ZOOM+Care Billing Specialist Reviews | Glassdoor

1.3
ZOOM+Care CEO Torben Nielsen
Torben Nielsen
0 Rating

"A great fit for a hardworking person!"

Billing Specialist in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at ZOOM+Care

Pros

Working at ZOOM+ Headquarters has been nothing short of a rewarding experience. I've been there almost a year, and continue to look forward to going to work everyday. ZOOM+ is a great workplace for someone who likes to be challenged, work hard, and who isn't comfortable with mediocrity. There are clear expectations, with clear communication on performance. Individual goals are reachable, but create enough challenge to keep employees constantly pushing themselves towards growth. The expectations are high, but not unrealistic, and make it all the more rewarding when goals are reached. I see myself working for ZOOM+ longterm, continuing to build my career with a company I am proud to work for.

Cons

I genuinely have nothing negative to add. I have been sitting at my (personal) computer (at home) trying to think of something negative! The only thing I can think of is that holidays aren't paid? But thats a very minor thing, that does not keep me up at night.

ZOOM+Care2016-06-14

"Foul treatment of hard working employees"

Former Employee - Medical Billing Specialist in Portland, OR

I worked at ZOOM+Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

I met some amazing people here, I learned a lot from my COWORKERS. I imagine though without certain people working there at the same time as me I would not have learned anything other than how to be shady. **Great place to start think of it as a poorly paid internship** They will start you off at $14-15 an hour and promise a decent raise if you make it past a year. (Be careful not to get laid off) After that year raise boom your time at zoom is done, you've reached the end! Nothing more for you here!

Cons

They will not pay for parking. Be prepared to spend $180-250 on parking (deduct that from your already low starting pay.) No free max pass. You get $50 TAXED towards parking/max which comes to like $25-30. I am not sure where this calculation came from seeing as they pay A MILLION dollars a month for the rent here. A million dollars that takes away from better healthcare and pay. That takes away from parking passes and max passes. You have to PAY to work here much like a stripper has to pay for a stage. Zoomcare likes to scream how much they do for society yet does not provide services to the poor and elderly. (They do no accept Medicare/Medicaid) I see that they are trying to form a contract with Medicaid but Medicaid said in the past the CEO has SCOFFED at them. What is that about? You will pay a lot for parking and still be at risk for "meter feeding" and other parking tickets. You will put your car at risk of being broken into by drug abusers. You will pass drunks and drug abusers on your way into work with needles sticking out of their arms. NO paid holidays. NO sick time. Benefits- Insurance through Zoomcare means getting all of your appointments through Zoom employees. Oh and they'll treat you like a patient, which means SPED up 15 minute visits with providers who will not likely be an MD but a nurse or naturopath. Dental only covers up to $700. *WARNING- they will promise you change! But that change will be for media coverage only and it will not be anything to benefit you. BEWARE* They are media hungry with their *transparency* program. Funny, because I've never worked somewhere so sneaky and horrible. MASS LAYOFFS. They wont care what happens to you or where you go. Be prepared to always fear losing your job. OK to the billing team! The team WAS great, many loyal workers are taking off due to poor treatment. Half the billing team was laid off and the remaining were over loaded with work (which is still there ...just waiting for you if you take this job) They are hiring random people off the street and promoting those with no experience due to desperation. I have awkwardly sat in meetings where the billing manager will humiliate employees. It's like she does not take in to consideration people have different ways of communicating. If you take too long explaining something you will be cut off, if your input disagrees with hers you will be interrupted and silenced. Being friendly to employees is not a sign of weakness. I think she may be stuck in the "old way" of managing and it does not seem to be working, seeing as employees are fleeing. The company doesn't care about the billing team. EXAMPLE: We simply asked for standing desks (you know those super expensive things that are going unused on the other side of the building) and we were denied. The reason? They dont want to pay to have the computers moved. WHAT? You don't want to pay your own employees to do their jobs? So that we can be more comfortable and um LIVE longer? Gee, thanks! 99% of all your requests (even if it is a disability accommodation) will be denied. The billing team was dubbed "the most anti-social department" well, thanks guys. We are only dragging in millions of dollars a month, getting over worked, under paid, and mistreated but sorry we didn't smile at you passing through the hall way! If you get sick working for zoom, may you RIP. They do not care, they will bleed you DRY, I've witnessed 3 employees who have had major health issues be beaten and over worked until the point of passing out. No one can get healthy when they work for a beast who does not allow rest. Open office- You'll never miss a cubicle MORE. You can smell EVERYTHING. If you have sensory issues you will be driven insane. I've witnessed an employee break down in tears because the smells and noises (loud lady who puts her phone on speaker when there are phone booths, loud chewers, the tech team playing Foosball (HOW ABOUT YOU MOVE OUR DESKS HOW ABOUT THAT?) and other annoying clicks and whistles. Albert Diperio (co-owner) seemed so nice, so polite. Be prepared to gain 20lbs. Constant junk food being shoved down your throat (YAY until you cant button up your pants any longer) No standing desks, oh but there is a little hot room with no air circulation you can hyperventilate in. I was hoping to leave a much nicer review, I hope this helps anyone thinking of working here, again be ware of their promises for 2019 they are most likely going to be empty promises.

Continue reading
    ZOOM+Care2018-08-24

"Glad I am gone."

Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at ZOOM+Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

They were located in a decent building, in an area that had lots of lunch options. Other than that, I am just typing words to get to the minimum.

Cons

Owner thinks he is revolutionary, and completely delusional. Also tried to be a motivational speaker on every conference call. Serious kool-aid drinkers there.

ZOOM+Care2017-06-11

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 3 reviews