KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Youth Villages Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Dec 30, 2020

Found 85 of over 723 reviews

3.3
Youth Villages CEO Patrick Lawler
Patrick Lawler
Pros
  • "It provides the opportunity to truly give back to your community and improve the lives of children and families(in 27 reviews)

• "I am currently seeking licensure with support from YV(in 24 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Difficult maintaining a work-life balance(in 85 reviews)

• "Long hours, mandatory transports on off days(in 53 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Youth Villages and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Great place to work

Dec 30, 2020 - Family Intervention Specialist in Cookeville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly people. Good salary. Help when needed

Cons

Work Life Balance. Long hours

Senior Public Relations Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback and thank you for working with our youth. Working with the children and families we serve is very rewarding but has its challenges. We’re glad you were part of a strong team who worked to help you improve the lives of our families. Please reach out to us to share any additional feedback at feedback@youthvillages.org.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Youth Villes Specialized Crisis Counselor

Dec 16, 2020 - Mobile Crisis Counselor in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive supervisory staff and amazing opportunies for growth within the company.

Cons

Difficulty finding work/life balance, often understaffed and overwhelemed with call volume.

Senior Public Relations Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback and thank you for working with our youth. Working with the children and families we serve is very rewarding but has its challenges. We’re glad you were part of a strong team who worked to help you improve the lives of our families. Best of luck to you, and thank you for sharing your time and talent with Youth Villages. Please reach out to us to share any additional feedback at feedback@youthvillages.org.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work for, but can't avoid the difficult work-life balance

Oct 5, 2020 - Social Worker in Woburn, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Willing to receive feedback from every level of the company -Supportive leadership

Cons

-Difficult maintaining a work-life balance -Lots of paperwork

Senior Public Relations Coordinator

Thank you for taking out the time to give us a thoughtful review. During the hiring process we aim to be very transparent about the non-traditional hours and scheduling that is required of our frontline staff. Many staff members enjoy the flexibility of working with company issued laptops and creating their own meeting schedules, but it does require time management skills. We understand our line of work may require extra time. The work required at times can be demanding, but hopefully fulfilling and beneficial to all involved. Please reach out to us to share any additional feedback at feedback@youthvillages.org.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS JOB!

Feb 17, 2020 - Family Intervention Specialist in Tulsa, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, helpful coworkers, great families,

Cons

No work-life balance, 40+ hours per week, working with the DHS workers, office culture

3 people found this review helpful

Youth Villages

Thank you for reaching out to us about your experience working with Youth Villages. We wanted to take a moment to respond to a few of your comments. Youth Villages provides evidence-based, proven clinical approaches to helping children and families. Our Intercept intensive in-home model focuses on building on parents’ and children’s strengths and incorporates clinically backed, trauma-informed models including trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy (TFCBT) and Collaborative Problem Solving®, a highly effective approach developed by Think:Kids and Massachusetts General Hospital. Additionally, our licensed clinical consultants offer ongoing supervision and guidance for all treatment plans. And, we will admit, our clinical approaches often requires our family specialists to think differently than in their previous training and challenges them to find the best ways to work with families based on what is driving the behaviors and incorporating all environmental factors (home, peers, school, community and self) that could influence the behavior. All of this is based on what we know works – and our 88% success rate with families living successfully across the country is proof that our programs work. Youth Villages additionally assesses and reviews feedback from its employees. We have been award the Great Place to Work honor (based on our own employees’ feedback), and regularly incorporate input from that survey to make change at our organization. One of the initiatives we are piloting this year due in large part from employee feedback is a new training around unconscious bias and cultural diversity. We are very intentional when it comes to introducing new training curriculum and are very excited to roll this out over the coming months. This and other professional development trainings are in addition to our weeklong orientation for new employees, which is meant to serve as an overview of the organization’s top-level practices. Most of the hands-on, job-specific training happens during the first weeks of our employees’ time with Youth Villages. We appreciate your feedback, and if you would like to share more, you can reach out to us at feedback@youthvillages.org. Thank you for your time with our organization.

5. 3.0

Salary

Oct 20, 2020 - Crisis Counselor in Cookeville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mileage, yearly bonuses, PTO, sick days

Cons

No work life balance, supervisors don't care

6. 3.0

Ok

Oct 4, 2020 - Teacher Counselor in Hattiesburg, MS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and rewarding job

Cons

The location I was at didn’t care about its employees. No work/life balance

Senior Public Relations Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback and thank you for working with our youth. Working with youth/families is very rewarding but has its challenges. We’re glad you were part of a strong team who worked to help you improve the lives of our families. Best of luck to you, and thank you for sharing your time and talents with Youth Villages. Please reach out to us to share any additional feedback at feedback@youthvillages.org.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

I should’ve read the reviews

Jul 13, 2020 - Family Intervention Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Not many pros other than great coworkers

Cons

Supervisors don’t care about the safety of their staff, low pay, a lot of drive time for poor compensation, poor work-life balance with mandated hourly requirements

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Over worked, micromanaged, with low pay.

Jul 18, 2019 - Foster Care Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Loved the work I did because it’s my passion! Benefits are decent. Depending on your position, you can have some control of your schedule. I learned a lot about the system and what not to do in a leadership position.

Cons

Their expectations are ridiculous. Work-life balance is non existent even on your flex time off. They preach to take time off, but they don’t mean it. Hardly any support from higher ups. This company doesn’t really care for their employees, they want results with hardly any resources for support. If you don’t meet your quota, you’ll get written up even if it’s out of your control. They’re a great company to provide services to their clients, but they’re terrible as employers. There are meetings for EVERYTHING and they are completely a waste of time. Regionals talk down and about other employees. They’ll ask you for your opinion, but never take it into consideration. I’ll never work for this company again.

Youth Villages

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We strive to maintain open communication with management and colleagues. We are always looking at ways to enhance work/life balance. If you would like to share more about your experience, please email us at feedback@youthvillages.org so we can understand more about your comments above. We also will share your feedback with leadership.

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

I honestly have no words to describe how bad this place is.

May 27, 2020 - Counselor in Memphis, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

None! The only pros are that it looks good on a resume

Cons

Everything! There isn't any work-life balance

1 person found this review helpful

Youth Villages

Thank you for taking out the time to give us a review. During the hiring process we aim to be very transparent about the non-traditional hours and scheduling that is required of our frontline staff. Many staff members enjoy the flexibility of working with company issued laptops and creating their own meeting schedules, but it does require time management skills. We understand our line of work may require extra time. The work required at times can be demanding, but hopefully fulfilling and beneficial to all involved. Please reach out to us to share any additional feedback at feedback@youthvillages.org.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great non-profit

Jul 3, 2019 - MSt Supervisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Youth Villages is truly an innovator in their field. It provides the opportunity to truly give back to your community and improve the lives of children and families. They invest in their employees and provide a lot of room for growth and advancement.

Cons

Work life balance is hard because many direct line staff positions are on call 24 hours a day, 5 days a week. They did rotate weekend on call. As a supervisor, I was on call 24/7 and often responded both by phone and in person. If you’re not part of a TN office, it’s easy to feel forgotten.

Youth Villages

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you are overall happy with your experience. We do work hard to maintain a good life/work balance for all Youth Villages colleagues but we know the family's needs can be demanding at times. We appreciate also your feedback regarding states outside of Tennessee, and we are working to improve connectedness across the board. Thank you for the work you did!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 85 Reviews