Z57 Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 14, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ryan Whitlock

Pros
  • Great sales coaching, fun environment (in 7 reviews)

• With the Z57 Core Values as a guide, it seems the company has been setup as an engine of opportunity (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • This type of cold call sales takes a very specific personality to make money in their program and succeed long term (in 5 reviews)

• Plus the company has bad reviews online making it hard to sell the product (in 3 reviews)

1. "I would recommend this company to anyone!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Z57 full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great Company and Fair Comp Plan. Ive been working here for 7 years and loving it. I Make a 6 figure income and Just like anything else i had to earn my compensation.

Cons

6:30 start time. (im not a morning person)

Advice to Management

Management is great! Keep doing what you're doing!

"Sales"

I worked at Z57 full-time

Pros

Casual atmosphere and that's about it.

Cons

Sales team has to be there by 6:30am, which is fine if you force yourself to remember you'll be off at 3:30. The whole company is really corrupt. They turn on billing for clients that have been cancelled for months and hope they don't notice. Additionally everyone on the sales floor has to "fire their chair" when people come in for an interview and you actually get in trouble if you stay seated during that time. The leads also aren't very good. You cold call real estate agents all day that hate you or don't care to talk to you.

Advice to Management

Stop acting like you are above everyone else with the core values that you yourselves don't follow and stop doing illegal stuff.

Z57 Response

Feb 16, 2017 – Marketing Manager

At Z57, we pride ourselves in operating a highly successful, and ethical business since 1998. We assist thousands of Realtors grow their businesses by utilizing our internet marketing products and ... More

"Cold call purgatory"

I worked at Z57 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very fun atmosphere, fun work events on a fairly regular basis. I can also say that the intensive training and high pressure greatly increased my confidence, my phone skills, and make my current job easier every day.

Cons

I thought about standing up and walking out of the office at least once a week. It is stressful, high pressure, and exhausting. On bad days, you will do nothing but coldcall. Unless you become very good very quickly, you won't make very much money. I understand the sales process has changed significantly since I left, which is less than surprising as the sales floor seemed to be perpetually under performing. I don't regret my time at Z, because I picked up many valuable skills, but don't labor under the delusion that you will make it rich--almost no one does.

Advice to Management

I understand that sales inherently has a high turnover, but greater effort in training never goes amiss. Also, retain your best sales leaders, changes in leadership during my tenure really damaged morale and performance.

5. "Managing consultant"

Former Employee - Managing Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Managing Consultant in San Diego, CA

I worked at Z57 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Hours and that is about it really can't really say anything great about this company, besides you get to go work early and leave early if you do what you do

Cons

Bad environment bad people bad reputation bad product and bad management, Ugly office worst hiring process and worst managers

Advice to Management

To change everything everything To change everything everything To change everything everything To change everything everything

"dont work here"

I worked at Z57 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

looks cool on the outside, great interviews but awful awful place to work, if your coming in sales your basically screwed.

Cons

, terrible hours, the classroom learning is boring, and their not that great of a place to wor contrary to your interviews

Advice to Management

be more transparent with your expectations, if there is a goal set for them hold yourself accountable and let them get to their goals

7. "Challenging but rewarding sales career"

I have been working at Z57 full-time

Pros

Fun sales environment, engaging leaders. The product is top of the line

Cons

Sales quotas can be daunting for newer or struggling sales reps. It stinks when someone leaves for nonperformance, but that is the nature of sales.

Advice to Management

Continuing sales training is a MUST. More product training can help build confidence in the sale process.

"sales associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA

I worked at Z57 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

had good hours, fun and lively environment

Cons

pay was not good and was very sales driven with quotas

Advice to Management

pay everyone more

"NOT A JOB ITS A CAREER"

Current Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant
    Current Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant

Pros

WOW. funny to see so many people who couldnt make the cut come and complain.
    This is not a job its a career.
    I have never made so much money in my life.
    I make more money than my friends with Degrees.
    Marketing Professionals with degrees are not obsolete due to changes to business as a result of digital marketing.
    That opens up HUGE opportunity for career paths because you are NOT just a sales rep.
    YOU ARE A DIGITAL MARKETING PROFESSIONAL.
    Even Marketing Pros with degrees admit that the only way to keep up is by being in the field and learning on the job.
    Our sales reps can run your business way better than a Marketing Pro who has a degree.
    Websites were just update and are BEAUTIFUL.
    The whole back office of what we sell, is something that truly sells itself.
    It is a one stop shop for everything and anything a Realtor can possibly dream of only having to sign into one back office to control EVERYTHING rather than 10 different products.
    The websites are automated and optimized to keep acquiring google rankings and make it on a relevant page rather than float on the back end.
    Agents who never log on still accumulate rankings month after month, its truly shocking.
    Unlimited website support.
    Agents may have any type of pages created on website listings automatically import from their MLS system to always display the most current ones and it automatically feeds the listings to Facebook and Email blasts.
    TONS OF BUSINESS earned to our Agents in this manner.
    Truly feels great helping them become so successful.
    No other product that has all the features that we do exists today.

Cons

Down sides...the cry babies on these reviews. If these people think this is a crap product that brings no benefit to our agents business...I am truly entertained and laughing.
    Those are probably the very uneducated people who cannot keep an educated conversation with Real Estate Agents or Brokers, therefor, they could not sell, got fired and did not make the cut.
    Or simply quit.
    IF IT WAS EASY EVERYONE WOULD DO IT.
    speak for yourselves as far as the paying goes. we are all on the same comp plan and there are many individuals making close to 6 figures.
    I have only been there for 1 year and I am already making more than my friends with degrees.
    I have never made this much money in my life even compared to when I worked 2 jobs 70 hours per week.

Advice to Management

KEEP UP WHAT YOUR DOING. SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST. THESE LOSERS THAT DID NOT MAKE IT SHOW A PATTERN SHARED BETWEEN UNSUCCESSFUL PEOPLE.
    THEY NEVER TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR FAILURES AND BLAME SOMEONE ELSE.

"Fun environment"

I worked at Z57 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a fun work environment and great people working for them. The activities are fun and they have quarterly meetings with a food truck

Cons

The comp plan is insultingly low. It is hard to make any real money here. Plus the company has bad reviews online making it hard to sell the product

Advice to Management

Have a better comp plan. Also do something to mitigate the bad reviews online. They are hindering sales

"Sales Consultant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

"Fun' environment I guess you could say, loud music to wake you up for 630 am cold calling

Cons

Training is extensive- to the point where you need to achieve many presentation appointments where you trick realtors into looking at your product without having a knowledge base on it. You don't have the option to make commission until after about 3 months