Find jobs for Project Manager

Current Employee, more than 3 years

As a manager, the most difficult decisions I make involve layoffs

Oct 6, 2019 - Project Manager in War, WV
    Business Outlook

Pros

As a manager, the most difficult decisions I make involve layoffs

Cons

I dont have wrong experience

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to learn and grow.

Aug 1, 2021 - Senior Product Manager in Berlin
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Life / work balance - Working from home or in the office is mostly up to you - Salary is comptetitive - Management really cares about employees. For instance in corona time there was a lot of support offered if people needed help (mental or financially). Also currently the whole company got an extra week off (paid of course). - There are loads of great opportunities to work at, it's eventually up to you.

Cons

- Mood in the team can heavily depend on the department you are working on.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 5.0

Best Workplace & Pleasant Company Culture

May 3, 2021 - Project Manager in Berlin
    Business Outlook

Pros

After 2 years of working with Zalando, I still feel that it's such a great luck to work here. The more time passes, the more love I have for this work place. I even feel more energetic, excited and motivated than the very first days. I can now fully say that it's the first happy workplace I have ever known that truly care about the employees. I love how we all can work efficiency and have a great work-life balance. I personally love working from home, but it's the first company that make I think everyone missing being in the office since we have really beautiful office, enough space to breath and a large desk to work comfortable. - Care for the employees, support during the pandemic and home office - Open and friendly company culture - Fair salary - Advancement opportunities - Free fruits and cold drinks in the office - Dogs allowed - Children can be bought to the office, there are rooms for this case

Cons

Zalando may not have contributions to capital formation or bonus for Christmas, but Zalando has many more cool benefits that the other companies do not have.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee

Zalando Product Manager

Jul 22, 2021 - Product Manager in Mönchengladbach
    Business Outlook

Pros

flat hierarchy, high diversity, open minded, modern

Cons

chaotic, development mainly based on sponsor

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

An exciting environment

Jul 12, 2021 - Principal Product Manager in Berlin
    Business Outlook

Pros

Large growth opportunities, new challenges every month.

Cons

Performance driven environment. The culture is changing but it can take a toll.

6. 4.0

great product management process

Jun 30, 2021 - Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

great product culture, stong strategic focus

Cons

process could be more agile

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Unsupportive, unhelpful, unprofessional

Jan 28, 2021 - Senior Product Manager in Berlin
    Business Outlook

Pros

The new office International diversity - depending on the team you are in Relaxed atmosphere- No urgency to get things done, engineers go off on 1 month vacation without advance notice

Cons

Very rigid and hierarchical structure, almost everyone in my team spoke German and made no effort to be inclusive. It got so bad that even technical and product discussions took place in German. I have no problems with German culture, but if I am told that I expect to work in an international company, then I need to speak English to do my job. No onboarding for new hires - you are just thrown into a team that is understaffed and underskilled and I had very little guidance from my manager. No feedback was given. None of this was discussed at my interview Some of the male colleagues were inappropriate - came too close to you and put arms around you without permission, cracking inappropriate jokes. Also very low salaries for Berlin standards. It was only after I left that I realized how underpaid I was.

3 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0

more than just a job

Jan 31, 2021 - Project Manager in Berlin
    Business Outlook

Pros

the freedom to work, the collegiality in the team, the consideration, the development, always new challenges, varied work, I feel good at zalando.

Cons

In some cases, communication with other areas does not work so well. Sometimes there is no feedback.

Zalando Response

Employer Branding

We are so grateful for your kind words. We are happy to be part of your journey as well.

9. 5.0

A great company!

Feb 25, 2021 - Product Manager in Berlin
    Business Outlook

Pros

Upper management really cares about the employees and provides support.

Cons

Workload can be challenging to manage, but it depends on the person

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Nice place, not so nice organisation

Jan 19, 2021 - Product Manager in Berlin
    Business Outlook

Pros

International, young, informal, good work/life balance

Cons

The business is profitable by itself. The tech products make virtually no impact when it comes to innovation, so leadership only cares about taking the next sales decision. Promotions and work recognition is random and contextual. So if are good in a bad set up , forget it you will be stuck. If you are mediocre in the right set up you will be promoted in every round.

4 people found this review helpful