Zapier Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Zapier CEO Wade Foster
Wade Foster

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great workplace with more good stuff ahead"

I have been working at Zapier full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is growing quickly and gives you lots of opportunities to try new things, be a part of different types of projects, and have direct access to lots of different teams.

Everyone here values transparency (more than any other company I've worked at before) so it's not difficult to see what teams are working on or learn more about what's going on at the company.

Really humble and smart leadership team, no egos and really seem to want to help everyone be better.

Great benefits especially the 14 week paid parental leave but they also let you choose your own remote setup, mostly Apple products.

Cons

Working remotely takes some time to get used to if you haven't done it before. Everyone at Zapier is good at writing down decisions and weekly updates so anyone, no matter what country you're in, can find out what's going on. The downside to that is that there's so much information that it can be overwhelming.

Like any company that's growing really fast, our direction changes a lot. That can be really exciting for people who don't do well with change, but exciting for other people.

"Join the Rocketship 🚀"

I have been working at Zapier full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- One of, if not the fastest growing SaaS companies in the world. Just crazy growth.
    - Very competent leadership that surround themselves with rockstars. The execs they've brought on are absolute superstars from some top companies.
    - Cross-functional setup with some very competent product leaders... no crappy PMs with zero tech background like I've seen in other places
    - Immense future potential - a market leader in a market that's set to explode in the next 5 years. Opportunity to be at the ground level of a future unicorn.
    - Huge opportunity for growth, relatively flat management structure with ample opportunity to punch above your weight
    - Relatively competitive salaries

Cons

- Overly-strict hiring standards, in some areas, leads to occasional resource bottlenecks (especially in Engineering)
    - Fully remote setup isn't for everyone
    - It's new territory so there's a lot of change... teams sometimes change focus on a dime. It's not a bad thing, that's normal in such a fast environment, just requires you to be willing to be flexible.

Advice to Management

Nothing really - keep it going

"Customer service Representative"

I have been working at Zapier full-time

Pros

Get to work from home

Cons

Salary is really too low

"100% Remote team helps make a great team and culture"

I have been working at Zapier full-time (More than a year)

Pros

By being able to hire from around the world, it means that everyone on the team is excellent at their job. With the focus on remote-first work, we're able to mitigate many of the potential risks.

I get regular recruiter pitches for new opportunities, but I can't imagine going anywhere anytime soon.

All Hands Support means that customer support folks are highly appreciated and helps prove that everyone has a responsibility to help customers.

Seeing Senior Leadership actually take (quite lengthy!) parental leave is a good indicator of work/life balance and benefits.

Profitability without VC ownership means that leadership can really make it a great place for employees.

Cons

If you enjoy being the "best" member of a team, it's a pretty tough road on this team!

The interview process is pretty intense and can be demoralizing if you don't advance for some reason.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! I appreciate your commitment to making Zapier an incredible place to work.

"Sales Associate Review"

I worked at Zapier full-time

Pros

Amazing team and leadership here, they are always there when you need them and they are world class.

Cons

There are no cons, I highly recommend.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work as usual.

"Remote first company with amazing culture"

I have been working at Zapier full-time

Pros

- Remote first company, no office.
    - Great, supportive culture. Not a bunch of "start up bros."
    - Company has a long term outlook, not just trying to make a big exit.
    - Lots of room to grow and wear many hats
    - Good work/life balance. Doesn't want anyone doing 60 hour weeks. (Result oriented)

Cons

Zapier is growing very quickly and navigating that growth is a new and exciting challenge.

Advice to Management

Don't lost sight of what makes Zapier great as it grows!

"Amazing Remote Team"

I have been working at Zapier full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company culture is amazing even when we are 100% remote
    Multiple team retreats every year
    Team members are scattered all over the planet
    Pay you what you're worth even though you are remote

Cons

Some of your responses to questions take awhile since everyone is remote

Advice to Management

Keep living the "remote first" culture

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Zapier full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome, smart, no-ego, collaborative people.
    Great product with a lot of room for improvement - which is good, you have to wear lots of hats.
    If you want a place that challenges you, Zapier is for you. Forget about the comfort zone!
    Awesome work / life balance.

Cons

Remote work is not for everybody, you have to be super communicative.

Advice to Management

C-level execs are great. Good vision, energy and empathy.

Managers could have a hard time executing some goals, is not terrible, just needs more work.

"Super nice, super talented people"

I have been working at Zapier full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people!! The Zapiens make working from home much easier than I expected it to be and they are the probably nicest team I've ever worked with. The work is challenging and everyone helps each other succeed.

Cons

Team size is always growing and there are some growing pains that come along with that.

"Join because it's a fast growing remote company, stay because the culture and leadership are amazing"

I have been working at Zapier full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've never worked at a company where I've been happier. I Initially joined because I thought they had an awesome product, the role seemed like a great fit, and I was keen to work remotely. I was pleasantly surprised by how amazing the culture of the company is. This is primarily due to the amazing and humble leadership of the three founders and the team they've developed. For me it's been a perfect combo, I cannot imagine something better. 100% A++

Cons

Zapier is growing fast. I joined when we were around 30 people and now we're around 130. Lots of things change and there is a certain degree of chaos involved. Some people thrive on that, but if that doesn't sound exciting... it might be a "con" for you.