Zel Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Jack L. Ezzell, Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company to be a part of"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hurlburt Field, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hurlburt Field, FL

I have been working at Zel Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Time off, small company, no corporate red tape, family like atmosphere

Cons

Only get 9 federal holidays, rather then 10 that most other companies get, but, we receive higher PTO accrual rates so it pretty much makes up for it.

2. "Electrical Engineer"

I have been working at Zel Technologies full-time

Pros

Great Culture, Nice Management and salary

Cons

Average Benefits, could improve 401k match

3. "Terrible company to work for"

Current Employee - Analyst in Hurlburt Field, FL
    Current Employee - Analyst in Hurlburt Field, FL

I have been working at Zel Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Mission, connections, time off, location, and maintain clearance.

Cons

Pay, benefits, lack of communication, no incentive to work hard, management does not care, refusal to reward high performers, and lack of action against those who have been recognized as detrimental to mission.

Advice to Management

Lose the next contract or start paying the employees according to the jobs they do, not how many years of unrelated experience they have. Promote people who can answer tough questions and don’t run from subordinates. Stop lying to employees about looking out for their interests, pay, and benefits.

Apr 6, 2018 – Program Manager

I am sorry you feel this way about the company and our contract, but I would like to clarify some things with you about your complaints. I am disappointed that you feel as though we are lying to our... More

"Tenuous"

Former Employee - Engineer in Cape Canaveral, FL
    Former Employee - Engineer in Cape Canaveral, FL

I worked at Zel Technologies (More than a year)

Pros

The job is in Florida, however short it may be.

Cons

High turnover for experienced technical professionals. Cape Canaveral site is a hostile workplace, those who disagree with the government are gone in short order. Military and government personnel lack in depth technical experience and do not accept advise from experienced contract personnel. Zeltech site lead will not support you, do not accept a job here without a backup plan.

Advice to Management

support your employees.

"Intelligence Analyst"

I have been working at Zel Technologies full-time

Pros

Panama schedule, easy work, very laid back, no experience required

Cons

Terrible pay, drama, no growth potential, no incentive to upgrade, no hired experience, a lot of unqualified employees

Advice to Management

Focus on paying your employees more. They're the reason why the contract is being able to be fulfilled on a daily basis, and why the customers receive the support that they do. Giving better pay would encourage employees to actually care about what they do. Also setting a higher standard for employment would work wonders. Having a requirement of only intelligence experience does nothing for the mission as the employees are not qualified on doing any type of analysis. The basic skills of just operating a computer are not even met by some of the employees, and they have to be trained. Provide some sort of pre-requisite test* for using Microsoft Office suite and/or basic typing test.

Feb 9, 2018 – Director, ISR Programs

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback. I welcome you to come by the Program Management Office (PMO) any time to discuss your concerns. I admit that I am disheartened by your comment of... More

"Superb Managment"

I have been working at Zel Technologies full-time

Pros

The leaderships works hard to support their employees

Cons

Benefits are somewhat limited in terms of compensation

"One of the best companies I have worked for."

Former Employee - Imagery Analyst/Instructor in Hurlburt Field, FL
    Former Employee - Imagery Analyst/Instructor in Hurlburt Field, FL

I worked at Zel Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Program Manager is best I have worked for. They also do a good job of selecting solid lower level supervisors, i.e, direct supervisor, team leader. I loved all of my supervisors. My direct supervisor was also one of the best I have ever had. They praise you when you do well, and let you know when you fall short. The Shalimar location (Hurlburt Field contract) is also a great place for less experienced analyst to gain work experience. You can't beat the location either! Destin, Fort Walton Beach, Navarre Beach, Pensacola Beach, all very close and where workers reside; so, its within driving distance. Personally, I had some issues arise where I had to essentially miss for over a month. The management worked with me so well and I came back to work with all of the support you could ask for. You could tell they legitimately cared about my well being. I would still be working there if my personal issues hadn't taken precedent.

Cons

Health Care benefit premiums - specifically family - were outrageous at my time of employment (2015 - 2016). I know they were doing their best to rectify the issue, so it is possible they are much lower. Any other cons were at the hands of the government and not Zel's fault. It is a government contract; that's the way it is. Some people (contractors) do not have the ability (or don't care to) distinguish the two, in my experience.

Advice to Management

My direct supervisor (whose name I will not say, but last name rhymes with door) and Program Manager (whose last name rhymes with skewer), keep doing what you are doing. That also goes to the management between the two as well. Thanks for making my time there pleasant.

Jun 9, 2017 – Program Manager

Thank you very much for your kind words. To update your information posted, our benefits did in fact improve at the beginning of 2017. They are now more industry competitive and our leave pools have... More

"Great career builder"

Former Employee - Customer Service Technician in Hampton, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Technician in Hampton, VA

I worked at Zel Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great leadership and good coworkers!!!

Cons

I was of the few hourly employees

"Collection Manager"

I worked at Zel Technologies full-time

Pros

Take amazing care of personnel, both in compensation and in treatment.

Cons

There were no cons during my tenure.

"Excellent Small Business with Employee Career Focus"

Pros

Being a smaller business, employees voices, opinions actually matter and are heard my management and corporate leadership.

Pay is competitive in core areas with good benefits.

Management in our sector is focused on helping employees expand their careers.

Diversity of work shows staying power and that the company has an eye towards the future.

Cons

Holiday leave is mismatched by one day versus our government customer (9 vs 10 holidays). We have been told that the company is working on changing this.

ZelTech appears to have some growing pains with constant process improvement but corporate leadership is working hard at making the right improvements to policy and processes ultimately benefiting the employee.

Advice to Management

Keep asking, learning, and listening to your employees as this has led to an improved work environment and better overall work experience.

Try not to lose the "ZelTech as a family" perspective as this mindset maintains focus on what is truly important and that is your employees.