Zacks Investment Research Reviews | Glassdoor

Zacks Investment Research Reviews

Updated April 20, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Their work- life balance and flexibility is great (in 5 reviews)

• Laid back low stress work environment (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Extremely bad salary, poor bonus, no hikes at all (in 3 reviews)

• limited growth opportunities, salary structure overall is not up to the mark as per current market scenario, minimal market exposure (in 3 reviews)

"Data research anayst"

Former Employee - Data Research Associate in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Data Research Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at Zacks Investment Research (Less than a year)

Pros

Good for fresher's but not for exppreienced

Cons

U have to work on weekends

Advice to Management

Do not treat well to their juniors

2. "Associtae"

Former Employee - Associate in Tacoma, ME
    Former Employee - Associate in Tacoma, ME

I worked at Zacks Investment Research full-time

Pros

I have been with Zacks Investment Management just under a year starting as a hourly temporary employee as a WMA (Wealth Management Associate). I was brought on Full Time after 7 months on Jan 1st 2015, and promoted to the Operations Wholesale & Retail department after 5 months in June 2015. So in just under a year I have been able to go from a temporary employee, to full time,

Cons

1K of up to 3% and tenured after 3 to 7 years is pretty much standard for most established companies in general, and would sh

"Great People to work with"

I have been working at Zacks Investment Research full-time

Pros

These are some of my favorite people in the world. It is a true pleasure walking into the office.

Cons

No leadership is the main problem. We are 18 divisions under one umbrella and sometime we get rain without enough cover.

"Lots of Opportunity to Move Up, but your salary may make you a target if you get too high."

Former Employee - Mid-Level Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Mid-Level Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Zacks Investment Research full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Interesting Work, Interesting Industry. I would recommend this company to a friend if they had an offer for a job that they find interesting and if it would be an advancement for them vs. their previous position.

Cons

Virtually everyone I knew there who had a significant idea for a product or service expansion had the idea or product taken away from them, ostensibly so that the upper management could keep whatever profits came of it, but none of those things ever came to anything, and multiple people have left and formed or joined thriving companies in related investment space. Do not go there if you are giving up significant salary, benefits or anything else that is important to your relationship.

Advice to Management

Figure out how you could have kept the best and the brightest of those who have left, and become successful in their own, or other firms. The Koch Brothers call it Market Based Management, and look at how successful they have become.

"Solid Place To Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Low Stress, Flexible Schedule, Open to New Ideas

Cons

You're not going to get rich

Advice to Management

Move With the Times

"Good for a short assignment, but not a career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great location, reasonable work life balance, monthly bonus based on company performance, few meetings and no bureaucracy

Cons

Terrible benefits: no 401k match, expensive insurance, little time off or flexibility; constant technology issues; abrasive and demeaning culture

Advice to Management

Offer more vacation time or allow people to negotiate for more; encourage teamwork

"Lacking leadership"

Former Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Zacks Investment Research full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not Many. There was nothing I can say I enjoyed other than my co-workers.

Cons

Terrible company culture, pay subpar. Bad management and even worse owners.

Advice to Management

Leave!

"Great for learning, poor for working"

Former Employee - Research Sales in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Research Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at Zacks Investment Research full-time

Pros

If you want to learn about investment research, Zacks will inundate you with data & information. They have access to a mountain of fundamental data, wall street research, models, and tools and software to keep you extremely busy...but it's also all over the place and hard to put it all together.

They highly encourage innovation and every level of management encourages fresh thoughts. If you have a good ideas, they WILL LISTEN and probably act on it.

Cons

Woefully underpaid and terrible benefits. no 401k matching of any kind, if you have a family, the medical plan is out of control expensive. People are easily and frequently fired and leave for a better paying job. Top management really doesn't care about it's people.

Advice to Management

Stop outsourcing every job to India; you have lost and will lose extremely talented and devoted employees because we all feel the hammer coming sooner or later.

"Stepping Stone for Better Opportunities"

Former Employee - Web Developer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Zacks Investment Research full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are some good people brought in to keep a ship with a lot of holes in it afloat. Very hard working vibes, but the "feeling" can only carry you so long where most people don't last longer than 2 years and move on to bigger and better things.

Cons

Many under qualified people leading teams, especially the IT department, where they have no game plan and work is more about fixing fires than growing the company.

Advice to Management

Do not continue to keep the "play with the hand your dealt with" attitude and hire some quality leadership and staff. Replace the heads of the IT department.

"IT Management is Terrible"

Current Employee - IT Administrative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - IT Administrative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Zacks Investment Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some good guys that work for the company and are very easy to get along with.

Cons

IT Management has compound issues. IT is split between 2 departments with no over-recing goal of actually improving the company. Management drives out competent talent or fires them for wanting to do job correctly. Those that are qualified and stay get stifled and just do bare minimum to make it bearable. IT constantly battles with business instead of tryin to support nd make things better. I.E. - making poor choices and not growing but stagnating so goals cant be met.

Advice to Management

IT Management just needs to change, the two individuals that are currently running are not equipped to do so.