Z Gallerie "customer service" Reviews | Glassdoor

Z Gallerie Employee Reviews about "customer service"

Updated 23 Aug 2019

2.4
Z Gallerie CEO Robert Frank (no image)
Robert Frank
Pros
Cons
  • "Customer service is useless-making the store & employees look bad(in 15 reviews)

• "A little stressful for a furniture store(in 15 reviews)

Reviews about "customer service"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "great family feel"

I have been working at Z Gallerie full-time

Pros

autonomy -you can can really run your own business here!

Cons

processes need improvement, customer service needs to better support stores

Advice to Management

fix customer service dept and improve pos

Z Gallerie2019-01-31
  2. "Ok position"

Current Employee - Associate Manager

I have been working at Z Gallerie full-time

Pros

management team is pretty fair

Cons

teucks at 5am. Customer service suckss

Z Gallerie2019-08-23
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Average pricing and merchandise, Medium to poor management"

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Visual in Leawood, KS

I worked at Z Gallerie full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun, glam home decor items. Visually attractive store

Cons

Poor corporate customer service. Bad, outdated computer/register equipment. Repetitive sale tagging and pricing-creating much more work to set up and take down weekly sales. Poor benefits for most employees. Bad store management

Z Gallerie2019-08-18
  5. "Overall Good"

I have been working at Z Gallerie full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun coworkers, good discount, good benefits

Cons

Very reactionary, don't plan ahead much, customer service is bad

Z Gallerie2019-06-05
  6. "Love hate relationship"

Current Employee - Associate Manager

I have been working at Z Gallerie full-time for more than a year

Pros

Love the store, all the glitz and glam. Fun environment if you like interiors and decor. Great group of employees. Good bonus if you make your numbers.

Cons

Upper management needs a ton of improvement. Barely any training. Unachievable sales goals. Customer service is useless-making the store & employees look bad. Scheduling is a nightmare.

Advice to Management

Train your staff especially store and assistant managers.

Z Gallerie2019-05-02

"I actually love my job!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Z Gallerie full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Amazing coworkers/boss that are always friendly - Willing to work on a flexible or fixed schedule (mine is fixed which works great for me!) - Easy to get overtime during the holidays if you're willing to stay late or come in early or live on a 6 day schedule - Potential bonuses depending on goals met/exceeded - Great employee discount (and some other good benefits) - Part time or full time sales positions - Very... great resources for learning new/expanding upon product knowledge - If you're into the stores decor "themes" it can be a very inspiring workplace - Regular customers become your second family

Cons

- My manager is sometimes disconnected with the rest of the associate managers/associates on priorities and going over important emails. - Rude customers here are on a new level of entitlement. - The POS is a POS. - Some benefits are better than others (sick/vacation time is a long, slow crawl to get any decent amount of time off) - The usual retail struggles during holidays (possible extended mall/store hours,... Black Friday madness, overtime you may not want, etc. This is only a real issue for new hires/temps) - One bad apple can destroy the day - Customer service sometimes works against you - Online promotions can be comparable/better than in store which really tanks sales

Advice to Management

-Incentives and bonuses are not adjusted to the overall retail decline of brick and mortar stores. You can't expect a motivated team to continue to beg for sales when the bar was so high pre decline that they can't possibly bonus for the quarter. -Stop having stores run promotions that are the same/not as good as online promos! -Everyone needs to be treated equally with company expectations. I won't say there is... favorites, but some get away with calling out (sometimes after their shift was supposed to start) while others are put under watch. -Customer service doesn't always follow through with their promises which means customers come into the store to take it out on us. -The locations for some stores and definitely not the place to sell several grand sofas. - Make a position for visual merchandisers in every store and let them have a little bend in the way stores are staged. They may be showrooms for the company but each region has their own look that's more personal to the demographic!

Z Gallerie2018-11-05

"Z Gallerie Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Bridgeport, OR

I worked at Z Gallerie part-time for more than a year

Pros

I had very understanding managers that were willing to work with me even when I had health problems that limited some of the ways in which I could work. They had a better starting wage than a lot of other retail sellers. I enjoyed my co-workers a lot and most of the tasks were very easy to understand and the training was well done. Mistakes were treated as learning events. It's a great gateway job for anyone who... wants to go into interior design. They're really great about working with people to give them time to do schooling. You have to ask for time off well in advance but it's well received and I never saw someone denied. They were great when I decided to move on to a job that gave me better opportunities.

Cons

It can be very boring. While I worked there we were never busy and I stood around a lot but you have to be on your toes if someone does come in. All of the retail stores are starting to struggle. Especially in decor and furniture. You are expected to talk to customers to the point you feel like you're bothering them. Some of the store policies about returns are very strict so you'll often deal with grumpy customers.... Most of our clientele was very picky and could get huffy if we didn't have just what they wanted. Customer service was very frustrating and hard to work with you also had to deal with a lot merchandise that would have flaws or broken in transit and you'd still have to try and sell it.

Advice to Management

Have your buyers get some smaller stuff so many people walked out because everything was large.

Z Gallerie2017-07-29

"Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Z Gallerie part-time

Pros

There is always a possibility to meet people and network The merchandise looks beautiful and its generally a nice atmosphere to be in even on a bad day

Cons

This place is terrible. The sad part is it is not the worst job I have had yet it is the one place of employment I have experienced a "disdain" for the employees as the companies overall attitude. In their eyes, its always the customer over the employee. I read a previous review today from someone in Atlanta in 2015 and EVERYTHING that was said is still relevant regarding the company and I am at a different location... which speaks to what little growth has occurred! Management knit picks about every little thing and tries to micromanage but exhibits characteristics of being unprofessional. Management will reprimand you for being 1 or 2 minutes late but will be late themselves and even call in at the last minute! One of my managers stepped outside to smoke a cigarette while on the clock! You will DEFINITELY feel overworked and underpaid. $10/hr to sell 2,500-3,000, while having to complete truck, restocking the floor and any other task they feel like you should do is not worth it. And forbid that it is a slow day, because management will still get on your case about "not selling" even if there is no one in the store. Closing duties take 1 and 1/2- 2 HOURS to complete which is ridiculous. This company is incredibly greedy and too cheap to hire cleaning crews and would rather work their employees to the bone making them refill the gallery, clean bathrooms and take out trash, sweep the entire store AND mop and will treat you as if you are less important if your sales drop. There is definitely an issue of favoritism when it comes to sales which is ridiculous seeming as though other associates will completely disregard the fact that you were working with certain customers and close the sale under their name instead. Management tries to appear as if they are professional and trying to be supportive of employees but they are really just concerned about what employees can do for them so that they look good to their bosses. They press you to hound customers to sign up for emails and pushing everyone to purchase something. The worst part is that there is no commission! They recently changed their methods however. At first, we would receive "bonuses" (that where taxed by the way) of up to $125 and maybe $200 if you were a top seller. Now, it is similar to commission, EXCEPT the fact that EVERYONE has to meet their goal in order for each person to receive a bonus. So basically you are slaving super hard to make the company tons of money and you may or may not see a dime of the money you made for the company. Also, the merchandise is beautiful however, a lot of it is extremely overpriced. Customer service is disappointing and customers are forced to wait very long to receive their items.

Advice to Management

Management needs to have more of a humble approach to dealing with the employees and the company over all needs to become more accessible to the customer and supportive of their employees. Even though the products are likeable, their business could flourish if they fixed their delivery and customer service issues.

Z Gallerie2017-07-24
  10. "Love the People I work with and the Product but..."

Salesperson

I have been working at Z Gallerie for more than 3 years

Pros

It's a great work environment! I don't like sitting all day, so this job is perfect for me. You stay active, and everyone gets to use their creativity. I've learned a lot about merchandising and selling from this job. My team is great, and the product is fabulous.

Cons

They pay horribly low for what the job requires, and they do not pay fairly per everyone's experience levels. Customer Service over the last 6 months has been absolutely HORRIBLE, and there is only so much we can do in store, so having to deal with them has been exhausting.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to what your employees are doing on a daily basis and offer them a pay rate that applies in comparison with everyone else. Keep every department in check; your company is only as strong as the weakest department.

Z Gallerie2017-04-04

"HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE"

I have been working at Z Gallerie

Pros

There are none. Can't stand any of it. Poor management, poor systems, outdated equipment, absolutely horrible all around. Would never recommend.

Cons

All of it. Completely outdated company systems, not user friendly, unclear policies. Poor management, poor communication to stores from corporate level employees. Super vague employee handbook that in no way protects the rights of the employee. Customer service does nothing, they send customers into the stores with irrational promises that we can't keep.

Advice to Management

Change things quickly, because what goes on in these stores is ugly, from customer issues to what customer service tells people.

Z Gallerie2016-12-30