Zac Posen Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "PR Intern"

Former Employee - PR Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - PR Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Zac Posen part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bosses are very nice. Both very personable and want the best for you. Both want to get to know you and want to help you get where you want. You get to be in contact with all parts of the company. The designers, production, sales, atelier are all there for you to network with. Zac and his boyfriend Christiopher are a common sight as well!

Cons

Not paid, and lunch is not provided. Lots of runs and sometimes silly jobs. But that comes with fashion internships.

Advice to Management

A lunch stipend would be appreciated with the interns. Could make them want to work harder. Also ask interns what they are interested in. They could help with Social Media and other aspects of the company.

2. "Previous intern turned employee"

Current Employee - Marketing (Communications) Specialist/Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Zac Posen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Somewhat of an employee discount, good name to place on a resume, Zac himself is a super sweet, talented and classy individual. It was a true honor to have known him personally and worked with him day to day.

Cons

I don't know where to begin. I've never seen a company with bigger disfunction. There is LOTS of movement here and I've learned over time that this is due to better opportunities and salaries elsewhere and MUCH better management. The company surprisingly has absolutely no budget and JUST operates enough to keep up with other luxury fashion houses. I was treated HORRIBLY by almost all co-workers as well as management and was not the only one who felt this way. Many of our department interns just didn't come back after a while and the ones who did would repeatedly tell me the felt they were learning no valuable lessons at all and wish they'd spent their time learning elsewhere. There are little to no benefits and asked if there were 401k savings plans or any others and was laughed at in response. The disfunction and favoritism shown in this company was completely disappointing and I hope Zac himself begins to see this before he keeps loosing other good talent. If you are considering a job with this company I am advising you to PLEASE look elsewhere. Save yourself the aggravation. I was doing 3 jobs and somehow management got away with paying me only one salary with no opportunity for a raise. Spend your time and efforts at a classier work environment who treats you like a human being.

Advice to Management

Treat those who work for you with the respect they deserve. Stop bullying others for your own enjoyment this isn't high school especially those whose jobs are to specifically support you. Better manage your money per department and overall. And I was told by management my team was in charge of leading by example. I think it would behoove them to take their own advice and act like the industry professionals they address themselves as.

3. "Eh"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Zac Posen (Less than a year)

Pros

Very Busy, many celebrity dressing

Cons

no growth opportunities, catty, gossipy

Advice to Management

get rid of some people. Office politics are clear

"Not recommended for design internship"

Former Employee - Design Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Design Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Zac Posen (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked for House of Z design team for less than 1 year, I do like the design team still build mode board and develop the design process instead of copying what's on the market, I respect the hard working ethic and detail orientated work by the design team. I think it's useful that intern were asked to build a capsule collection by the end of the internship inspired by the brand's aesthetic.

Cons

However, I don't think It worth my time as a design intern at zac posen, because design intern is treated as free labor to be overworked running errands such as deliver heavy bag of samples, buying trims most of the times than being given advises/feedbacks relate to my skills for sketches, design trend research or build up color story and fabric story. And there are times that gets really boring when there is no task for interns to do and interns were ignored at the corner.

Advice to Management

Please be aware that an internship is about a future professional's time invested in his/her education, not free labor which is illegal in NY. I do not appreciate the working environment with gossips, lack of feedbacks/organization and unhealthy competitiveness from management positions which are the reasons that I won't recommend to work there.

5. "Intern"

Current Employee - Sales Intern in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at Zac Posen (Less than a year)

Pros

great company, fun during market week, great people, small office so you get to know everyone

Cons

long hours, no pay, but all around great place to work,

6. "Great design team"

I have been working at Zac Posen full-time

Pros

Great co-worker and good team work.

Cons

Terrible leadership and lack of growth. Office has no window.

Advice to Management

Work with leadtime and calendar.

7. "Stay away"

Current Employee - Sales Intern
    Current Employee - Sales Intern

Pros

Good name on your resume, market week is fun and you learn a lot,

Cons

A lot of ridiculous tasks, too many errands, treat us so bad (like we're slaves), no lunch stipend or stipend what so ever, no tasks of real substance, no one tries to teach us anything, we are here to run the errands they don't wanna pay for

Advice to Management

GET A COURIER, be nicer to the interns, get a more established intern program so we have something productive to do all the time and learn from.

8. "Public Relations Intern"

Pros

It was a nice experience

Cons

There were no downsides at company

"intern"

Former Employee - Intern
    Former Employee - Intern

I worked at Zac Posen part-time

Pros

it was an overall great experience for learning

Cons

basic frustrations you might find in the fashion industry

10. "Market Intern"

Pros

Working directly with beautiful clothing. Staff is really nice. Lunch was provided.

Cons

Interns were not paid and did have to run a lot of errands.

Advice to Management

Would love to have a chance to listen to what is discussed in sales appointments as to understand how they work.