Cover image for Zapier

70 Comments

Tech

468.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Zapier~1196705
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Building something awesome together!

Nov 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Mission-driven organization - Respect and empathy for customers - Transparent culture - High degree of flexibility for when/where work happens - Big investment in employee learning and growth

Cons

- Typical growing pains that come with scale, but transparent culture helps

Be the first to find this review helpful

Zapier Response

Hi fellow Zapien, Thanks for sharing such positive thoughts about your connection to our mission, values, and culture. It’s great to hear that the transparency and flexibility we do our best to offer all Zapiens is resonating with you, as well as our investment in your professional development! We also appreciate you letting us know that there are areas of opportunity as we continue to grow as a company. You’re welcome to share additional feedback or suggestions on how we’re managing change through our ops suggestion box. Thanks!

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Zapier isn't all that it's hyped up to be, but it's not bad either.

Nov 23, 2022 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

+ Generous WFH stipend + Flexible hours + Decent benefits + Once a year IRL company offsite

Cons

- No checks and balances for bad managers. Why wasn't anyone evaluating their performance or getting feedback from their directs? - 100% WFH culture gets old. There are only so many Slack groups that make you feel like you're connecting with someone when in reality, it's not the same as real life. - Lack of visibility with upper management/executives.

3 people found this review helpful

Zapier Response

Hi fellow Zapien, Thanks for sharing such positive feedback about the flexibility and benefits offered here at Zapier. We agree - the company retreats are always a blast and a great way to build comradery from afar! We appreciate you letting us know that these offerings are highly valued. We also appreciate your feedback regarding performance management. We do our best to support all Zapiens through quarterly check-ins and upward management feedback while also offering an open door to the leadership team, including People Business Partners. We would encourage you to reach out to your manager or your PBP if there are concerns you don’t feel are being addressed. Thank you for also sharing your thoughts on our remote work culture. We realize it can be difficult to work entirely remotely. We’ve implemented company retreats, local meetups (with stipends for food/drinks), and virtual donut chats to make this easier. If you have any suggestions on ways that we can improve in this regard, please send us a note in our anonymous ops suggestion box. Thank you!

3. Join the Zapier team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

Great company and culture

Nov 7, 2022 - Sr. Customer Success Manager in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fully remote company for a decade

Cons

Poor diversity and representation at the executive level

2 people found this review helpful

Zapier Response

Hi fellow Zapien, Thanks for sharing positive feedback about our remote-first culture! We love hearing that this resonates with you. We also appreciate you sharing feedback on ways in which we can improve. With DIBE as our DNA, we remain committed to diversifying our organization with a strong focus on leadership. As a result of our efforts, we’re seeing BIPOC representation increase at the senior leadership level, but we realize we still have a lot of work to do. You’re welcome to share any additional feedback or suggestions anonymously via Zapier’s Ops Suggestion Box or reach out to your People Business Partner. Thanks!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Supportive and empowering place to work

Oct 21, 2022 - Accounting
    Business Outlook

Pros

• Empathetic co-workers • Empowering work to make decision and change • Unlimited PTO and encouragement to take time off • Live work-life balance to avoid burnout • Excellent compensation

Cons

With all hyper growth organizations, you have to be very deliberate in your prioritization and communication to avoid burn out as there is always a lot going on. But it can be done!

Zapier Response

Hi fellow Zapien, Thanks for sharing your feedback with us! We appreciate hearing about your experience and love that empathy, empowerment, flexibility, and compensation are all things that resonate with you. We also appreciate you letting us know how we can improve. We aim to ensure all Zapiens have access to important information through our public slack channels and Async posts, and many of our meetings are offered to keep everyone on the same page while also building relationships from afar, but if you have suggestions on how we could improve in these areas, please let us know. You’re welcome to share your feedback with us anonymously through our ops suggestion box. Thanks!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Zapier - finally a company that stands behind their values and culture!

Sep 30, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company onboarding process is the best I've ever had. Being able to understand the ins and outs not only of the team you are joining, but also the entire company. This includes meeting the founders, being paired up with veteran employees, and taking in a breathe of fresh air as a valued new member of a true team.

Cons

Working on a distributed team can sometimes feel disconnected, but communication and feedback allows for this gap to be filled. And did I mention company retreats?!

Zapier Response

Hi fellow Zapien, Thank you for sharing such positive feedback about your experience with our onboarding process here at Zapier! Our founders, leaders, and Learning and Development Team strive to provide every new Zapien who joins us with an exceptional experience as they get up to speed, and it’s wonderful to hear that we’ve been able to meet your expectations. We also appreciate your feedback about working in a fully distributed environment. We strive to ensure that all Zapiens feel connected to the greater organization through weekly hangouts and Donut chats (as well as company retreats which you mentioned!) but we welcome your suggestions for improvement. Feel free to share your thoughts anonymously via Zapier’s Ops Suggestion Box or let your manager/leadership team know. Thanks!

7. 5.0

I love working at Zapier

Sep 16, 2022 - People Operations
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company is 100% remote, leadership has done a phenomenal job creating a remarkable remote experience that is laser focused on work life balance, flexibility, and autonomy Global company, we are able to hire great talent across the globe The work itself is super interesting and the product of automation is purposeful and mission based. Amazing leadership, because Zapier is self funded it allows the company to truly be people first.

Cons

There is definitely work to be done at the leadership level from a diversity perspective. Because Zapier still operates in a startup mode, onboarding and training is a bit messy. There needs to be more intention on making training work in a remote environment.

2 people found this review helpful

Zapier Response

Hi fellow Zapien, Thanks for sharing such detailed feedback about your experience here at Zapier! It’s great hearing such positive insights into our remote-first culture, our mission and vision, and how leadership operates with a people-first mindset. We appreciate you sharing feedback on ways in which we can improve as well. With DIBE as our DNA, we remain committed to diversifying our organization with a strong focus on leadership. As a result of our efforts, we are seeing BIPOC representation increase at the senior leadership level and while we are very proud of this, we realize we still have a lot of work to do. We also appreciate your feedback on onboarding and training. We’d love to learn more about this and hear any suggestions you might have. You’re welcome to share your thoughts anonymously via Zapier’s Ops Suggestion Box or reach out to your PBP. Thanks!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good

Sep 10, 2022 - Senior Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome work place at zapper

Cons

None at all I love it

Be the first to find this review helpful

Zapier Response

Hi fellow Zapien, Thank you for sharing such positive feedback about your experience here at Zapier! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how much you enjoy being a part of the team. Thank you!

9. 5.0

Values-Driven and Product-Led

Aug 19, 2022 - Technical Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Fully remote culture -Competitive base salary - Product-Led roadmap and hiring planning means high stability and ability to navigate economic lows - Strong, consistent alignment with core values at all levels - Kind, supportive employees with many ways to connect and engage remotely - Complex and difficult problems to solve as the company and products scale

Cons

- Still figuring out effective change management as we scale - No gym reimbursement

5 people found this review helpful

Zapier Response

Hi fellow Zapien, Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us! We truly appreciate hearing what keeps you motivated and excited here at Zapier, as well as areas where you feel we have room to improve. We also appreciate your honest feedback pertaining to change management. Change is inevitable as we scale, but we’d love to hear from you to learn more about how we can improve in this regard. We hope that you will reach out to us and let us know what suggestions you have! The question/suggestion around gym membership is one that continues to come up for our Benefits Team. We are committed to providing equitable, top-tier benefits that everyone at Zapier can access, specifically those that are most impactful to our company wellbeing culture, and while gym memberships aren’t on our current roadmap, it is something we may offer in the future. Thanks again for all of your input and feedback and we hope to hear from you!

10. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great culture, sometimes lacks direction

Aug 22, 2022 - Program Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance, flexibility, good pay

Cons

Unclear how decisions are bade, experiencing growing pains, lack of clear directtion

Zapier Response

Hi fellow Zapien, Thanks for sharing your feedback with us! We love hearing about the things you enjoy most here at Zapier, and we appreciate you sharing feedback on the things you feel we have room to improve. As we continue to grow as an organization, we strive to ensure all Zapiens have clarity around how decisions are made. Our weekly hangouts are meant to keep all Zapiens informed of company-wide initiatives, changes, and progress against our three-year strategy. You’re welcome to share feedback during the AMA section of this meeting! We also hope that our public slack channels, HQ articles, and Async posts give you insight into new company information and updates as well. Feel free to share your feedback with us anonymously through our ops suggestion box, or let your direct manager or your People Business Partner know what suggestions you have to help us improve. Thank you!

11. 5.0

Best job I’ve ever had

Aug 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing culture. People really care.

Cons

No cons! I love working here.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 141 Reviews
</>Embed

Zapier Reviews FAQs

Zapier has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 151 reviews left anonymously by employees. 96% of employees would recommend working at Zapier to a friend and 90% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Zapier employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Zapier. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

96% of Zapier employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Zapier 4.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Zapier to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, management.

Popular Careers with Zapier Job Seekers