ZOOM+Care Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated 10 Nov 2019

3.5
ZOOM+Care CEO Torben Nielsen
Torben Nielsen
Pros
  • "Work with some great people, the schedule is good(in 12 reviews)

• "(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are some pretty apparent problems at Zoomcare that any ZA (Zoom associate) or ZP ((in 25 reviews)

• "You have to see every patient in 15 minutes and often will have 7-9 in a row without any breaks(in 14 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A great company, and getting better."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Portland, OR

I have been working at ZOOM+Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been with ZOOM+Care for 1.5 years. I've witnessed a lot of change here - most of it for the better. There are a lot of reviews that are here from the past; the negative ones are legitimate. But in the last year there have been huge shifts: new ownership, new CEO, and new attitudes. There are so many people who truly believe in the mission of creating better ways to get care, and to make it more accessible and... affordable at the same time - and those people now have more autonomy to make good decisions and act in our customers' best interests. I think we're moving in the right direction now. I'm withholding a 5-star review because even though things have gotten a lot better, there's still more to do. This is not a time to rest and congratulate ourselves; there is still more improving to do. Let's keep pushing forward and we'll all earn that fifth star.

Cons

I think the company needs to do more for their Clinic and Help Desk employees. I hear a lot of legitimate complaints from those teams.

Advice to Management

The CEO has ample energy and a growth plan. My advice to him, however, is to tone down the cheerleading a bit and focus on innovation. There are great ideas at ZOOM+Care; have the courage to embrace some of those new ideas and help us drive them forward. We're a company built on change and innovation, and we need to continue evolving to stay competitive. If innovation and technology aren't your strong points, then... delegate to those who can make it happen. Now is the time to think and act big.

ZOOM+Care2019-09-11
  2. "Great teams from in the clinics to headquarters"

Current Employee - Retail Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at ZOOM+Care full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

In a growth and innovation stage-- lots of change but fresh, new, and exciting to be part of a company that is expanding.

Cons

A fast Paced work environment is not for everyone. If you enjoy being challenged, good with being flexible to change, collaborating with many different perspectives and you're good with giving and receiving constructive feedback, you'll be successful here.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay connected to the people in the clinics; employees and patients. As we grow its important to bring them along and understand their perspective.

ZOOM+Care2019-11-06

"Thoughts from a ZA 1 year into it."

Current Employee - ZoomCare Associate in Portland, OR

I have been working at ZOOM+Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

The schedule here for anyone that works in a clinic is by far the biggest pro, working 3 and 1/2 days a week is something truly special and other companies will eventually fall in line with because it gives people the chance to recharge fully. Also there ability to hire really smart and awesome clinic employees is incredible I have so many good friends from working in and around the clinics all over Portland. I... feel lucky that I get to work in a place that sends people out actually happy and confident about going through a medical system which is unfortunately almost unheard of in America. People love how cut and dry the process is and the convenience of it all. For instance a patient can walk in, have rapid labs done on the spot and get answers, I can draw their blood and get it sent to a lab and get them medication all within a 15 minute visit while still providing excellent care.

Cons

There are some pretty apparent problems at Zoomcare that any ZA (Zoom associate) or ZP (Zoom provider) working in the clinics will all agree on. One of those gross issues is our lack of PTO, we get a laughable amount of PTO as a ZA which accounts to almost nothing if you have to take a sick day here or there. And if you are some how able to hang onto the PTO you earn (.04 hours/per hour worked.....) then you have to... have the presence of mind to request it off at least 9 months in advanced even though it will probably get denied because we have a single person at a company of 500 who decides who gets PTO approved or denied. This forces many employees to always call out sick if we want to do something on a day off that we didn't have months in advance to prepare for, ridiculous. We also don't get paid holidays which makes everyone pretty upset. Another one huge problem is the inefficient, or lack of, communication in and around this company. One often gets a feeling that the left hand doesn't talk to the right hand, and things often slip through the cracks and are only noticed when it's too late. For instance sometimes providers will call out for some reason yet none of the ZA's who open the clinic are notified so they are left sitting around with patients waiting for a provider to show up (this is rare but has happened a few times in the last months). This is just just an example, but it speaks to a larger issue that goes on and can make things pretty frustrating at times.

Advice to Management

There are certain managers that are kind of the worst. They don't follow through with things they say they will do, play favorites and make it so you have to walk on eggshells around them so you don't "get on their badside" and wind up getting fired for some petty issue you didn't even know you were doing. It feels as if some of the district managers have power for the first time in their lives with there jobs and... love to lord that over other people. However there are new people who have come into the company in the last few months that have done ALOT to change our perceptions of the district managers and some of senior management as well.

ZOOM+Care2019-11-10
  4. "Amazing Work Culture!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at ZOOM+Care full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Great people & culture -Flexible schedule -Free snacks & la croix -Great benefits (insurance, 401k, etc)

Cons

-Parking can be difficult and is not paid for so ends up being expensive

Advice to Management

Awesome job, keep up the great work!

ZOOM+Care2019-11-05
  5. "Huge improvements, could use some work still"

Current Employee - Clinical Associate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at ZOOM+Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Company growth- especially in Seattle -CEO is passionate and forward thinking which has embedded a new found co. trust and vastly improved culture over the past year -Coworkers here are fantastic- providers & associates

Cons

-Pay needs to improve for associates in Seattle; cost of living is higher in Seattle, yet we are paid the same amount as Portland associates -Good amount of management is not very bright/creative/able to think for themselves- come from a retail background

Advice to Management

-Listen to your employees and ask them questions -Focus on trying to improve workflows rather than pushing outdated narratives without understanding why you are doing that/how you can improve them -Stop saying we are the "best healthcare system in the world"- this is objectively false and ignores the important fact that we do not accept medicaid/medicare

6. "Fair Place to work"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at ZOOM+Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

Reasonable workload. Challenging environment

Cons

Snacks. Beverages. Commuter Benefits not good.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the team.

ZOOM+Care2019-11-06
  7. "A lot of work"

Former Employee - Clinic Associate

I worked at ZOOM+Care full-time

Pros

Weekly days off, medical experience, amazing employees and medical providers

Cons

Shift availability, low pay, overstressed staff, long hours, no room for growth or career development

Advice to Management

Stop building more clinics until they can increase hourly pay for clinic associates since they do a majority of the work of the clinic, or hire more associates...

ZOOM+Care2019-11-05

"Great company in a tough industry sticking to it's values and it's people and persevering."

Current Employee - Medical Director of Acute Care Srevice in Portland, OR

I have been working at ZOOM+Care full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is a great company. We are innovating in a nearly impossible industry. We have persevered through very difficult headwinds. ZOOM+Care sticks to it's values and continues to push ahead and the American healthcare system. This is a wonderful place to work that values talent and embraces vertical growth from within.

Cons

It's hard to innovate and it's hard to be in healthcare let alone change this regulated industry. We don't always get it right but we continue to try and to stick to our values and our Northstar - Sarah!

ZOOM+Care2019-09-24

"Good workplace hopefully continuing in right direction."

Current Employee - PA-C

I have been working at ZOOM+Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great co-workers - amazing/bright/committed providers. Fixed schedule makes life easier. Improved CME

Cons

No paid holidays, difficulty getting non-clinically time with team-member/supervisors/management when needed.

ZOOM+Care2019-09-18
  10. "Changes being made, not the ones we need"

Former Employee - Associate in Portland, OR

I worked at ZOOM+Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

As other reviews, 3.5 day work weeks for most clinic staff. As associates you get taught valuable entry-level medical skills (phlebotomy, on-site labs). Providers are generally nice. Pay is decent for entry-level. They got rid of old upper management that weighed the whole company down for years. Seems like there are some who want to make a change at HQ.

Cons

Changes in the company are generally geared towards making providers happy. Any feedback or problems associates have is generally considered "complaining" even when they offer solutions. Took away regular 6 month bonuses that barely kept up with rising cost of living in Portland/Seattle for a tbd bonus that no one has any details. Health insurance got worse this year. Few career opportunities since they hire... externally. If you work at specialist or other clinics that require more work, you dont get paid more. Come here if you want some clinic experience and get out while you can, this is no place for a career or moving up.

Advice to Management

Address above issues.

ZOOM+Care2019-10-01