KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

ZELTIQ Aesthetics Reviews

Updated Oct 4, 2021

Found 69 of over 73 reviews

4.0
ZELTIQ Aesthetics President and Chief Executive Officer Mark J. Foley (no image)
Mark J. Foley
  1. 5.0

Great company

Sep 20, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

It was great to be part of this team and was a nice company prior to the acquisition by Allergan.

Cons

Employees are not as happy since the acquisition.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Cup of coffee company

Jan 20, 2021 - ASM Manager in Detroit, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Had hot product in fat market

Cons

One trick pony. Technology wise they Keep reinventing the wheel

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Worked for 3 years plus

Aug 24, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great discounts on staff treatments

Cons

No health benefits are offered

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Was a GREAT place to work BEFORE Allergan acquisition

Apr 13, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture. Pride. Less corporate red tape and corporate politics.

Cons

Small start up mentality, but eager to grow.

5. 3.0

I worked at ZELTIQ Aesthetics full-time

Feb 28, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company and great people

Cons

Commute can sometime be bad

6. 4.0

Cool Company

Nov 3, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Place to work. Great Team.

Cons

Changing economy and buyouts make for high turnover

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great startup turned corporate, with a strong family feel

Oct 22, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

People and flexibility and product

Cons

Red tape can sometimes prevent ideas from coming to life.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Look forward to every day

May 15, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone who works here is a solid person, plus there are CoolSculpting benefits!

Cons

Lower salary compared to other parts of the Bay Area

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best Company I've Ever Worked For!

Mar 15, 2017 - Practice Development Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing training program - You can really tell from the amazing 2 month on boarding process that the company invests in their employees for the long haul. I'm fortunate to work with a team of the most talented people and helpful/dedicated Managers. Definitely work hard, play hard. The money is great and the companies reputation and growth makes it attainable. I do love how the company has hired the majority of their managers through the ranks - it definitely helps when we are put in tough spots with our accounts when our Manager has most likely been there, done that. The healthcare benefits are amazing, generous car allowance, expenses on the road with no limits (in reason), and working for the #1 device in the non-invasive fat elimination market has it's perks! I don't think I've ever woke up excited for work before I took this job!

Cons

I really cannot name any!

2 people found this review helpful

ZELTIQ Aesthetics Response

Sr. Human Resources Business Partner

Thanks so much for the very thorough review! We have fantastic product and a great company reputation, and if one is willing to give 101% they are sure to reap the benefits. As you’ve experienced, we definitely hire and train for the long haul. It is not unusual to start in one position/department, and move around and learn new things along the way. Company knowledge is key and team collaboration has facilitated the attaining, sharing and transfer of knowledge to contribute to our success.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Hugely Disfunctional

Mar 23, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great product that works. The competition doesn't touch it.

Cons

Honestly shocked to see so many positive reviews. That was not my experience and I don't know many people that were happy. Not to mention I've never worked for a company that has had so many people quit in their first 1-6 months. - Executives and senior managers are out for themselves and in turn create chaos for their teams who are trying to collaborate cross-functionally - Want to think they are a start-up (essentially because they don't have proper resources) - asks people to move quick, but then does not want to give them an autonomy or ownership - Constant changing priorities and priorities/goals that don't align cross-functionally - Pay is not competitive and they attribute it to them being in Pleasanton - Unreasonable hours - While the product is great, they have been taking a lot of risks and launching to soon to make numbers and look good to Wall Street, so I don't know how long that will last - They attribute any issue with an employee (or why someone left) to their PI - a personality test you take during the interview process. They blame it on the wrong personality instead of taking a look at themselves. - A bit of a cut-throat vibe. You have to agree and play the game their way.

9 people found this review helpful

ZELTIQ Aesthetics Response

Sr. Human Resources Business Partner

Thanks for your feedback, it’s unfortunate that you did not have a positive experience at ZELTIQ. It is not uncommon for a fast track company to have changing priorities. The constant re-calibration just may be the reason for our success. Flexibility is essential for our colleagues. We are a twelve-year-old company with more than 700 employees globally…no longer a start-up, but definitely a growing company. Our mid-size company experiences the same growing pains as others in our category to support its 40% growth year after year. While at times there are challenges, most of the time – as our recent $250 million milestone demonstrates – we collaborate successfully. Every company has a unique culture and people with the right fit will be happy regardless of their P.I. We pride ourselves in the culture we have all built – one that emphasizes innovation, quality, integrity and the ideal that one person’s success is everyone’s success. While we understand that it may not be for everyone, we have only best wishes in your future endeavors.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 69 Reviews

ZELTIQ Aesthetics Reviews FAQs

ZELTIQ Aesthetics has an overall rating of 4 out of 5, based on over 73 reviews left anonymously by employees. 81% of employees would recommend working at ZELTIQ Aesthetics to a friend and 87% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, ZELTIQ Aesthetics employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at ZELTIQ Aesthetics. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

81% of ZELTIQ Aesthetics employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated ZELTIQ Aesthetics 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at ZELTIQ Aesthetics to be management, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership .

Popular Careers with ZELTIQ Aesthetics Job Seekers