- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- Indonesia - All Cities
- - West Java
- - Jakarta, Indonesia Area
- - Bogor, West Java
- United States - All Cities
- - Texas
- - Dallas-Fort Worth, TX Area
- - Dallas, TX
- - Plano, TX
- - Fort Worth, TX
- - New York State
- - New York City, NY Area
- - New York, NY
- - Missouri
- - Jefferson City, MO Area
- - Jefferson City, MO
- - Oregon
- - Portland, OR Area
- - Portland, OR
- India - All Cities
- - Telangana
- - Hyderabad, India Area
- - Hyderābād
Found 30 of over 38 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Management is also fantastic, and is very invested in the success and wellbeing of employees." (in 4 reviews)
- "Collaborate and Engaged Coworkers" (in 3 reviews)
- "This company has the best culture I've seen." (in 3 reviews)
- "Leadership has been great, and I've received more help than I could ever ask for." (in 3 reviews)
- "The company culture is great and has remained the same even after its considerable growth." (in 3 reviews)
- "Benefits are getting there." (in 5 reviews)
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Nov 23, 2022 - Software ConsultantRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- The company culture is great and has remained the same even after its considerable growth. - Full remote work - Unlimited PTO - Ample access to training resources - Transparent Org Chart / Career tracks - Collaborate and Engaged Coworkers
Benefits are getting there. Though this shouldn't be a surprise given the age of the company.Continue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Oct 25, 2022 - Software ConsultantRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I love the approach this company takes to just about everything. While this review could be very long, I will focus on the two items that are unique in my experience. 1. Leadership - I don't feel like I have a "boss," rather I feel like I have guides who check in regularly, are always available, provide positive and encouraging feedback and makes sure that I have what I need to be successful. Through their actions, I know my Leadership Team cares for Team Members. Whether it's getting to know who we are and putting us with Clients that are a good fit or making sure we take needed time from work to be with family, they live a value at Zeal - "Lead with Kindness." 2. Growth - When I first came to Zeal, I had experience but not the certifications that someone with my experience typically has. Before, I did not work in organizations that valued that growth. Zeal prioritizes employee growth by providing opportunities to earn certifications as well as access to courses to grow your knowledge base. There's also an amazing concept called Zeal Labs that offers additional opportunities for learning and contributing in a unique way.
While I really thought about this hard, I cannot thing of anything to note here. When I hired on, their 401k match wasn't great, but that's been improved in the time I've been here.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Oct 24, 2022 - Anonymous in Fort Worth, TXRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
No positives at this company
Bad leadership. Look elsewhere please
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Aug 21, 2022 - Software ConsultantRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
While a lot of companies claim that culture is a top priority, Zeal is one that actually practices what they preach. From my first day, I've felt welcomed, supported, motivated, and empowered. I also appreciate how project teams feel like family.
No cons experienced thus far
- Current Employee★★★★★Jul 25, 2022 - Software EngineerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Super supportive staff that will help you grow in every way - Actually cares for employees and will check up on you
- Cant think of any
- Current Employee★★★★★Jul 20, 2022 - Software EngineerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great company culture! This is a company that actually cares about their employees and it shows throughout the organization. Everyone is so connected and transparent and genuine - makes it a place where you actually enjoy and want to do the work.
Benefits arent the greatest - still fairly smaller company so its understandable. Bonuses arent set.
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Jun 20, 2022 - Software EngineerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Freedom to work at your own pace. No micro management Room for growth if you're willing to put yourself out there
If you want to be an individual contributor. Its hard to grow in the company. If your skillset grows - what you can work on is still determined by the work that comes to the company. SO you either lead a team - or you're kind of stuck. Other than that - its a great place to be.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Jun 17, 2022 - Director of Software Engineering in Portland, ORRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Excellent culture for those with entrepreneurial spirit. My first-contact recruiter was a successful entrepreneur who started her company while at Zeal, and with their support, which really set the tone. The group I interviewed with was high energy and diverse. A personal call from the CEO which resulted in a better compensation package in exchange for more responsibility sealed the deal. Within my first months I was given the opportunity to help close new business, lead a project and reach out beyond my initial project into others, and given a healthy raise. I genuinely feel like my current position was tailored to both my skillset and how I chose to exercise it. As I demonstrated new skills, I was given the chance to use them, and then rewarded for them immediately. You sort of get what you give here, but literally, and quickly, and without having to beg or do tricks for it. Your experience here will largely be what you make it. There are opportunities here for leadership (which is not just extra work, it comes with a very innovative and lucrative compensation mechanism that scales for effective, technical leaders) unlike anything I've encountered in a >2 decade career in the industry. The company also employs, mentors and develops Jr. Engineers in a real and holistic way, which is something I appreciate it. This results in an enthusiastic team that is properly incentivized by both culture and compensation. I am actively recruiting from my network to come and join me here, which is one of the highest compliments I can pay a workplace.
Having fairly recently made the switch from a local company to a national, remote one they still operate mostly in their own timezone, which can create scheduling problems for late sleepers and people particular about when they take lunch (which includes me in both cases, but I make do, the advantages far outweigh the annoyance).Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★May 21, 2022 - Software Engineer in Dallas, TXRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Zeal Provides: - Challenging and rewarding work - Ample opportunity to grow/accelerate your skills+career - Awesome people to work with who are kind, smart, and always willing to help - Fully remote working opportunities - Competitive salaries - An extremely generous PTO policy - Regularly held socials / company parties - A CEO who truly cares about his employees
- 401K matching is on the lower side
- Current Employee★★★★★May 10, 2022 - Software EngineerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Zeal promotes a culture of kindness and openness. Interactions with my Co Workers are simply pleasant if not simply fun. Asking for help is rewarded instead of discouraged. David the CEO is easy to talk to and actively cares about his employees, often going out of the way to explain executive level thinking and going out of his way to help us grow.
It is a small but quickly growing company, this can lead to the managers having to much on their plate.
Zeal IT Consultants Reviews FAQs
Zeal IT Consultants has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 38 reviews left anonymously by employees. 79% of employees would recommend working at Zeal IT Consultants to a friend and 74% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 11% over the last 12 months.
79% of Zeal IT Consultants employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Zeal IT Consultants 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.