ZOOM+Care ZoomCare Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

Torben Nielsen
1 Rating

"Great company"

Former Employee - ZoomCare Associate in Portland, OR

I worked at ZOOM+Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really thought this was a good way to get into the health care field w/o any prior medical experience. They have a great training program and I loved the schedule - 3 1/2 days on, 3 1/2 days off every week.

Cons

The pay wasn't great, but once you work there for a while, you do get patient bonuses which add up and I was a trainer which also added $ to my paycheck. Also, occasionally you have an on-call week where you may have to work much more than you are used to.

ZOOM+Care2015-01-14

"Thoughts from a ZA 1 year into it."

Current Employee - ZoomCare Associate in Portland, OR

I have been working at ZOOM+Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

The schedule here for anyone that works in a clinic is by far the biggest pro, working 3 and 1/2 days a week is something truly special and other companies will eventually fall in line with because it gives people the chance to recharge fully. Also there ability to hire really smart and awesome clinic employees is incredible I have so many good friends from working in and around the clinics all over Portland. I feel lucky that I get to work in a place that sends people out actually happy and confident about going through a medical system which is unfortunately almost unheard of in America. People love how cut and dry the process is and the convenience of it all. For instance a patient can walk in, have rapid labs done on the spot and get answers, I can draw their blood and get it sent to a lab and get them medication all within a 15 minute visit while still providing excellent care.

Cons

There are some pretty apparent problems at Zoomcare that any ZA (Zoom associate) or ZP (Zoom provider) working in the clinics will all agree on. One of those gross issues is our lack of PTO, we get a laughable amount of PTO as a ZA which accounts to almost nothing if you have to take a sick day here or there. And if you are some how able to hang onto the PTO you earn (.04 hours/per hour worked.....) then you have to have the presence of mind to request it off at least 9 months in advanced even though it will probably get denied because we have a single person at a company of 500 who decides who gets PTO approved or denied. This forces many employees to always call out sick if we want to do something on a day off that we didn't have months in advance to prepare for, ridiculous. We also don't get paid holidays which makes everyone pretty upset. Another one huge problem is the inefficient, or lack of, communication in and around this company. One often gets a feeling that the left hand doesn't talk to the right hand, and things often slip through the cracks and are only noticed when it's too late. For instance sometimes providers will call out for some reason yet none of the ZA's who open the clinic are notified so they are left sitting around with patients waiting for a provider to show up (this is rare but has happened a few times in the last months). This is just just an example, but it speaks to a larger issue that goes on and can make things pretty frustrating at times.

ZOOM+Care2019-11-10

ZOOM+Care Response

November 12, 2019Talent Scout

Great feedback! We are so glad you are a part of this innovative healthcare model and appreciate your support and excellent impact on our patients. We also appreciate your candid feedback in areas for improvement. These are areas we are paying attention to and know are important, thank you! Please feel free to send any additional feedback to myfuture@zoomcare.com.

Continue reading
  3. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - ZoomCare Associate in Portland, OR

I have been working at ZOOM+Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

This place is a wonderful place to learn and grow in the healthcare industry. If you are looking to get your foot in the door, this is a great place to start!

Cons

Decentralized- there are clinics all over Portland so it is sometimes hard to meet everyone you work with. However, we do have company wide calls that keep us in the loop as to what is going on and new happenings.

ZOOM+Care2012-10-09

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 3 reviews