Found 6,987 of over 7K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about ZS Associates
Got a burning question about ZS Associates? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with ZS Associates employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great people across offices who care for other team member's professional growth and well being" (in 789 reviews)
- "Good Culture and Fast" (in 573 reviews)
- "Allowances and work culture is good" (in 471 reviews)
- "The pay is good (we are still getting raises and bonuses in the recession)" (in 239 reviews)
- "Good Salary and Hikes" (in 230 reviews)
- "No work life balance Not much tools used thus making the use of skills and development stagnent" (in 1965 reviews)
- "late working hours due to US clients" (in 652 reviews)
- "long hours and hours spent at work are almost equally valued as the quality of the output." (in 165 reviews)
- "poor management and exploitation of freshers" (in 90 reviews)
- "some managers do a poor job of pushing back on client expectations leading to unhealthy hours by some teams" (in 72 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of ZS Associates and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEWJul 20, 2023ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsEvanston, IL
Unlimited opportunities for advancement, cares about its employees, flexible work arrangements, less travel than other consulting firms, and supportive of new moms
The same as the rest of the industry - long hours (unless you go part time) and high stress
- 5.0Dec 5, 2023Human Resources SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsJersey City, NJ
Good pulse on the health of the firm diversified offerings evolved solution client centricity innovation
intense working style but also rewarding
- 2.0Nov 22, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
- Peers: Peers are open to help and provide support - Flexibility: There is ample flexibility to work from home, travel and adjust calendar as needed
- Culture: The company culture has changed massively in recent months / years for the worse. Engagement scores across the company have taken a dive for the last two years. - Recognition and compensations: The reviews system does not really recognize merit or performance in an objective way and, nor does compensation (below industry and competitor benchmarks) - Leadership: Trust in leadership has taken a dive and an increase in toxic leader traits.
- 3.0Nov 29, 2023ConsultantFormer Employee, more than 1 yearPhiladelphia, PA
- Good pay - Most people are pretty nice and intelligent. - Core values are good on a theoretical level
- Fractional staffing means you can have four bosses that don't talk - Long projects can mean you get stuck - Company grew very quickly after being small for a while. Culture and processes never caught up.
- 3.0Nov 16, 2023ConsultantFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsNew York, NY
Good learning experience, fast paced, good for early career growth
Long hours, a sense of never doing enough, culture of working long hours as an expectation and a badge of honor
- 5.0Nov 15, 2023Marketing ManagerCurrent Employee
Clear growth path for high achievers Challenging and interesting work Pushed out of your comfort zone
Work life balance Difficult stakeholders
- 3.0May 11, 2023Strategy Insights and Planning Associate ConsultantCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearEvanston, IL
You’ll work with lots of young, kind, and helpful people. Very good pay for fresh graduates. Opportunities to learn valuable consulting skills that will make you an asset to other companies. As long as you’re not terrible, it’s almost impossible to be fired, and you’ll eventually make it to middle management.
Expect a poor work / life balance. Forced in-office presence which factors into reviews. Lack of up-or-out structure results in many complacent / incompetent people stuck at the middle-management levels. Title deflation and slow promotion compared to other consulting firms. Recent overall budget cutbacks for raises, perks, and office events due to over hiring during covid and refusal to do mass layoffs. Low motivation to perform anywhere above average, as there is no additional reward for great performance.3
- 2.0Aug 7, 2023ConsultantFormer Employee, more than 1 yearBoston, MA
ZS Associates is a great place to work if you're hired as an Associate out of undergrad and grow up within the company.
For outside MBA hires, this place is a nightmare. There's very little training. They tell you they want outside hires to bring in new ways of thinking about the role. Unfortunately, they are mostly run by people who grew up within the company and they get frustrated that you don't think exactly like they've been trained to. A high percentage of outside consultant hires get put on probation because they don't think and perform exactly the same way that consultants who were hired as associates and promoted twice do. Those people have received extensive training and been self-selected by the company two additional times.6
ZS Associates Reviews FAQs
ZS Associates has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 7,383 reviews left anonymously by employees. 70% of employees would recommend working at ZS Associates to a friend and 68% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.
70% of ZS Associates employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated ZS Associates 2.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.