ZS Associates Reviews in Pune, India | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
ZS Associates Managing Director Chris Wright
Chris Wright

Pros
  • Good work culture and work life balance (in 135 reviews)

• Steep learning curve and good responsibilities early in the firm (in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • Not good Work-life balance; stagnant growth/learning after a point (in 440 reviews)

• Little long working hours but otherwise if you enjoy your work it won't seem so long :) (in 193 reviews)

1. "Business Operations Associate"

Current Employee - Business Operations Associate in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Business Operations Associate in Pune (India)

Pros

Culture, People, Amenities ,Professionalism , Pune city life is good

Cons

Long Working hours, High Pressure Job

Advice to Management

Respect the worklife balance of the employees, appreciate their hardwork in terms of cash or kind

2. "One the best places to work"

Current Employee - Business Technology Associate in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Business Technology Associate in Pune (India)

I have been working at ZS Associates (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to work with very smart people and you get to learn a lot

Cons

Advice to Management

Nothing as such . Overall I love working here.

3. "Good"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Pune (India)

Pros

Good environment !!
    Good Pay structure !!
    Challenging work!!
    A very good company for freshers to start the career with.

Cons

A lot of work sometimes and appraisals are challenging .

Work life balance is not good!!

Advice to Management

Think about below:

A lot of work sometimes and appraisals are challenging .
    Work life balance is not good!!

5. "Overview"

Former Employee - Business Technology Analyst in Pune (India)
    Former Employee - Business Technology Analyst in Pune (India)

I worked at ZS Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

on the job learning, dynamic, exposure to client, flat hierarchy, open and easy atmosphere, sans bureaucracy, intellectually stimulating workforce and environment

Cons

dilution in the workforce quality in lieu of moving towards a larger organization

6. "Great People. Good Work Environment."

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Pune (India)

I have been working at ZS Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people around
    Transparent environment
    Employee friendly system
    Cabs- meals provided

Cons

Long working hours
    Stressful
    Learning is limited to pharma market

Advice to Management

None in specific

7. "Awesome Company to work for!"

Former Employee - Associate - IT in Pune (India)
    Former Employee - Associate - IT in Pune (India)

I worked at ZS Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. College kind of culture..
    2. Lot of young and talented faces around from IITs and good colleges
    3. Free food and free transport facility
    4. Very employee and takes good care of its employee
    5. Awesome office Infratructure
    6. No/Less Politics
    7. Iphone (not for all employees) (This should have been on top)

Cons

1. Promotion takes time.
    2. In IT Department, promotion from Associate level to Associate level takes time (around 3 years).
    3. Low salaries for IT

Advice to Management

1. Keep the same culture. ZS rocks!!
    2. Please also take care of salaries of IT staff
    3. You may cut cost by going with one vendor with multiple solution. ZS has multiple vendors for same kind of solution

8. "Good company but poor worklife balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I have been working at ZS Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Average pay, 25 yearly leaves + 7 sick leaves

Cons

Long working hours, not so good appraisal and promotion system

9. "Great company for self-motivated, accountable individuals"

Current Employee - Business Analytics Associate Consultant in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Business Analytics Associate Consultant in Pune (India)

Pros

Great company for self-motivated, accountable individuals

Cons

Work can get monotonous very quickly. Finding the right project that aligns with your aspirations is tough.

10. "Software Engineer - Applications"

Current Employee - Software Engineer - Applications in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer - Applications in Pune (India)

I have been working at ZS Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing place to hone your skills and widen your horizon of knowledge.
    You get to work with a lot of cool guys who have a lot of knowledge and are humble as well.
    You get to see your impact from the very first day at work.
    Employees are valued more over profits.

Cons

One tends to spend around 11-12 hours in office. But it doesn't feel bad as long as you enjoy doing your work.

Advice to Management

Management is good. They can help you solve your problems as they have true work experience and not just on paper work experience.
    They care for your career growth and work life balance.

11. "Daily 13 Hours Affair"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Pune (India)

I worked at ZS Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Free food and commute
    -Good hike every year around 10-15 % - Happens in June
    -Good Pharmaceuticals domain exposure
    -Good crowd specially from IIT, NIIT's, BIT , IIM..etc
    -Nice office in Pune in EON IT zone

Cons

Ok, now time is to show you reality. I worked in 5 other organizations and then ZS associates. Want to give you honest review so I can help people to understand real situation in ZS Associates. I started in Jan'15 and my life smooth for 1 month, then I moved to project for one of the Pharma client. I was working as BI expert and got opportunity to work on Informatica and data warehouse. Daily I use to work for 10 Hours average and after 6 month I staffed on other project parallely and my working hours extended to 12 hours. In ZS you have to bill your exact hour task wise on weekly basis and you have to keep track of this because manager can ask you any time, you have to maintain good average of 10-11 hours daily to get your 100% bonus. If you are lateral hire, more than 4 year experience you will get position of Associate Consultant where as core ZS, I mean those who joined ZS directly from college become associate consultant in 2.5 years.. you will have lots of ego clash. ZS is not technology dominant , people mostly work on excel and far behind high end technology stuff, so from technology perspective you will learn little in coming days. You mostly involved in business related task which make you almost handicap after 2 years as you will forget your all knowledge you gained in your previous experience. People with 3 years experience get early managerial kind of role, which is good but it give them authority to delicate work which is dangerous , they start thinking they are managers and they start treating juniors or freshers like labour. Managers and senior management expect them which is wrong. 90% of workforce in ZS is below 26 year age which shows that people dont stay long in ZS, Managers proudly says its very difficult to stay in ZS as we need hardworking and intelligent people , its not cake walk, but its not true..they only see profit in their business and for that they can go to extend , people work there without any life , start smoking and drinking to sustain. Lots of health issues and finally quit. I had good time , made good colleague but I also end up in this situation and finally quit. Project start with 20 people and you will realize that after a year project is driven by 10 people, they say team become efficient but truth is that they want to make profit , they motivate you with big words like challenging task, we are preparing you for big roles ..bla bla..but in the end you will see that they are just sucking you. You will get laptop , iphone and these things is actually traps , people are happy to see that yeah I got work from home but truth is that you will work on your sister marriage , brother marriage and even on your birthday.
    This is not the situation of everyone, those people who are very politically sound they sustain there , they know how to put blame on juniors and maintain their work life balance by delicate almost every task. With all these comments you might say I am frustrated and ignore. Thats fine, I left ZS by my choice and joined another organization and now I have quality work and time for my family which I see most important. I could have find time in ZS also, but I dont want my Juniors will curse me when I leave. I still in contact with My juniors and stay love to talk to me because I followed right approach. However being nice never worked out for me, my manager always loaded me with lots lots of work and track my timesheet like hell. Micromanagement. ZS was one of my dream job and working 2 years for them made me realize , a non valuable gift in good packaging. Give a thought before joining and dont get in trap by seeing free food , phone and laptops. You will leave eating after few days :) . Projects are small 3 millions dollar or type. Client is not ready to pay for high end technologies , in the end you will end up in their in house product JIM which has no value in outer market. They started in big data and hadoop but I afraid no projects in hand , Pharma clients are not that rich they just want their work should be done with minimum budget and ZS do it for them. No good governance process in place, you can update data in production , funny. When you ask managers it should not be done as it is not good way of doing things in IT, they say we are smart and we give you all rights to speed up the process but truth that if you drive fast , there is fair chance of accident and it happens allot. Some people loose jobs also. So unfortunate.
    People who are working in ZS since 6 years or long will say good things but truth is that they became so incompatible that they wont get any job outside and other company want good skill set not just Pharma knowledge. Try to understand that.

All the best, take wise decision.

Advice to Management

- Realize the real potential people.
    - Stop giving early authority of delicate work to people who has experience less than 6 years
    - Technology is key factor of continuous growth, senior management should realize.
    - Treat laterals and core zs'ers equally.
    - Work life balance should be there.
    - Don't motivate employees with false dreams.

Showing 385 of 1,314 reviews