Z Gallerie Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Robert Frank

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Employee discount is really good (depending on region) (in 9 reviews)

• Independent work, task-oriented, fun work environment, great coworkers, interaction with customers is minimal, weekends off (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Customer service is disappointing and customers are forced to wait very long to receive their items (in 9 reviews)

• Upper management not well informed about their employees needs (in 7 reviews)

1. "Get ready to work!"

Current Employee - Customer Relations Consultant in Gardena, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Relations Consultant in Gardena, CA

I have been working at Z Gallerie full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is always an opportunity to learn and grow!

Cons

Co-worker drama:( Just stay focused on work. #nonewfriends #butbenice

Advice to Management

Play fair, keep pushing us, but keep us motivated.

"Z Gallerie Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Bridgeport, OR
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Bridgeport, OR

I worked at Z Gallerie part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had very understanding managers that were willing to work with me even when I had health problems that limited some of the ways in which I could work. They had a better starting wage than a lot of other retail sellers. I enjoyed my co-workers a lot and most of the tasks were very easy to understand and the training was well done. Mistakes were treated as learning events. It's a great gateway job for anyone who wants to go into interior design. They're really great about working with people to give them time to do schooling. You have to ask for time off well in advance but it's well received and I never saw someone denied. They were great when I decided to move on to a job that gave me better opportunities.

Cons

It can be very boring. While I worked there we were never busy and I stood around a lot but you have to be on your toes if someone does come in. All of the retail stores are starting to struggle. Especially in decor and furniture. You are expected to talk to customers to the point you feel like you're bothering them. Some of the store policies about returns are very strict so you'll often deal with grumpy customers. Most of our clientele was very picky and could get huffy if we didn't have just what they wanted. Customer service was very frustrating and hard to work with you also had to deal with a lot merchandise that would have flaws or broken in transit and you'd still have to try and sell it.

Advice to Management

Have your buyers get some smaller stuff so many people walked out because everything was large.

3. "Third Key Manager"

Former Employee - Third Key Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Third Key Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Z Gallerie part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing company , good pay and great hours.

Cons

Not really any cons about the job

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing.

4. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Plano, TX

I worked at Z Gallerie part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I liked working for Z gallerie because they sell beautiful designs that grab customers attention. I likes working with a clientele book as well.

Cons

Most of the employees I worked with shared similar goals, but I would say that the management is sub par and the large orders took longer to receive than usual

5. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Z Gallerie part-time

Pros

There is always a possibility to meet people and network
    The merchandise looks beautiful and its generally a nice atmosphere to be in even on a bad day

Cons

This place is terrible. The sad part is it is not the worst job I have had yet it is the one place of employment I have experienced a "disdain" for the employees as the companies overall attitude. In their eyes, its always the customer over the employee. I read a previous review today from someone in Atlanta in 2015 and EVERYTHING that was said is still relevant regarding the company and I am at a different location which speaks to what little growth has occurred! Management knit picks about every little thing and tries to micromanage but exhibits characteristics of being unprofessional. Management will reprimand you for being 1 or 2 minutes late but will be late themselves and even call in at the last minute! One of my managers stepped outside to smoke a cigarette while on the clock! You will DEFINITELY feel overworked and underpaid. $10/hr to sell 2,500-3,000, while having to complete truck, restocking the floor and any other task they feel like you should do is not worth it. And forbid that it is a slow day, because management will still get on your case about "not selling" even if there is no one in the store. Closing duties take 1 and 1/2- 2 HOURS to complete which is ridiculous. This company is incredibly greedy and too cheap to hire cleaning crews and would rather work their employees to the bone making them refill the gallery, clean bathrooms and take out trash, sweep the entire store AND mop and will treat you as if you are less important if your sales drop. There is definitely an issue of favoritism when it comes to sales which is ridiculous seeming as though other associates will completely disregard the fact that you were working with certain customers and close the sale under their name instead. Management tries to appear as if they are professional and trying to be supportive of employees but they are really just concerned about what employees can do for them so that they look good to their bosses. They press you to hound customers to sign up for emails and pushing everyone to purchase something. The worst part is that there is no commission! They recently changed their methods however. At first, we would receive "bonuses" (that where taxed by the way) of up to $125 and maybe $200 if you were a top seller. Now, it is similar to commission, EXCEPT the fact that EVERYONE has to meet their goal in order for each person to receive a bonus. So basically you are slaving super hard to make the company tons of money and you may or may not see a dime of the money you made for the company. Also, the merchandise is beautiful however, a lot of it is extremely overpriced. Customer service is disappointing and customers are forced to wait very long to receive their items.

Advice to Management

Management needs to have more of a humble approach to dealing with the employees and the company over all needs to become more accessible to the customer and supportive of their employees. Even though the products are likeable, their business could flourish if they fixed their delivery and customer service issues.

6. "Left a sour taste"

Pros

For some roles, you can work from home.

Cons

Terrible management; arrogance; last-minute information sharing making it impossible to meet goals; constantly shifting deadlines; lack of diversity in workforce (most everyone is white and 30); bait and switch regarding actual roles and pay.

Advice to Management

Listen to your workers, treat them with dignity, respect their opinions, and for crying out loud, hire a few people of color, and buy the product database so your "copywriters" don't have to slave over spreadsheets like clerical workers!

7. "Not worth the hassle"

I worked at Z Gallerie part-time

Pros

Awesome environment / products; although some are pretty much disposable.

Cons

Use you to the fullest and promise the moon; but throw you away when they can't suck anything else out of you.

Advice to Management

Try being nicer, focus more, and treat others with some dignity. You need to also take time for a more structured, official training.

8. "Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Z Gallerie part-time

Pros

Bonuses, Discount, The Store and Staff

Cons

Breaks, Money, and feeling over worked but way under paid.

9. "Love the People I work with and the Product but..."

Current Employee - Salesperson
    Current Employee - Salesperson

I have been working at Z Gallerie (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a great work environment! I don't like sitting all day, so this job is perfect for me. You stay active, and everyone gets to use their creativity. I've learned a lot about merchandising and selling from this job. My team is great, and the product is fabulous.

Cons

They pay horribly low for what the job requires, and they do not pay fairly per everyone's experience levels. Customer Service over the last 6 months has been absolutely HORRIBLE, and there is only so much we can do in store, so having to deal with them has been exhausting.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to what your employees are doing on a daily basis and offer them a pay rate that applies in comparison with everyone else. Keep every department in check; your company is only as strong as the weakest department.

"Inconsistent at best"

I have been working at Z Gallerie part-time

Pros

It is a job, the customers

Cons

dress code inconsistencies, unorganized, outdated and dysfunctional computer system

Advice to Management

treat employees like you want to be treated, be consistent with all employees, lead by example