ZEE Medical City of Industry Reviews

Updated Jun 22, 2012

3.4
ZEE Medical President Larry Burke (no image)
Larry Burke
1 Rating

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Opportunity is there if you are the right kind of person

Feb 14, 2010 - Safety Sales in City of Industry, CA
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you are willing to work, learn and be professional then there is the opportunity to make a good living; however, it depends on how you approach the job. It isn't just about selling companies supplies for their first aid kits - there's not much money in that. Those who take the time to learn about OSHA standards will be better at making recommendations to companies about things that they really need; as an example, if you study respiratory protection then you will be better at meeting people's needs for respiratory program management, fit testing, training and equipment. You also have to look and act businessslike, which not everyone can pull off. The company offers information and training, but not everyone applies themself to it. The best ones ask for assistance, mentoring and career development. The internal training is very good in most respects but doesn't cover everything so you have to ask questions. At my location the safety trainers are awesome and I call them a lot to help me close sales. Those who are willing to work and learn can make $100K a year without a college degree - there are really people here making that. I earned over $70K last year. The benefits are great - we are part of McKesson Corporation, which is a health care company - and the vacation/PTO rate is good enough so that you don't need to worry if you want to take a family vacation.

Cons

Some people have a negative view of Zee Medical because you can buy similar supplies on-line for less. It's hard to explain to them that part of what they are paying for is the ability to call me and get the things that they want the same day (or within 24 hours). We can't always price-match and so some people get upset. There are also other competitors that bad-mouth us. Many of the company vans are old. With the economy down they are consolidating things and there are fewer office staff to handle phone calls; now the phone work has gone to a central location (Indianapolis) and they are still working out some glitches with that. The voicemail system sucks, but all voicemail systems suck.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Double Standards and Favortism!

Jun 22, 2012 - Account Manager in City of Industry, CA
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

First 3 months your on gaurantee ($1500 bi-weekly) afterwhich if you receive a lucrative route you'll do fine. But don't except it just becoz! Ask to see the actual figures...don't fall for the okie-doke!

Cons

Route average are misleading. They don't take into account the lost customers etc... They tell you that you'll have a protected territory however that's a crock! You'll often see other sales reps within your territory as close as next door as well cold calling. Management play dirty games based on favortism and will stab you in the back in order to save their butts. They want you to work 10 hours a day without paying OT and constantly text and call you daily. Right hand never know's what the left is doing bottom line. The average route runs about 8-12K so don't expect to make much on 100% commission cos most of their customers leave do to overpricing and poor service from their reps taking advantage tryna make ends meet.

1 person found this review helpful