.org.

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Make Decent Money but Very Stressful Job

Feb 23, 2021 - Overnight Teacher Counselor in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Generous overtime 3 day weekend

Cons

Constant turnover leads to burnout Difficult to take time off when there are staff shortages

Continue reading

Youth Villages

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a thoughtful review about your experience working at Youth Villages. During the hiring process, we aim to be very transparent about the non-traditional hours and scheduling that is required for many of our positions. Employees enjoy the flexibility of working with company-issued laptops and creating their own meeting schedules, but it does require time management skills. We understand our line of work may require extra time, particularly if a child or family is in crisis. The work required at times can be demanding, but hopefully fulfilling and beneficial to all involved. Please reach out to us to share any additional feedback at feedback@youthvillages.org.

9. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

No work life balance

Feb 27, 2021 - Overnight Teacher Counselor in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay and seeing the kids successfully complete treatment

Cons

Employee needs are over looked. No work life balance. Wouldn’t recommend if you’re married or have kids

2 people found this review helpful

10. 2.0

At your own risk

Dec 28, 2020 - Senior Teacher Counselor
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Tuition Reimbursement, but you have to give them 2 years of employment after graduating

Cons

-no time to anything besides go to work -fluctuation in hours -mentally and physically draining -very demanding

Continue reading

Senior Public Relations Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback! The safety of our employees is a top priority for our organization, regardless of program or position. We work with leadership and management to ensure every frontline employee is equipped with the appropriate contacts, tactics and knowledge to stay as safe as possible as they complete the important work we do for children and families. Our response to the virus is guided by several Youth Villages values – “Kids’ needs come first… always;” “We provide a safe place;” and “We are committed to our staff,” as well as established health protocols and procedures provided by the CDC and health departments across the country. We have detailed infectious disease protocols that meet Joint Commission and individual state regulations. In some cases, states are issuing new restrictions and recommendations around the virus, particularly as cases climb, and we are following those. As always, our focus is on the health and well-being of the children, families and young people we serve, as well as that of our dedicated staff. Please reach out to us to share any additional feedback at feedback@youthvillages.org.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 61 Reviews