Cover image for Zalando

Zalando

Engaged Employer

Zalando

Add a Review

Zalando Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Sep 15, 2021

Found 77 of over 2K reviews

3.8
Zalando CEO Robert Gentz
Robert Gentz

What people are saying about Zalando

Join the conversation on

Tech

572.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Zalando~613421
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Zalando? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Zalando employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Colleagues are nice and mostly helpful.(in 116 reviews)
  • "great people and teams are joyful to work with(in 83 reviews)
  • "The teams are great and pull together(in 71 reviews)
  • "Great culture and ambient; the relationship between teams is interesting; work peace is slow but steady.(in 64 reviews)
  • "Work Life balance is good(in 53 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0

OK

Sep 5, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

freedom of decision making and good work life balance

Cons

Bureaucracy: many meeting and frequent inconsistent changes in product directions

2. 4.0

So far so good

Jan 20, 2023 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

1-good teammate 2- good work life balance 3- above average salary

Cons

1- salary should be more for an elite company 2- the pace is very slow 3- some politics involved

Zalando Response

Hey Zalando, Many thanks for your feedback! We are happy that you enjoy working in a team, Work-Life-Balance and compensation. We also appreciate your honest feedback on the areas of improvements, as your feedback helps us to improve what we're doing. Best, - Talent Acquisition Team

3. Join the Zalando team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

Great place to work

Nov 7, 2019 - Senior Software Engineer in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leading edge technology stack Work with many talented people Good work and life balance Allowance to work remotely when needed Great salary & benefits

Cons

I can't think of anything remarkable

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0

iOS Engineer

Feb 11, 2018 - Ios Software Engineer in Berlin
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work Life balance is good

Cons

Salary adjustment is very poor

6. 3.0

Good place to work

Feb 18, 2020 - Assistant Buyer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance was good

Cons

Very corporate enviroment, felt more tech than fashion

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Data Analyst, Customer Analytics

Dec 13, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Berlin
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Very nicely agile environment 2. A coherent teamwork 3. Cross-departmental interaction 4. An adequate balance between work and social life 5. Very nice office setup

Cons

1. Daily routine 2. No much transparency 3. High turnover 4. Possibly, lower salaries for some FTEs (Salary inequality)

8. 5.0

Cutting Edge Tech Stack, amazing colleagues, and a good work life balance

Dec 10, 2019 - Senior Software Engineer in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

The developer infrastructure at Zalando is the best I have ever worked with. The CI/CD platform in particular makes it easy to build and deploy applications to Kubernetes clusters running on AWS. There is little to no red tape, and teams are (within guidelines) permitted to choose the technology they deem most appropriate for the task at hand. The work life balance is great and I have never been pressured to work out of hours or weekends in my time here. They provide way more than average holiday days, and are flexible with both working hours and locations. I highly recommend Zalando as a place to work, have fun, and learn lots from extremely talented colleagues.

Cons

The organisational structure is regularly influx, and priorities can shift and change with little notice.

4 people found this review helpful
  9. 2.0
    Former Employee

Good for beginners

Dec 4, 2016 - Software Engineer in Berlin
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good technologies - Good work / life balance - Good support for beginners: intensive onboarding, self-development plan - Working atmosphere is good - I would recommend company for beginners - the are a lot things to learn, good support by people leads, etc.

Cons

- All problems tend to be solved by hiring new people. You are just replaceable detail of huge system. To many people in general. See next points. - Salaries are low because of the first point. - There are a lot of unqualified people because of the first point. Therefore creativity and innovations exist rather on paper. "Great ideas" is about great people, not radical agility or some other process. - Very slow development process because of the first point: to many teams involved in implementation of each feature, to many meeting, to many alignments, etc. Innovation is about fast iterating, not creating detailed API-s upfront.

Continue reading
    18 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

Dynamic, flexible work atmosphere

Nov 22, 2019 - Merchandise Planner in Berlin
    Business Outlook

Pros

I appreciate the flexible working hours that I can use at zalando. Being a mother of two girls and still working full time I need a company which lets me work individually and flexible. I also enjoy the support and Challenge I have experiences with my leads. I could always be open with my feedback and would have never feared to say something wrong. Last but not least I really cherish the dynamic work environment. It’s basically continuous change which motivates me and keeps me busy.

Cons

Actually I don’t have a lot to complain about. I think people often blame the company for things they should just fight for (such as a work life balance) themselves. We could definitely do a bit better in terms of sustainability and diversity however zalando is only a representation of society and at least we made a start here.

11. 4.0

Nice company

Dec 20, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Berlin
    Business Outlook

Pros

work life balance is great

Cons

none that i found out

Zalando Response

Hey Zalando! Thank you for the positive feedback. We are pleased that you are finding Zalando to be a nice company with great work life balance. Best, - Talent Acquisition Team

Viewing 1 - 10 of 77 Reviews