ZE PowerGroup Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dr. El-Ramly

Pros
Cons
  • High turnover creates uncertainty (in 5 reviews)

• Management seemed to be disorganized and had high turnover rate (in 4 reviews)

"Can be a good experience depending on the position"

Former Employee - Java Developer in Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Java Developer in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I worked at ZE PowerGroup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- convenient location if you live in Richmond
    - free parking
    - light workload
    - depending on the position, it could be a good place to start your career
    - lots of opportunities to learn and enhance skills. The company pays for conferences, workshops, and classes
    - multicultural company
    - employees are allowed to work on holidays and take time off on another day
    - you get to work with great people. A lot of people with good academic and work backgrounds apply to the company despite the bad reviews
    - contrary to what another reviewer said, the experience at ZE actually helps in finding better jobs. Hence, the high turnover rate
    - new employees get a copy of "Zakisms: Life, Simply Stated"

Cons

- very low pay
    - a lot of employees feel that the owners look down on them
    - generally low employee morale

Advice to Management

Respect your employees

"Management"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I have been working at ZE PowerGroup full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A place to grow and get educated in several fields including business management, software development, support and sales.
    Benefits package unmatched for the corporate size.
    Intensive training program.
    Friendly fun place.

Cons

No high pressure applied. You have to be self motivated to grow.
    May need to travel to visit clients.
    Surrounded by smart people, could be exposed easily.

Advice to Management

Realize that some employees need more direction than usual or average employees.
    Make the tough decisions sooner.
    Continue with the training program.

"ZE is a nice place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I have been working at ZE PowerGroup full-time

Pros

To the previous "Business Analyst" post, thank you for prompting me to write a review of ZE. I've been with ZE for many years and they are a good employer and I am tired of reading untrue review such as the one you posted. It's one thing to write a bad review of a company because you didn't like the job for a tangible reason or other, it's another to be toxic and lie the way you do. I'm not sure how you couldn't afford to eat since anyone in Canada makes at least minimum wage (and I'm sure you made much more than that) and not being able to go to the dentist is also a lie since ZE provides medical and dental services. Writing reviews like you did does nothing but hurt employees like me as much as it does hurt the employer. I

Anyway....some pros I've found working for ZE.

1. Decent benefit package. You get good medical and dental.
    2. Decent wages. They aren't in the silicon valley but they pay fair. You get a decent annual bonus and there is a pension plan if you want to contribute. Vacation is average to start but grows over time.
    3. Good atmosphere. There are a lot of social activities per year both during work and outside of work hours. I personally love the ping pong tournaments.
    4. Good variety of tasks if you want it. ZE looks inside before it looks outside which is nice. I've moved departments once since I've arrived.
    5. Nice people. People are nice at a ZE, decent people. Nobody is trying to "throw you under a bus" and will help you if you need it. Not everyone is as social as others.
    6. Good equipment. ZE seems to spend on its employees. I've got four monitors and pretty fast computer. Others in my group have ergonomic mice, chairs and even stand up desks for those with back issues.

It's nice that ZE hires different kinds of people including students. Nothing else specifically.

Cons

There are some cons to ZE but nothing unique to ZE.

1. Different managers have different approaches to the job. My previous manager met with and interacted with me less than my current one. My previous manager with technically stronger.
    2. Sometimes meetings go longer than they should.
    3. Parking is limited. I admit that It is a short walk to the park next door but I wish there was more parking outside the building.
    4. Less people on email chains. My inbox gets a bit cluttered.

Advice to Management

You are doing a good job so it's sad to see people writing such negative reviews of ZE. I do recommend that some managers get out from behind their desks more and act as mentors as much as they do act as workers. You might get more from eager employees.

"Experience useless for future"

Former Employee - Analyst in Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Analyst in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I worked at ZE PowerGroup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy to get past "Do you have Canadian Experience?", They will hire easily as long as you ready to work for dirt cheap.

Cons

- Not a place where your caliber is appreciated.
    - Salary is extremely low compared to what they charge the customers.
    - Those who built the product were made to leave (See 5-6 yrs old Christmas pic and see how many still there?)
    - Experience is useless outside for many.
    - 1.5% average raise, even after starting at low wage.
    - Managers needs training how to treat employees (seems inferiority complex coated with superiority complex)
    - Some of the great colleagues were fired, some jerks still there?

Advice to Management

Direction is towards ground, sell it before.

"Horrible People & Horrible Company !!!"

Current Employee - Network Analyst in Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Network Analyst in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I have been working at ZE PowerGroup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is easy to get a job at ZE even though you don't know anything. It is nice to waste time here if you are not expecting to learn anything since most of the people here have no real industry experience and don't have the skills set and knowledge. You will get paid on time although the salary is super low. You will get benefit and extended health although the benefit package is very bad and you are required to pay a portion.

Cons

The management team knows nothing about management, very unprofessional, unethical, lack of knowledge, no real industry experience, etc. I was involved in many of the meetings with the executive, I feel a bunch of high school kids are working on a project. One thing that surprised me the most is my manager asked me to write a fake positive review on this website since they have been receiving a lot of bad reviews from the former employees in the last couple of years. I noticed that 99% of the negative reviews are quite accurate since I totally feel the same way.

Advice to Management

Nothing much to advise..Replace the whole executive team including manager and above or send them back to school for more education.

"Review"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Pros

People are nice outside of work, easy to get a job, besides those, nothing else.

Cons

- A sales company disguised as a tech firm. Focused on selling more than improving the product itself, which is terrible to start with.
    - Poor management, rude and arrogant, only accepts "Yes" and undermine technical skills. Ridiculous high turnover rate due to the toxic culture.
    - Pay is not compatible, much lower than industry average. People are working two jobs in order to support themselves.
    - No space to grow and learn, does not follow standard industry practice, thus knowledge you learn is useless elsewhere

Advice to Management

Focus on the product and employees than only caring about the sales numbers

"Ridiculous five-start reviews!"

Former Employee - Applications Support Analyst in Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Applications Support Analyst in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I worked at ZE PowerGroup full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's funny how they're trying to have a better rating by posting obviously-fake-reviews and yet again thinking of people as dumb commoners!!
    This proves a couple of important point people have made in their comments:
    - How manipulative they are!
    - How they think of humankind (barring their own family of course!)
    - And how desperate they are to keep their trashed reputation!

Cons

This company is all cons!!
    After many years of having a REAL job, I still can't stop thinking of that hell-hole! I really wasted my life for two years!

Advice to Management

Instead of posting fake reviews, spend the time on fixing your attitudes towards people!

"Business Analyst"

I have been working at ZE PowerGroup full-time

Pros

The company provides excellent opportunities for training inside and outside work hours. My daily duties are diverse and keep me very interested in the multiple on-going projects I am involved with. Really enjoy the team I am working with, and given the size of the company, the ability to interact with C-level staff on a daily basis makes me feel valued within the company.

Cons

Due to the department I work for, projects sometimes have short deadlines, however, I enjoy this challenge.

"Valuable experience"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I have been working at ZE PowerGroup full-time

Pros

Coworkers are really nice and there are lots of training/development opportunities. Company sponsors certifications and courses. I participated in a few myself.

Cons

Difficult to implement an idea due to lack of transparency. Little to no office parking available for the large number of workers.

Advice to Management

Reward performing employees, define each role clearly, and provide more parking stalls.

"Nothing much good to say!"

I worked at ZE PowerGroup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good for new migrants in getting IT experience. Once you get enough experience - dont stay that long. As there are more other IT companies that are waiting for you.

Cons

It is a family owned company so expect favouritism, especially to the directors/managers that they appointed who dont know nothing in running the business. You should know how to give importance to your employees and to the employees who really doing the job. High turn-over rate of people. Ppl are leaving due to a very poor management of directors/managers and of course the family approval on the huge changes. Easy for them to terminate ppl w/o proper evaluation - no job security and ppl are starting to leave because of the poor decisioning of the management.

Advice to Management

Change your appointed directors and managers.