ZS Associates Reviews in Princeton, NJ | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
ZS Associates Managing Director Chris Wright
Chris Wright

Cons

1. "Company playing too safe but should be good in the near future"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at ZS Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It gives good travel opportunities and competitive compensation in the US. It also gives opportunity to meet a few leaders who can inspire you.

Cons

Needs gutsy leadership and inculcate the same in juniors while honing them so the company can grow beyond pharma and also stay close to cutting edge technologies

Advice to Management

Needs significant improvement in talent acquisition and reward mechanism. Lot of weight at the top needs to be shed.

2. "Recruiter"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I worked at ZS Associates (Less than a year)

Pros

Current employees were really helpful and got me up to speed quickly

Cons

They don't offer remote working for contractors, so I had to commute 90 minutes daily for the role

"Business Associate"

Former Employee - Associate in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Associate in Princeton, NJ

I worked at ZS Associates full-time

Pros

As people have already mentioned, you get to learn a lot.
    The company is full of bright people so you generally don't have many people doing nothing.
    Quality of work is high.

Cons

You learn a lot - but it's very narrow. You can't use this information outside the industry unless you transform it.
    High high expectations on work - you'll be doing the same analysis 3 different ways because someone "wanted to see the results".
    Quality is high - because you spend days double and triple checking other people's work.

Advice to Management

Understand the talent - in regards to professionalism and insight. Everyone there is qualified to do the basic level of work, however there are a few who bring new and altering insights. Don't push them out the door, instead, let them show you alternate ways of reaching the same solution.

"Analytics associate"

Current Employee - Business Associate in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Business Associate in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at ZS Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Speed Learning Opportunity--So much to learn and absorb like a sponge. There are several expertise groups you can get involved with and people here are pretty open to sitting down with you to talk about anything you want to know, be it market trends, how to use a tool, their career at ZS, etc.

Variety- unlike working directly for our clients, I get to understand pharma from all angles as I work for different clients and different parts of the organization. ZS experts are also easy to find and I can always schedule a touchbase with someone that can passionately give me a download for just about any pharma topic I want to know.

Culture-- I love the feeling of working with a great team! I have been fortunate to work for great teams where people were open to seeing up daily touchbase to bring me up to speed, managers/principals took the time to meet with me frequently to give me constructive feedback and encouragement, and where I felt I got opportunities for progression.

I have personally enjoyed getting to know almost everyone at the office. I love being involved in event planning committees where I get to network and shape the company culture.

Little travel--unlike other consulting companies, ZS has offices near every major client hub, which means I get to do consulting and sleep at home. Travel to client meetings is usually just a car ride away.

Cons

Long hours--this is the typical downside of consulting. I don't mind it as much because with long hours typically comes some leverage on flexibility (is, taking morning calls from home, stepping out for errands). More than anything, I am learning so much and feel like my impact is worth some extra efforts here and there. That said, extra effort does not lead to extra compensation, just potentially faster promotion and self gratification.

Pay and Promotion--for the overachievers it sometimes feels like promotions are too formulaic and people typically get promoted at certain time points,--every 2-3 years. You have to show you are performing at the next level for 6-12mo before you can be promoted. It sometimes feels like there isnt much difference between people who put in more vs less effort, even though they say it's all based on your reviews.

Staffing- un consulting there are times when there is too much to do and times when you feel you May be staring at the walls for The next month. It takes getting used to. Also, if you dont build director relstionships with proyecto leaders, you are at the mercy ofva stsffer who seems to drsw your name out of a hat for the next assignment without accounting for your current skills and interests

Advice to Management

HR needs to be more open to mentoring their people and willing to discuss reasons behind important decisions like promotion, raises, etc.

6. "Great Environment, Fun Culture"

Former Intern - Business Operation Associate in Princeton, NJ
    Former Intern - Business Operation Associate in Princeton, NJ

I worked at ZS Associates as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

People are supportive and extremely helpful

Cons

Healthcare focused - not generalist

7. "Great Opportunities, Good People To Work, Work-Life balance is bad"

Current Employee - Business Operations Consultant in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Business Operations Consultant in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at ZS Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunities to work directly with clients at a very early stage in your career
    People are really helpful and good to work with
    Pay scale is better that most competitors

Cons

Work life balance is not the best
    Work can get repetitive if you like to learn new things

8. "Business Consultant"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at ZS Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Steep learning curve during initial days in the firm, Deep sales & marketing expertise in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry

Cons

Lack of consistency in policies & compensation across different offices, Quality of new hires is going down by the day

9. "Great Growing Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at ZS Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people are fantastic and culture very collaborative across all offices, regardless of location.
    Challenging work, where finding the right and best solution is paramount
    The company has a history of strong growth, which doesn't appear to be slowing down anytime soon

Cons

Frequently the is a lot of demand on your personal time
    Fast growth is putting pressures on the leverage model

Advice to Management

Make sure that as the company continues to grow in size and business areas we don't lose our culture and value that's made ZS a special place to work and be part of

"Great First Job! Lacks Direction!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I worked at ZS Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This place is a great place to get a first job - learning the ins and outs of analytics and tools.

Cons

On the flip side, the company direction is scattered and losing its focus. It's moving from a high-powered analytics to an outsourcing firm.

Advice to Management

Please focus on what makes ZS great: analytics! Not operations and outsourcing projects.

"The work is hard and potentially tedious but the company reputation should help me in the future."

Current Employee - Business Analytics Associate in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Business Analytics Associate in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at ZS Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good stepping stone experience
    OK compensation
    Fast-paced

Cons

Poor work life balance
    Inability to choose project work can lead to mundane, repetitive tasks
    Does not live up to commitment to learning and development

Showing 35 of 1,251 reviews