Zapier Reviews

Updated Apr 8, 2021

4.9
Zapier CEO Wade Foster
Wade Foster
Pros
  • "Further, work life balance is very very strongly encouraged(in 10 reviews)

• "100% remote with a focus on making remote work better(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The only thing I would say is remote work takes time to adjust especially if you're used to working in an office or an extrovert(in 8 reviews)

• "Being fully remote working with a(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place

Mar 24, 2021 - Customer Success Manager in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great to work from home

Cons

Can be isolating working from home

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fully remote, established culture, proud to work here

Feb 25, 2021 - Customer Champion
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lengthy interview process gives the full picture of the company and ample opportunity to ask questions of peers and managers Onboarding is AMAZING - though completely remote and an onslaught of info, there is so much support and help to get you up and running - 1st week is devoted to all non-job specific onboarding and you usually start with a group of folks in different roles at the company - really helps with bonding, feeling part of the greater whole. Flexibility with work hours, support from managers about job goals and long term career goals, established culture for remote work, proactive on diversity/inclusion issues - I am very happy to be here

Cons

Connecting with colleagues can be hard in any remote company and the pandemic has made it tougher with no in person meet ups on the horizon. LOTS of information sources and the aggressive growth can make feeling "caught up" an uphill battle, but exciting at the same time

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

The best people you'll ever work with

Jan 13, 2021 - Decision Scientist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Zapier's people make the company what it is today. I have never worked with such an intelligent, friendly and empathetic group of people. There are truly no big egos at the company and everyone looks out for one another - though we do so from afar since we are scattered around the world. Fully remote also has amazing advantages and the company's commitment to transparency is hugely encouraging. (Everything is written down somewhere) It can be easy to get overwhelmed with the sheer amount of information bouncing around, but it is easy to stay in the loop on any project or idea that interests you. Further, work life balance is very very strongly encouraged. It has been made clear to me time and time again that if my balance suffers then something needs to change to ensure that it is maintained. It's not just lip service either - not taking enough time off? Expect a conversation.

Cons

Fully remote takes some getting used to, but once this hurdle is crossed, Zapier truly is a dream job.

3 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0

Great People: From ICs to Leadership

Feb 8, 2021 - Engineering in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The people are top notch and always learning - Leadership puts their money where their mouth is - Leadership constantly seeks to improve the culture and climate; they welcome being approached by anyone and actually listen - Great work-life balance - Unlimited PTO - Fully remote workforce, with flexibility to take advantage of it - Clarity regarding bonuses, salary improvements, and targets

Cons

- Fully remote can be take some getting used to and it isn't for everyone - Medical benefits are good but could be improved

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A company that displays values everyday

Mar 11, 2021 - Team Lead
      Business Outlook

Pros

Zapier is one of the few companies that practices its values every day. With values like Default to Transparency and Growth through Feedback, it really feels like a place that you want to be, where you can enjoy your work, and where you can grow! They also do remote work right! The way we're able to work as a global team and asynchronously seems like work from the future.

Cons

No cons that I can think of

Be the first to find this review helpful
    6. 5.0

Best job I've ever had

Sep 11, 2020 - Senior Recruter
      Business Outlook

Pros

I don't even know where to start with the pros! First and foremost, the people at Zapier are some of the most talented and kindest people I've ever worked with. As a Recruiter, candidates often ask me about culture and community in fully remote organization, and I often tell them about how I've never felt closer to my team than I do at Zapier. People at Zapier genuinely care about each other and our customers. We get to work on interesting and challenging projects every day. Our product has such a clear and exciting value proposition and market fit. Our leadership team sets the example of our core values. Everyone has a seat at the table in making decisions. Zapier is a truly special place!

Cons

Sometimes, there is an uneven distribution of work, but I know the organization is working to solve that quickly. It's also hard to keep up with everything that's happening across the company because we use so many different tools and systems. We also really need a People Operations leader. Lastly, the executive team can be disconnected from what the rest of the company needs, but because of the company's bottoms up approach to making decisions, this is often easily resolved.

12 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

It's great, but definitely growing

Mar 14, 2021 - Senior Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great teams and great service. There's a lot of room to grow here.

Cons

It's clear things are moving in a more corporate direction here.

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Zapier is underperforming when it comes to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.

Feb 18, 2021 - Support Team Lead
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Zapier is profitable, and there are a lot of benefits and perks. Compensation is decent, especially if you're outside of major metropolitan areas. - Zapier is a fully-remote pioneer in tech and has put a lot of support in place to make working remotely a good experience. - Working at Zapier as an IC can be great, especially if your manager is effective. There are often opportunities to identify challenges, address them, and be rewarded for the effort. - Employees are smart, kind, and supportive. - The culture promotes camaraderie over competition.

Cons

- Zapier is underperforming when it comes to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. Leadership enables practices that prevent BIPOC team members from feeling included and progressing at the same rate as their peers. The company talks the talk, so it seems like it is further along in being effective when it comes to DEI than it actually is. Whether it's unfair disadvantages for URG team members or unfair advantages for their counterparts, Zapier has real DEI problems that need to be addressed. If they don't the mass exodus of BIPOC folks will inevitably continue. - Engagement, particularly within leadership, is hit or miss. Some leaders clearly lead from the front, others are absent from their departments outside of monthly meetings. The less engaged leaders don't invest in the people that report to them, and skills gaps in middle and junior managers aren't addressed. - International team members don't have the same employee experience as US team members. Some things have improved, but issues related to intangibles like promotions and decision-making power persist. - Cronyism; opportunities and growth can be more about who you know than how you perform.

21 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Zapier is the best company I've worked for

Jul 12, 2020 - Senior Customer Champion
      Business Outlook

Pros

* A clear and human hiring process. Not only is it non-traditional (no resume, skills-based questions, open to many backgrounds), but they check in with you along the way to let you know exactly where you stand. * Incredibly engaged and responsive to feedback. From year-to-year, you can see feedback put into practice to provide quality-of-life improvements. Feedback extends to all parts of the company and everyone is expected to provide and receive. * Transparency is a core part of the organization's DNA. If you're curious about something, you have the tools to learn more. * Profit sharing. The company's success is your success. * Privately owned by caring people. This isn't a venture-backed startup that will never make a profit. All of this fosters stability and place people actually want to work. * Strong investment in learning and development.

Cons

* Remote isn't for everyone. I personally love it, but truly consider what that will mean for you before moving forward. It takes a bit of time to adjust to working this way. * As a company, Zapier wants to be diverse and values a variety of opinions. In reality, it's just not there yet. Some teams are more diverse than others and high-level leadership disappoints in this regard. * The internal transfer process is still very much in the works. There are plenty of opportunities to learn and grow, but it's still tough to move from some departments to others. There often isn't a formal path for cross-department promotion. That's relevant for you if you intend to explore new career paths within the company.

10. 5.0

Believe the hype

Aug 18, 2020 - Product Manager in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Zapier treats employees like adults. We have flexible work schedules, a high degree of autonomy to get our work done, and people truly log off and stop working at the end of the day. The company actually lives up to the stated values of transparency and defaulting to action. It's one of the few companies that actually has been as great as it seems from the outside. The management is super open to feedback and acknowledges the places where they aren't experts, and overall everyone has been kind and willing to say "yes" and help with whatever I ask for. Management has been super accommodating during the pandemic for people who need special schedules.

Cons

Zapier has a lot of tools and ways to communicate, so we have many different places where information could live which can make it hard to find documentation. The company is still relatively small and is experiencing some of the normal growing pains of a company scaling quickly such as adjusting to new layers of management and ways decision making. overall leadership is handling it well, but there will always be a few old-timers who are change resistant.

3 people found this review helpful