ZAGG Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Randall Hales

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • He has built and continues to develop an executive team with diverse educational and professional experience (in 9 reviews)

• The rapid growth has some great people coming on board (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Workload can be challenging for some but work/life balance is maintained (in 5 reviews)

• Some confusion from upper management, but always got resolved (in 6 reviews)

"Retail Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Temecula, CA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Temecula, CA

I worked at ZAGG part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Managers, supervisors and fellow sales associates working at the associate level make this job worth it. Make you feel like family. Anything that’s important to you personally, your supervisors will try their best to accommodate that day off for you. Commission plus hourly adds up just as long your sales are consistent.

Cons

It is retail. So you do get your share of the typical entitled/angry customer.

Advice to Management

The managers/supervisors that actually work with you in person are great. Corporate not so much.

2. "Manager"

I have been working at ZAGG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary was competitive with market and position.

Cons

Lack of innovation and consistency. Executive team does not reflect core values, consistently.

Advice to Management

Seek constant feedback to know where you stand with executive team

3. "Exclusive Hyper-Mormon Culture"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at ZAGG full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

No job here is demanding and you should feel confident performing any role in the company with even just a GED.

The workplace is predictably Caucasian.

If the headquarters doesn't scream, "We love looking at ourselves in the mirror!" than I don't know what does. It is a perfect example of pretentiousness.

But, the best thing about this company is that it reads like a much-loved Herman Melville novel, complete with whale-chasing and all. Let us not ruin the ending for our brave CEO and the company's bandit founders.

Cons

Exclusively hyper-Mormon culture. I have witnessed company prayers at meetings/luncheons several times, even in front of overseas investors who appeared just as bewildered as I was.

Having been in the company since its formative years, it's been interesting to see it sustain itself under such Machiavellian and narcissistic leadership. The management of the call center and the handling of the early doomed shipping department (what a horrible move on the company's part) are perfect examples of how not to lead, develop, and grow a team.

Upper management have no skills and it's a wonder why they are kept around. They only feather their own nests.

Advice to Management

Do not have children.

4. "Disfunctional"

Current Employee - Operations in Midvale, UT
    Current Employee - Operations in Midvale, UT

I have been working at ZAGG full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome people... for the most part.

Cons

90% of the executives are your typical power hungry, ego driven, narcissists. CEO has surrounded himself with yes men who are unwilling to try new things. Lack of differing opinions on what the CEO recommends/wants.

Advice to Management

Take care of the people that make ZAGG great by following your own corporate objectives and values.

5. "Left to own devices"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at ZAGG part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good commission towards the end before they closed

Cons

Not much upper management contact

Advice to Management

Actually be there for your employees

6. "Sales support"

I have been working at ZAGG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, pay is adequate and newer work location

Cons

After a company event I approached the CEO who had no clue who I was. I've been working here for over 3 years so I was disappointed. My manager is rarely available because they are always in meetings that don't seem to add value. There is an underlying atmosphere of working long hours, sacrificing family and personal time without concern for work:life balance. I've been told that since the CEO works long hours, the expectation for employees is to work long hours. Expect to work a lot for average pay.

Advice to Management

Understand that employees are part of the fine tuned machine and those on the front lines are taking care of business. Stay in touch with those in the trenches and don't demean the middle management to keep all employees engaged and productive. To the CEO, we don't care about your daily encounters with wildlife or how well your kids are doing. We want to hear about success stories with employees.

"Thank you, Zagg!"

I have been working at ZAGG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Zagg is an amazing place to work with an outstanding and diversified group of leaders from all over the world. It is exciting to be a part of a growing and evolving global company with leaders who sincerely care about the company’s shareholders, employees and community around us. Our Board of Directors are engaged with employees throughout the organization, not just with management level employees. The Board of Directors, including the chairwoman, has traveled to our facilities throughout the world and met with employees in every department. They understand our business, and the company benefits from their collective expertise.
    Our CEO is deeply engaged in and passionate about this business. He works non-stop and is an extraordinary example of hard work and responsiveness (he responds to every email within 24 hours). He maintains a positive attitude even during really challenging situations. He holds regular company meetings, and encourages departmental, and manager/employee meetings to keep employees informed and engaged, and to build camaraderie within the organization. He has built and continues to develop an executive team with diverse educational and professional experience. Each of these leaders seem to care deeply about the company and fulfilling their role within the organization.
    Leaders in nearly every organization are often criticized by naysayers, but I want to take an opportunity to say “kudos” and “thank you” to the leaders of Zagg. Thank you for allowing me to add new skills and experience to my resume every day; thank you for allowing me to work in a state-of-the art physical work facility with a beautiful gym, kitchen and break room; thank you for hiring super awesome and super smart people for me to work with; thank you for allowing me to participate in giving back to the community through Zagg’s donation of time and resources to the Make-A-Wish Foundation; thank you for compensating the employees fairly; thank you for allowing me to become the master of my job; thank you for the amazing benefits, including health insurance, electric car chargers, snacks, a generous PTO policy; and the opportunity to earn some extra time off by achieving internal goals.

Cons

Every company, including ZAGG, has room to grow and room for improvement. I have no particular criticisms about this company, and if I did, I would feel 100% comfortable addressing them with management.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Continue to embrace opportunities for improvement, and continue to develop internal talent, and bring in outside talent with fresh perspectives.

"ZAGG"

Former Employee - Sales in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Sales in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at ZAGG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. Fun industry, fast moving, dynamic and always changing.

Cons

Executives with huge salaries vs. everyone else.

"Equal Opportunity and Great Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at ZAGG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When I was hired more than three years ago, I was pleased the offer from ZAGG was above the industry standard nationwide. As a woman in Utah, this is a key point not often seen locally. The added bonus opportunity added to my decision to move to ZAGG from another prominent employer in Utah; the idea if I worked hard, I would be further rewarded was very appealing. I've come to find I love the work hard, play hard environment at ZAGG.
    Further, since being at ZAGG, I've found the culture to be positive, energetic and upbeat. The employees strive to live the values set forth by the executives, which include "Care for People." There is no place better this value is represented than with ZAGG's contributions to Make-A-Wish. Employees have an opportunity to participate in "wish granting" given to a child in need monthly. This generosity is a direct result of the executive teams,' and specifically the CEO's, on going desire to improve the world and make ZAGG the best company. This value is taken to heart at every level, not just with charitable community endeavors. Annually, after the employee survey is completed the Executive team takes a day and reviews each comment, discussing way to improve areas noted as lacking, ensuring employees want to work at ZAGG.
    Working directly with the Executive team, the Board and the CEO, I witness daily how hard they work to not only to ensure the success of the business but the success of employees. A couple examples:
     -Employees are given a Friday off , known as the "A/B schedule" two times monthly (without having to take PTO), when the company meets or beats the revenue goals set the previous quarter.
    -The company pays 100% of employees health insurance premium, so the employee only has to pay for dependent insurance where applicable.
    -The new company headquarters include a rock wall, bikes, a track, free healthy food ( including fruit) and a fitness center.

Cons

The acquisition of mophie has been a difficult transition as culturally, ZAGG and mophie were completely different. While mophie was known to the outside world as "hip and cool" the company culture did not reflect the same open, positive environment, in fact it was opposite. Once key managers who perpetuated this closed, negative perspective were removed, however, mophie's culture started aligning with the ZAGG ideals exemplifying the ZAGG value of "continuous improvement."

Advice to Management

Communication has always been and always will be key. Management has improved the methods of addressing issues doing so in a more timely, direct manner. My hope is these efforts continue, ensuring the continued successful melding of mophie and ZAGG.

10. "Rapidly growing Company with market leadership offers opportunities for career growth and development"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at ZAGG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I'm extremely grateful for the opportunity to have worked with the CEO and the executive team at ZAGG . ZAGG is a goal oriented Company striving to improve on every level. Led by the CEO and the executive team, the Company has consistently grown market share in very competitive product categories and is #1 in its two largest categories. The team runs a very efficient, lean operation. I felt empowered and respected as a female employee by management and peers. My opportunity to work with C-suite and executive team allowed me to experience significant professional and personal development. During my tenure, the CEO opened the door for women at the company more than ever in the company's history. Also, the CEO and executive team implemented a significant one-time catch-up adjustment to bring compensation parity in like jobs, regardless of gender. Outstanding benefits, generous 401K matching, beautiful SLC office and very employee-friendly facilities.

Cons

Tightly managed budgets means hires cannot always happen when departments would like them to. Work levels can be very demanding. Deadline driven product launches and the need to remain cutting edge makes for high pressure environment at times. The Company's high growth means not all issues can be addressed as quickly as teams would like them to be.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on improving intra-company communications.