Zara Reviews | Glassdoor

1,654 reviews

Full-timePart-time

1,654 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Fast paced and there is almost always something to do (in 102 reviews)

• Good pay and I had the incredible experience of having a great team around die to which work was almost always a pleasure (in 72 reviews)

1. "Cashier"

I worked at Zara part-time

Pros

Working at Zara, the pros are viewing nice clothes, making friends that's about it to be honest

Cons

Manager aren't helpful, will train your for 1-2 days and then yo are on your own.. not a good idea

Advice to Management

listen , train cashiers

"Terrible Management"

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Yonkers, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Yonkers, NY

I worked at Zara part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cool coworkers, got along great. it was management that everyone hated to work with. every other day someone was quitting in the middle of their shift.

Cons

bad management, no room for growth, favoritism towards the Hispanic coworkers.

Advice to Management

needs more training, and practice what you preach to your workers. Also, if someone applies for sales position, don't stick them in the cashier and expect them to be great, they never applied for that position.

3. "Associate"

I worked at Zara part-time

Pros

fun coworkers, beautiful store, fashion

Cons

long hours, required shoes give you blisters and you can not purchase your own!

Advice to Management

Work as a team, talk to employees and not at them!

"Customer service"

I worked at Zara part-time

Pros

Aesthetically nice stores/working environment. Nice co-workers and you meet cool people from around the world. Global commission helps in the busy season. Decent uniforms shoes and blazers are provided.

Cons

Not enough hours. No actual training at all, not even a mentor. Employee discount is a laughable 10% . Minimal room for growth. Associates are undervalued. No concern for work life balance when it comes to family.

5. "Sales Associate"

Pros

The equipment is high tech

Cons

Pay is Low
    A very demanding job

6. "Sales associate"

I worked at Zara part-time

Pros

Fast paced and there is almost always something to do. Work is pretty repetitive and remains the same.

Cons

The quality expected is high and at the busiest times can be a very stressful environment. High pressure to sell a lot (but that's the name of the game). Understaffed at times.

7. "Cahier"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Zara full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunities to move up in the company! Enthusiastic and fun people to work with. Great energy!

Cons

Stay out of the drama. There's going to be drama at every place you work and there's no exception here.

"Management is absolutely terrible 10/10 would not recommend"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Zara part-time

Pros

25% discount, commission, nice uniforms, decent salary

Cons

No formal training other than cashier training yet you are expected to do very well, favoritism, poor management, will switch departments without your consent, barely any info is given in the beginning, either overworked or barely any hours

Advice to Management

Give formal training to your employees before you decide to be angry for their short comings

9. "Would not recommend"

Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser

I have been working at Zara full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have pretty good benefits for a retail company. Dental, health, 4 weeks vacation, and sick days. You’ll connect with tons of great hardworking co-workers because you’ll all cry together. Good start to a fashion career. Consistent paycheck.

Cons

The pay is decent for associates because you are worked like dogs. It’d be a good company for someone who loves working and doesn’t mine overtime without getting paid. They have high unrealistic expectations. As a visual you have a lot on your plate being on the sales floor helping customers with your arms full of clothes that your trying to replenish, make time to be a stock associate and back stock everything you have to take off the floor, and help train new employees on standards, fitting room, stock room, etc. You’ll get huge shipments in which you have to pretty much backstock everything on the floor and have no room in the stockroom. You’re expected to work over 40 hours. I really don’t know how some people have put up with this company for so long, other than they probably moved up and feel the need to give back to them. The upper regional team is a joke, they don’t care about their employees who work so hard for this company. They believe working you until exhaustion is okay because of their benefits and that you should be honored to be apart of Zara when honestly they should be happy they actually have associates that put up with this.

All in all, you’re overworked and underpaid and not once will hear someone say they love their job, and the employees from other stores are always terrible with a bad attitude probably because they feel the same. I wish I never would have joined this rabbit hole of fast fashion.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees and hire more people so your good ones will actually stay.

"Not the best experience."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Arlington, VA

I worked at Zara part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Met some of the worlds sweetest people as far as customers are concerned even received more opportunities job wise from customers than my employer.

Cons

Management was horrible employees came and went in a short span of time, never received my employee discount after being there for a total of 5 months, never received direct deposit after being there for 5 months, and management moved on their time would have us wait 10-15 minuets for them to check us out after clocking out for the day and some of us were on metro so there was a possibility you would miss the last train waiting on them. Also didn’t receive proper training.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to treat ALL of your employees with respect and make them feel appreciated and apart of the team and not just a select few. My advice would also be to be more hands on as far as training is concerned instead of throwing the newcomers out to sink or swim.

Showing 1,654 of 1,706 reviews