ZAGG Reviews

Updated Mar 3, 2021

3.8
ZAGG CEO   Chris Ahern
Chris Ahern
Pros
  • "I feel very lucky that I have been able to work here, alongside some pretty great people(in 13 reviews)

• "Overall, a very happy work environment(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "No room for advancement, the call center is completely disconnected from the rest of the company, upper management is not very transparent(in 9 reviews)

• "Workload can be challenging for some but work/life balance is maintained(in 5 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "ZAGG"

I have been working at ZAGG full-time

Pros

Great team members. Nice working environment. Executives are open and have a clear direction of the business. Most importantly, they care about people.

Cons

Nothing that I can notice that it is not good.

2. "Borderline Traumatic"

2.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at ZAGG full-time for more than a year

Pros

The folks you work with, as well as the pay.

Cons

Your job isn't horrible, but the company that you work for has done everything that they can to make working conditions deplorable, by way of instituting unrealistic goals, by making products that are subpar, and by doing everything they can do to ultimately stop you from helping your customer. We say big things like "Customer first" but then we introduce new products, with the promise of a "limited lifetime warranty", they are limited to the amount of items the company sees fit to have in stock, or for items that they choose to continue forward with. Consider the Z3s, the Z4s, and every other model of phone that is essentially brand new but we don't stock the items. Beyond the products that are made obsolete, quantities of items are far below any respectable standard, which leads to customers repeatedly calling back, begging for replacements after waiting months for an item to come into stock. It's not an issue of us not wanting to help folks, but it's an issue of us not being able to help folks because the folks that we look to for guidance, and support, provide none. The company preaches big that they support folks, but in their times of need -- the times that truly necessitate some sort of palpable change -- they provide nothing. Consider the time that I'd broke down and spoke with my manager, because the pressure of the job was too immense to handle, and I was told that I could work e-mails for 2 hours a day, when we had an entire team of folks who were working e-mails for their entire shifts yet it was a herculean task for me to be able to get that "allowance". I was a star employee, with great stats, but my worth was negligible. Lastly, it's hard to be paid lip service to -- to have folks talk to you as if they really understand, but yet they have no actual ability to make things better, or they simply don't care. When we would go to meetings, and tell folks that certain things needed to change, like how folks would go on the website, and pick film products when they wanted Glass items due to our website saying film was comparable, we reached out to another level of management to have them tell us they'd never heard there was an issue there. Also, consider the 100's of folks who had their warranties cancelled because folks upwards in the chain didn't know that warranty registrations registered a day earlier than the actual date they were registered. This was something simple, but folks in charge of the process had no clue as to how our system worked, and we were deluged with calls and e-mails telling us how much we sucked because we cancelled folks orders and for some, they never received cancellation notices but only figured out there order was cancelled because they hadn't received their item until 2 months later.| Lastly, I would like to speak to upward mobility, and apparently when I say upward mobility, I mean the lack there of options. The options that are had within this company are slim. You could possibly work hard taking phone calls to be given the opportunity to assist 3 people simultaneously via live chat (pretty big negative for another who cares about the quality of service they offer). You could also work incredibly hard to try out as a senior customer advocate, but do know, while these folks provide great service internally, they are also the folks who take the horrid phone calls that ultimately are escalated to them. Please, do yourself a solid and consider this review a review of the company as it currently is, as someone who has seen the massive changes that have taken place over the last two years. I started this job loving it, but ultimately chose to walk away to save myself and those around me who had to constantly hear about what a disaster ZAGG had turned into. A once, loyal fan, turned into a massive detractor. PS: If you are a person of color or a minority, please don't consider this a career choice. Of the 18 or so members of "supervisor" level or above in the office, only one person is non-white, and none of the staff openly identify as LGBTQ+. Representation matters.

3. "Sputtering out"

Former Employee - Director

I worked at ZAGG full-time

Pros

Generous benefits package. Reasonable hours.

Cons

Too many acquisitions. Not enough experience with integration.

4. "Excellent support staff & team to be a part of"

Current Employee - Scheduling Associate in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at ZAGG full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Competitive wages, generous PTO plan, top-tier benefits (medical, vision, dental, 401k match, and more).

Cons

Work can be repetitive and arduous during busy seasons

5. "Great people."

Current Employee - Social Media Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at ZAGG full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are some great talented people in the company.

Cons

Management and company could be more transparent as well as organized. Would be a great company if we had strong management and direction.

6. "Change in Environment Leading to Dissatisfaction"

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at ZAGG full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Consistent hours, many benefits don't cost extra, 401K match, generally only 2 Saturdays a month

Cons

Moving away from customer focused care, solutions seem to require management intervention more than they used to, consistently seem to fire black mothers

Continue reading
  7. "Simple and easy, no room for growth"

4.0
    Former Employee - Sales Associate and Manager in New York, NY

I worked at ZAGG full-time

Pros

Easy tasks Genuinely good products No cap on commissions

Cons

No room for growth and can be stagnant

8. "Highest paid call center"

Current Employee - Customer Advocate in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at ZAGG part-time

Pros

One of the least stressful call centers in Kalamazoo

Cons

High call volumes, management is not transparent

9. "Great environment"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Advocate in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at ZAGG full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Opportunity for growth is very seldom

10. "Decent Company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Accounting

I have been working at ZAGG full-time

Pros

Good People - they try to build relations and offer good benefits

Cons

Most employees are overworked, late nights, weekends, etc.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 150 English Reviews