ZS Pharma Reviews | Glassdoor

ZS Pharma Reviews

3.8
Robert Alexander Ph.D

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Cutting edge biopharmaceutical company!"

Current Employee - Medical Science Liaison
    Current Employee - Medical Science Liaison

I have been working at ZS Pharma full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ZS Pharma has a really exciting pipeline and a diverse team of professionals to make working here very rewarding. I was invited for an in-person interview to take place within one week of the phone interview. I received my verbal offer by phone within a business day of the interview. Very speedy which is so refreshing!

Cons

I just accepted my offer, so I have nothing negative yet. Some are concerned about a shift from ZS to AstraZeneca culture, but the team is making many efforts to retain their unique identity

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

2. "PC tech onsite in irving"

I worked at ZS Pharma full-time

Pros

a great place to meet rich people

Cons

head games with other employees in californoia

Advice to Management

get managers that understand their job description and that stand up for hard workers

3. "Run"

I worked at ZS Pharma full-time

Pros

Great IT support team I've ever worked with

Cons

Poor Management- could care less amount amount of people that have left

4. "THINK LONG AND HARD."

I have been working at ZS Pharma full-time

Pros

There are so many open positions that anyone trying to make a jump in their career might be able to do so.

Cons

New leadership is in place from AZ and it feels like a runaway train about to fall off the track. Lots of change in direction all the time. No real leadership. Lack of trust, timely communication of relevant information and zero culture.

Advice to Management

Reconnect with people. Backfill positions with people that know what they're doing, and really work to set a great culture. When decisions are made, stick to them. If you want accountability then show us that you too can be accountable.

"Fantastic Start-Up Environment is ending"

I have been working at ZS Pharma full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Start up Culture, People, Launching a new product, Office amenities and perks

Cons

Culture is changing and morale is dropping, HR ins't personable or helpful, Benefits are only fairly good,

Advice to Management

Improve morale and stop asking people if they want to be here and telling them to go if they aren't committed. Commitment is mutual. Rather tell them they are important to the success and the future of the renal-cardio division. I would have rated this company 5 stars last year but no longer.

6. "Sales Director"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at ZS Pharma full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay and not much to do

Cons

Management is worried about AZ incursion as they should be; still waiting on one drug

Advice to Management

Tray tables up, help children with their masks first.

"Great Culture...lots of uncertainty"

Pros

ZS Pharma has a unique culture with friendly, intelligent and dedicated employees. People are very supportive and step up to help each other meet timelines and deliverables. Pay is good although benefits are somewhat lacking. The commercial team is very seasoned with many years of industry experience. Emphasis is on results vs. process which I personally find refreshing.

Cons

Lack of communication from senior management. Launch delay of flagship product has caused a lot of uncertainty and angst and lack of communication has amplified that. There was recently a shake-up in management with AZ running the show now. This may not be all bad as this will surely introduce some needed processes into the fold.

Advice to Management

COMMUNICATE with your employees to reduce angst and anxiety among employees.

"Sales Specialist"

Current Employee - Sales Specialist
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist

I have been working at ZS Pharma full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is the "unicorn" of biotech! The company walks the walk when it comes to culture, values, and talent! I appreciate the team oriented approach to driving results while ensuring that each individual is realizing his/her potential.

Cons

Being a newer, smaller company, name recognition is not as strong as more established/larger companies.

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent work and progress with your teams and continue to share success stories!

9. "Best Experience of My Career"

Current Employee - Manager in Coppell, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Coppell, TX

I have been working at ZS Pharma full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is engaged and truly cares about the advancement of their employees. Fun, upbeat environment makes employees motivated to do the hard work required. Excellent benefits with very affordable premiums. Since it is still fairly small, employees can gain exposure to multiple facets in their job area. So far, the silos aren't too bad.

Cons

Interdepartmental communication could be better. Company is very focused on manufacturing and can forget that there are other departments that do not operate under the same rules and regulations. This makes it difficult to perform job functions at times.

Advice to Management

Keep doing everything in your power to maintain this culture. It is working well!

10. "A truly awesome place to work!"

I have been working at ZS Pharma full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can honestly say this is one of the best work environments that I have worked at in my 20+ years in the bay area. Working with motivated and talented people, a great work/life balance and a culture that sets a high bar - makes coming to work every day fun and meaningful. I believe in our product, I believe in our team and I am lucky to be a part of this awesome company!

Cons

Because of the nature of Bio-Pharma there can be cliques, however most groups are open to new faces.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing...inspiring your team, hiring the best and preparing for an awesome launch!