Yum! Reviews | Glassdoor

Yum! CEO Greg Creed
Greg Creed

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance suffers do to not being properly staffed due to G&A restrictions (in 9 reviews)

• Low standards, people are not held accountable, long hours with no break (in 6 reviews)

"Fun on the surface, but beware of politics"

I worked at Yum! full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Fun culture
    - Good work life balance
    - Decent compensation packages

Cons

- If you work at Yum, you'll have a great time. But know that the fun culture on the surface is only one piece. Politics are RAMPANT at Yum. You won't likely keep your job (let alone move up) if the right people don't see the work you're doing at the right time.
    - Recognition culture is great, but the politics creep their way in again. If you don't constantly recognize other people (even when it's not truly merited) you'll be thought of as a 'bad culture fit'. Recognition should be about the person RECEIVING the recognition, not about the person GIVING the recognition.

Advice to Management

Yum would be a great place to work if the office politics and posturing got reigned in. Also, figure out how to make the great recognition culture something authentic rather than a political tool.

"Marketing Director"

I worked at Yum! full-time

Pros

There are incredibly smart people who who there.

Cons

They foster an environment of chaos and back biting. There is very little cooperation between teams... its all just a competition to get promoted with no regard for the state of the business or your teams

Advice to Management

Choose a path. So much time and energy are wasted because of poor leadership and indecisiveness.

3. "Do not recommend"

Pros

The majority of the people are friendly, at least to your face and it has a really warm atmosphere. They give you a lot of perks.

Cons

Training was very disorganized. I was very capable of excelling at the position but was barely given a chance. I Was fired on my fourth REAL day at work when training was over without warning or barely any word from a supervisor and they were VERY unprofessional and unethical. I was really starting to learn the duties and processes but it is impossible to learn all of it within four days. It might seem like a fantastic place at first but depending on the department, don't get your hopes up too high.

Advice to Management

Learn how to professionally communicate with your employees if there is any issues, and give them at least two weeks to get comfortable in the position before termination without notice. At least in certain departments. Coaching your employees can go a long way.

"Disorganized and poor leadership"

I worked at Yum! full-time

Pros

There is a culture of teamwork and integrity

Cons

There is a lack of transparency, organization, and strategy. Leaders are promoted without true assessments of their performance or influence on the culture and productivity of their teams.

"Have to take the good and the bads"

Former Employee - Finance in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Finance in Plano, TX

Pros

Good people for the most part
    Great benefits
    Great intent on culture
    Intense
    Global experience

Cons

David Gibbs, CFO is the most uncouth person I've had the displeasure to work for. Although the company is touted as the best place to work for minority's that doesn't live true at the corporate level. For all the years I worked for David, the only minority in his corporate staff are from past incumbents. The individuals he hired and promoted looks as though they came out of a Brooks Brothers add. Yum is a great place to work to gain global experience but you have to have a thick skin and overlook the continued disparity.

"Entry level perspective"

I have been working at Yum! full-time

Pros

Great opportunity to create your own development plan. 1/2 day Fridays and great 401(K) match. Great facilities and great daycare for families to leverage.

Cons

If you're looking for the Yum! Culture it's not here anymore. The new leadership team doesn't make it a priority, especially the new CPO. If you're looking for stability it's not here. Yum constantly reorganizes and people are always being laid off. It's a common phrase employees say "they used to work here". If you're looking for performance base promotions, it's not here. Yum is extremely political and only people who know the right people get anywhere.

Advice to Management

Good luck.

"Financial Analyst"

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

good work life balance and culture

Cons

management doesn't empower employees
    focus on growth but no systematic or innovative ideas that are supported to implement

8. "revenue"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louis, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louis, OK

Pros

benefits pay facility was nice holidays off

Cons

inadequate training high expectations extremely stressful

Advice to Management

stress reduction

"Hard work and honesty does not pay, do not fall for the BS"

Former Employee - Facilities Tech in Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - Facilities Tech in Rockford, IL

I worked at Yum! full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My individual boss was awesome, he understood the difficulty of my job and gave me freedom and trusted me to make decisions that I thought were best for my 34 TB locations and creating a new facilities management system from the ground up

Cons

I chose to give this company everything thing I had to offer many days 18 + hours a day without complaint more locations then any other tech in the country and I did it with joy.
    Then it was time to restructure and as part of the restructuring my New Boss started giving me impossible tasks to complete, his mission was to fire me even though my track records were on the high side compared many techs being tracked for WO
    They totally Screwed me, because some area coach had a friend in mind for my job

Advice to Management

Stop the lies, and stop telling people that If you work hard you can become a successful yum brand employee, because you know it's just a lie to keep them working and pay them as little as possible for that one chance to become a successful yum brand employee

10. "Meh"

I worked at Yum! full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My group was nice but Taco Bell folks that had been there a while treated me like I was dirt.

Cons

Couldn't afford to stay.. Asked what I needed but didn't offer me any more $. Then offered a temp who needed training more to take my position.

Advice to Management

Pay employees better