Zeal IT Consultants Reviews

Updated Feb 9, 2021

4.9
Zeal IT Consultants Principals David Thach and Kijana Woodard (no image)
David Thach and Kijana Woodard
  1. 5.0
    Current Contractor, more than 1 year

A fantastic culture of empowerment

Jan 26, 2021 - Software Architect in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Zeal attracts and retains top talent by empowering its employees and partners to pursue their own entrepreneurial ambitions while providing them with a network of likeminded individuals.

Cons

I would not recommend Zeal to someone who wants to be a faceless 9-5 individual contributor.

2. 5.0

The Best Job I've Ever Had

Jul 7, 2020 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best part about working at Zeal is the people. The employees at Zeal are knowledgable, skilled, friendly, hard working, and very enjoyable to be around. The company fosters a culture of lifting each other up, and everyone is always eager to help each other. Senior employees value and listen to the input of more junior employees, which promotes a culture of growth, respect, and inclusiveness. Zeal has regular social events for employees, and I always look forward to them. Management is also fantastic, and is very invested in the success and wellbeing of employees. Zeal leadership goes above and beyond to make sure that employees have the tools they need to succeed, and take a personal interest in cultivating and recognizing success. Employees at Zeal do not have to wonder if they are doing a good job. They will be told they are doing a good job. Furthermore, Management also trusts employees to excel at their jobs, and provides helpful guidance and direction while still encouraging employee autonomy. Engineers are trusted to know how to do their jobs effectively. The work is also very enjoyable. Consulting creates a fast paced environment where people typically don't work on the same project for too long. This means that there is a constant stream of new assignments and technologies, which keeps work fresh and exciting. The work/life balance is great too. I seldom work more than 40 hours per week, and when I do work more, it is by personal choice. Compensation and benefits for full time employees are also excellent.

Cons

There are no downsides to working at Zeal.

3. 5.0
    Current Freelancer, more than 1 year

Awesome Company

Dec 1, 2020 - Software Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people, the projects and the compensation is great!

Cons

Everything is virtual right now and we cannot interact in person

4. 5.0

Genuinely, intelligent, supportive humans

Jul 31, 2020 - Software Developer in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The tech, product and business conversations are really insightful and I'm learning a lot.

Cons

Requires a mindset shift from working in corporate America.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Zeal hires intelligent engineers from diverse backgrounds that are fun to be around

Jan 31, 2019 - Software Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Ability to choose and influence design/architecture decisions as a software engineer. - Zeal values its engineers and knows their worth. Management places a lot of trust in our expertise. - Intelligent coworkers, high level of software engineering talent. - Remote work opportunities and revenue sharing depending on project. - Regular company sponsored outings/dinners/events - Opportunity to grow professionally The biggest thing I like about Zeal is the culture. We're all encouraged to have a founder's mentality while maintaining work-life balance. (40 hours/week and remote work options) Not sure how they did it, but management has somehow hired only incredibly smart people who are also just great to be around (if you're from the software field, you know how hard this can be). Every developer here has their own story and background, some have CS degrees, and some have more non-traditional backgrounds. The diversity in background and the ability to recruit great software engineering talent has created a strong culture in the company.

Cons

I would love for us to move more towards working out of a central Zeal headquartered location at some point.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company culture and opportunities for growth

Feb 3, 2019 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Zeal has been incredibly fun. The projects are interesting and fast-paced, and you, as a developer, get autonomy over your own work. I've learned so much from working at Zeal, and the company culture is great! My coworkers are extremely skilled and helpful, and I really enjoy our social events. As consultants, it's also nice getting to be involved in different fields/industries. They are very flexible with your schedule and are super easy folks to work with.

Cons

No downsides working with Zeal.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best place I've ever worked at

Oct 11, 2018 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working here has been the best place I've ever had the pleasure to work at. I'm given the tools and opportunities to expand my skillset and work on challenging and interesting projects. The people and culture of the people at Zeal is one that fosters collaboration and camaraderie between its employees. I never feel like I'm being grinded or that I can't ask questions if I have them. Management is open to communication and always willing to help if there is an issue.

Cons

I have not had any downsides working for Zeal

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome, forward thinking place to work. Best team I’ve ever had!

Jan 30, 2019 - Software Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great employees - Competitive pay - Flexible hours - Resourceful people - Company socials & dinners - Many more!

Cons

I Can’t think of anything

9. 5.0

Amazing Company

Apr 23, 2018 - IT Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the best people in the industry I've worked with and very talented individuals. Very supportive of growth in other skill sets and facilitate a great working environment. CEO's are involved and accessible, truly an open door policy!

Cons

I found this company after years of working, wish I found them sooner! :)

10. 5.0

Great Culture and Team

Apr 25, 2018 - Software Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Variety of skills sets to learn from other team member. - Great employment opportunities. - Flexible hours. - Great group of people to work with.

Cons

- Dont take me out to dinner is much as I'd like... other than that I dont have any :)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Reviews