KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Zanes Law Reviews

Updated Oct 12, 2021

Found 43 of over 44 reviews

3.6
Zanes Law Owner Doug Zanes (no image)
Doug Zanes
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing Place to Work

Apr 9, 2021 - Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a great law firm to work for. They hire for culture and fit and as such I work with an unbelievably great group of people. Not a bad apple in the bunch which seems impossible but is true. The work/life balance is great as well. I could not be happier here.

Cons

I really have nothing negative to say. Doug and Claudia are great to work for.

Zanes Law Response

Thank you very much for this review and the feedback. Manageable caseloads have always been a favorite amongst our staff. We appreciate you!

2. 3.0
    Current Employee

Good company

Oct 12, 2021 - Legal Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

great inclusivity in workplace area

Cons

too many hours, can be hard to get time off

Zanes Law Response

Kindly check the company you left this review for. We don't have "Legal Assistants" in our firm, we have Case Managers and Litigation Paralegals. Case Managers in our firm work a standard 40 hour work week with schedules that they set for themselves and we approve all requests for time off. But this is definitely noted and we will look further into this. And we thank you for this comment.

3. The latest conversations about Law

Join the conversation on

Law

3m

an

Associate Attorney

It seems partners are much more flexible with associates who have kids than with those who don’t. If it’s okay for my colleague with a kid to leave at 5 pm and log on later, why isn’t that the same for me (no kids)? My obligations might be different, but I still have a life and want to be able to do certain things, like catch that evening workout class or cook dinner for my partner. As you can probably tell, my firm is operating 100% in person. There is no point here — I’m just whining.

3,238

404 Comments

Join the conversation on
  4. 5.0
    Former Employee

Gvbhhh

Jan 19, 2021 - Customer Service Associate in Charlotte Ama, VI
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is just great period

Cons

The company should fix the benefit issue

Zanes Law Response

Thank you for your feedback.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome Place to Work!

Jul 29, 2020 - Intake Coordinator in Tucson, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Zanes Law gave me an opportunity to work as a summer employee when I had to go back home due to Covid-19. As soon I walked through the doors, I was greeted by friendly faces. From the intake team, to the case managers, to the attorneys, everyone was willing to help me through the learning process. I started off by opening cases and was then given the chance to speak to clients. This job has strengthened my people skills, gave me the opportunity to work in a professional setting, and truly taught me the meaning of hard work. The staff at Zanes Law are incredible!

Cons

I wish I could have stay'd there longer!

Zanes Law Response

We wish you could have stayed longer! Come back -anytime.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Overall I would recommend Zanes Law

Mar 16, 2019 - Litigation Paralegal
    Business Outlook

Pros

Doug Zanes is the best. His leadership, his patience, his willingness to share his success. Zanes Law was a great place to work. My coworkers at the time were the best. None of them are there now, but back in 2010-2013 Ana, Crystal, Suzanne, and others were great. Zanes really helped in giving me my first introduction into the litigation world and I fell in love. Doug and the firm are very supportive in their fellow employees/coworkers pursuing their goals and aspirations. A few of us went off to law school and became lawyers ourselves. We did city wide scavenger hunts, school supply drive, other team and community building event that went to developing the camaraderie of the firm. I sincerely thank Mr. Doug for giving my first start in the legal field and I will forever be grateful.

Cons

There tended to be issues more so with HR/Admin and not related to the legal side of the firm. I remember back in December of 2012 I wasn't allowed to take leave (that I had previously submitted in October) because they wanted everyone to work so we could hit our goal. As a college student at the time I was disappointed because that was the first Christmas I ever spent without my family. That experience has always left a sour taste in my mouth. It showed me that "they" valued money or family and that doesn't sit right with me. I understand that in the private sector that is the sacrifice you sometimes have to make and I don’t let my few issues there overshadow my overall positive recommendation of the firm.

2 people found this review helpful

Owner

Thank you for this review. Over the years we have had many amazing team members and those that have left the firm to go off to law school have always maintained a special place in both mine and Claudia's hearts. We have always been so proud of all of you. I do apologize for the sour taste that was left involving your time off request, but am happy that your overall experience with the firm was so good.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

BEST JOB, GREAT OPPORTUNITY!

Dec 12, 2019 - Intake Coordinator in Tucson, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have a whole laundry list of everything that I love about the position that I am in, I almost don’t even know where to start! I have just recently been welcomed into the firm, and I already feel as though I am exactly where I should be. I am so excited to continue to learn every single aspect that surrounds my job, and I look forward to learning so much more! In addition, I am also hoping to expand upon my knowledge in other areas of the firm and try to learn whatever I can outside of my job description as well. It’s absolutely a great environment for learning and perfecting your work! I simply see how much needs to be done on a daily basis, and I am extremely eager to assist in any possible way that I can. I feel as though the company allows for growth, and that has been made very evident even being someone that is just newly hired. You are definitely held to a high level of accountability, which is something that I feel should be perceived as a compliment. If you naturally hold yourself to a high degree of accountability, I believe that it also serves as affirmation that those in charge see that you are capable of being held to such standard! If certain duties are being entrusted to you, then that should definitely be viewed as an incentive to continue showcasing what you’re capable of!! This job has allowed for me to really feel like I am a part of a team, and an entire group effort. Regardless of the fact that I am not a paralegal or an attorney, my job is still made to be very important, and I actually feel like the work that I do MATTERS. I show up everyday excited and ready to work because I’m surrounded by a career field that is of great interest to me, and I also get REAL-WORLD EXPERIENCE! How can it get better than that!? Nobody perceives my department as anything other than helpful in aiding with the process of getting the ball rolling on cases. I absolutely love the level of responsibility within my job, and the confirmation that the work that we are doing is important. Me being new to the position and from an outsider’s perspective, I never thought that we’d actually get to interact with Mr. Zanes regarding the business. I just assumed because of his several locations and busy workload that he was just somebody that would not be approachable, but I was very wrong about that! Mr. Zanes actually took the time to ask me how I was liking the firm, and I could tell at that very moment that he genuinely cares for his employees. Hard work does not go unnoticed, and Mr. Zanes always expresses his appreciation and gratitude towards his employees that do their absolute best to ensure client satisfaction. I truly cannot put into words how fortunate I am to be in this particular position, and even more grateful that I am not only in a fulfilling position, but also working for an AMAZING law firm as well. I truly believe that the upper management and administration is a true testament to how efficiently our firm works to assure that each client is being taken care of. This may sound extremely “mushy”, but I actually leave work every single day with a smile on my face because I am so happy to have the job that I do, and all of this was made possible through none other than, Zanes Law!

Cons

I have no cons available.

Zanes Law Response

You are too kind. You make this firm a better place. And we are very fortunate to have you here. Thank you for everything that you!

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

An ambulance chasing 'mill'

Nov 18, 2019 - Pre-Litigation Paralegal in Tucson, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

It was a paycheck for the moment

Cons

As a true professional paralegal, I was appalled that they gave titles to people with absolutely no legal experience and these were the individuals that were supposedly reviewing medical records, police reports and doing draft demands. The attorneys were all 'baby' attorneys and knew very little and had attitudes that surely were not warranted given their lack of legal knowledge. The culture was nasty. Everyone was in 'bullpen' areas and it was loud, crowded and not at all conducive for professionalism. But then at the time we were each managing close to or over 100 cases, which is crazy as well. If you know little to nothing and don't need to make a living and want to 'break' into law, these type of firms are a chance to do so. The pay is horrific, the benefits marginal.

1 person found this review helpful

Owner

Thank you for your review. I understand that it is almost impossible to be a high performer when your sole motivation is a "paycheck for the moment." I will let the readers decide if a "true professional paralegal" is someone who is not motivated by serving their clients by going above and beyond. As you are aware, you filled the role of a Per-litigation Case Manager, not that of a paralegal. All of our paralegal only work on litigation cases and all have a minimum of 15-years of litigation paralegal experience. None of our Case Manager have ever had that background because it is a much different position. But they are all experienced Case Managers and are all excellent at their jobs. That is why many of the Case Managers have been with us for five years or more. As for attorneys all being "baby" attorneys, the average years of experience with the current attorneys at Zanes Law is 11.5 years. Finally, the average salary of our Case Managers is equal to or higher than most personal injury law firms and many of our case managers make an additional $5k - $8k in incentives for doing an amazing job. As for our benefits, below is a list of some of the benefits that we offer: 1. Two retirement plans: a 401(k) profit sharing plan that the firm contributes to and a cash balance pension plan that the firm contributes to. Most companies do not offer one of these, let alone both; 2. Paid personal time off and paid sick time off; 3. Company paid for short and long term disability and life insurance benefits; 4. Company sponsored health insurance through United Health; 5. Maternity leave; 6. Flex schedules; 7. Company sponsored community service.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place!

Nov 13, 2019 - Case Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoy working at Zanes Law because my position gives me a challenge. They also give you an opportunity to grow within the company if you show an interest. Management does hold you accountable but that makes the team better as a whole.

Cons

I do not have any cons at this time.

Owner

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoy the challenge of serving our clients well and the satisfaction that comes with that. Thank you for doing an amazing job! I know that is the case because only amazing performers truly enjoy our environment of accountability.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Zanes Law is the perfect blend of culture and challenge!

Aug 9, 2019 - Firm Administrator in Tucson, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Zanes Law is the perfect blend of culture and challenge. Going to work and going home are equally looked forward to. I am working with professionals that I can learn from and they push me to take on new and challenging opportunities.

Cons

I have been in my current position for 9 months, I do not have any cons at this time-

1 person found this review helpful

Owner

Thank you for your review and for being such an amazing part of our team. I always love seeing someone apply themselves and move up within our company.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee

Reality

Mar 7, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

My tenure at Zanes Law has been a journey. I started at Zanes Law about 8 years ago and this company has seen me through my own ups and downs and has treated me like family. As we all learn and grow through experiences, I've been given the opportunity to make mistakes and learn from them. While the new tenchnology that they continually invest makes my job considerably easier in and out of the office, they have been more than flexible with my personal needs as well. I am continually reminded to enjoy life and the owner repeatedly asks me how I am doing and offers his help at any moment. As far as the company's personal growth, the firm demands quality work for the clients and is always looking for better or more innovative ways to improve itself and/or internal processes for its employees as well as clients. Also this firm has been extremely active in the community and gives back substantially to not only teachers and schools, but also local hospitals and homeless shelters. I have personally taken interest and involvement in these firm endeavors. Lastly, while some employees may not make a good fit, Zanes Law gives everyone an opportunity for growth as they hire individuals from all walks of life.... I have learned much about myself and what it takes to be great at what is required of me.

Cons

I am looking forward to the firm's expansion in providing services in multiple areas of practice.

3 people found this review helpful

Owner

Thank you. I promise you that we will continue grow the company and we will continue to find better technology, training, and processes in order to serve our clients better. Thank you for your insights on the firm and the fact that one of our non-negotiables is finding new team members who are a positive force within the firm. I am the first to admit that our high accountability is difficult for some people and that not everyone is a great fit at Zanes Law. We will always do our best to find those "right" fits. We certainly don't like having to transition people out of the firm, but my commitment to you is that we will not allow anyone who negatively impacts our environment stay in the firm.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 43 Reviews