ZAG Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1.8
Tara Burke

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They make it an interesting place to work with beach days, massages, a snack bar etc (in 4 reviews)

• As everybody already knows, DOGS in the office (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • How this Steve Curtis guy got E&Y award is a shame to E&Y selection committee (in 10 reviews)

• Stay away, I was lucky to get out early - immediately after I left, I saw them looking for another EA (actually I think they're still looking) (in 6 reviews)

"Great Product, Horrible Execution"

Pros

-Great Product
    -Great Marketing Team
    -Open to new and creative ideas

Cons

-Didn't know how to do business
    -Screwed too many people over

"Cheating"

Pros

Vancouver and coworkers , dogs in the office , massages

Cons

CEO, CEO , CEO .

Unprofessional and not mature

"Zag"

Pros

Salary, Fun, Steve, Vancouver, people, concept, potential, buzz

Cons

Uncertainty, lack of transparency, no strategy

"Curtis v Trump"

Former Employee - Sales in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Sales in Washington, DC

I worked at ZAG Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm a US citizen and I got a work permit to work and live in Canada, so I'm ready if Trump gets elected!! British Columbia is quite beautiful and Justin Trudeau is my kind of leader.

Cons

I'd rather be waterboarded at Guantanamo Bay than work at Zag. Trump's plans for Muslim and Mexican immigrants are pure humanitarianism compared with how Steve Curtis treats people.

Advice to Management

You may be Canadian, but you brought your lack of ethics and illegal activities to the US - the FDA (product & claims), DEA (product), FTC (claims) and IRS (offshore money/tax evasion) are all watching you! And probably CBP too, so maybe best you not cross the border.

"DISHONEST."

Pros

Dogs allowed!! Two managers were the decent ones.

Cons

CEO - doesn't care about meeting the new employees. He wants YOU to introduce yourself to him because he's THE KING of the playground there. HR super unprofessional. Job application stated specific salary amount (NOT a range). Yet, upon accepting and signing the employment contract, salary amount was LESS than stated. I questioned, HR stuttered, and tried to speak as-mater-of-fact to me while going down my resume. Throughout my interview and post-acceptance of employment, I found SEVERAL discrepancies in what my job responsibilities, PAY, and employment terms were! Further, ZAG BOASTS about how they ave ZERO debt. From a reliable source, they are just scraping by, racking up huge debts on multiple credit cards. DON'T expect a raise.
    The powdered drugs or "herbs" that the workers pack for shipping are done in a SMALL cramped filing room with very poor ventilation (if any!). And they work in a dark-lit area behind closed doors, wearing only the poor-quality mouth/nose mask. I wish I read the reviews here before I applied and accepted employment. I left immediately! STAY AWAY.

Advice to Management

grow up, man.

"Hard to take seriously"

I have been working at ZAG Group full-time

Pros

Hard to think of anything positive to say about the dysfunction that dominates the operation, despite the shilling and image tidy up that is happening over the last few weeks.

Cons

This is not a bootstrapped startup, but it behaves like one. It is 14 years old. A quick google shows the non-stop hiring, the claiming of 300, 400, 500% growth for years, yet it still has offices on the downtown east side, can't make up its mind what its product is or why it is in any way unique, and cannot keep staff for more than a few months.

The petulant CEO throws his toys out the cot for no discernible reason.

Advice to Management

Massages and pets in the office don't equal a great company. Great product, great people and hard work make a great company.

ZAG Group Response

Apr 29, 2015 – Executive Office

We'll be the first to admit that working in a hyper-growth company isn't for everyone, it takes a special blend of confidence, tolerance for change, and strong personal leadership. We're sorry that... More

"No not apply"

Pros

As noted in the other review, the only pro is allowing dogs to come to work.

Cons

Please do not apply here, it's a terrible work environment. The company is run by egomaniac who is temperamental and delusional. They are constantly firing and hiring. The company lacks values and has very poor management.

Do not apply here, it's a waste of your time.

Advice to Management

The way you treat people is degrading and abusive.

"Zend Conscious Lounge, Resilient Management, ZAG, BEWARE"

I worked at ZAG Group full-time

Pros

When you leave, you're grateful to work almost anywhere. Anywhere people treat you like a human, speak respectfully and aren't sociopaths

Cons

Everything.
    The CEO will gaslight you, have you spend tons of money out of your own pocket (did you hear about the team members he had pay for their own relocations and then fired them once they moved? He obviously never paid them for their $$$$)

I'm amazed that someone like him can continue to bilk investors and find ways to get money.

Advice to Management

Stop working with this maniac

"CEO has lost touch with reality"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at ZAG Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

none. none. none. none. none - does this meet the 5 word minimum?

Cons

I worked here as an Executive Assistant to the CEO - Steve Curtis. That's right, I worked closely alongside him as his lap dog, working in his apartment, managing his schedule, handling his housekeeper, setting up travel/vacation plans, etc. I sat silently beside him during private meetings and phone calls, and watched closely as he interacted with his employees and myself. There were so many CONS - I don't know where to start.

1. Steve claims to have cured himself of a terminal cancer. The first person in the world to cure cancer naturally through plants and traditional herbs. He literally has the biggest goldmine of the 21st century and the modern world in the palm of his hands. BUT he doesn't sell the herbs, or the formula or license any of this..... strange, right? when something smells fishy, looks fishy, sounds fishy.. its probably fishy.

2. Other employees have claimed the company doesn't pay contractors - actually, what they do is they offer you basic hourly wage to work with Steve in a "paid working interview" where the work mostly consists of listening to Steve's tangents and getting barked at by Tara. At the end of this "working interview" they offer you a contract. But you don't want to take the job, so you don't sign the contract. But then they won't pay you for working until you sign the contract.... uhmm what?

3. No training, no support, no good working environment. As his Executive Assistant, you work in his tiny 500 sq ft apartment with three other people. You are expected to use your own laptop and make international calls with your own cell phone and purchase lunch for Steve and his minions with your own money - and you are compensated for $0. (back to the "no training or help" - try to ask Tara a question, and Steve cuts in with "figure it out on your own, Tara doesn't get to help you"... first hour into the job, great impression. You're given work without any background, any information, any contacts and told to "figure it out".

4. While 90% of the day is listening to Steve talk, the other 10% is doing nonsensical stuff ie. contact this wizard online to ask about this magic wand, design a family crest ring, order headphones, buy me a tv stand.... again, all without any compensation for the phone calls or products.

5. I have watched Steve cut off people speaking in a meeting and kicked us ALL out of his apartment - because he wasn't pleased with the presentation. a little over dramatic, rude, and immature, don't you think?

6. Days are not structured, no agenda or organization. You jump from one thing to another to another within minutes.

Don't be fooled by his story of making millions. Please do your research - Steve is constantly inflating how much money his company is bringing in cause he actually has no idea. Take into account the lies, the lawsuits, the dirty article written (which he PAID to have removed - Steve Curtis is one Shady Businessman), the drug (liquid kratom) he's trying to distribute - and all together this is a SHADY company. Stay away, I was lucky to get out early - immediately after I left, I saw them looking for another EA (actually I think they're still looking). I guess no one sticks around for long.

Advice to Management

Steve speaks down to EVERYONE. I've heard him say things like "I have a $30 million net worth and this is how you treat me?" ... heres a life lesson for you, Steve. It doesn't matter how much money you have. Even if you were the richest man on earth, no one will never respect you for the way you treat and speak to the people around you. Seriously.

"Steve Curtis is a Fraud"

Current Employee - Zend Lounge Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Zend Lounge Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at ZAG Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free juice in the lunchroom.

Cons

Steve Curtis is a fraud. The book he wrote he never even paid the writer and 90% on the content is a lie. Steven never had cancer and he never accomplished any major life achievements. We all know now that the FDA shut Steve Curtis down for selling his fake Zend products which is a combination of juice and sugar and NOT an award winning pharmaceutical products to help people with cancer, mental awareness and so on. It's interesting to learn how easy it is to design retail packaging, a label and insert a FAKE product inside it and call yourself a genius. He's a crook, a thief and now his reputation will follow him for the rest of life.

Advice to Management

Move out of Vancouver and stop giving Canada a bad reputation. Stop frauding your employees and the honest hard working citizens of Canada whom purchased your products.