KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Zelis and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Lovely Company

Jun 22, 2022 - Customer Experience Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, great PTO policy, good work/ life balance.

Cons

None that I can really think of.

2. 4.0

Pretty Good With A High Workload

Aug 9, 2022 - Information Technology Specialist in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

To make it clear, my department is rather insulated and keeps to itself. I have great managers that are hardworking and great at explaining things, along with being understanding and flexible. The remote option is great, and I received a sizeable performance raise after a really hard year. I feel very appreciated where I am! We have also switched to a flexible (unlimited) time off structure and have employer paid short term disability. Recently the higher ups have also been going ham on diversity with Business Resource Groups and especially Pride Month activities.

Cons

Most folks are too busy to train well, and the documentation can be difficult to understand. There is SO MUCH to know that it will easily take over a year for you to feel like you know anything at all about how things operate with the in-house software. I also frequently feel like there is a "one hand doesn't know what the other is doing" sort of atmosphere with the rest of the company. Workload is high - frequently I'm doing work outside of hours and rarely get a real lunch period.

3 people found this review helpful

Zelis Response

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at Zelis here on Glassdoor. We are proud to have the best talent in the industry and we’re glad you’re enjoying the collaborative culture we invest in at Zelis. We are committed to building a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable organization with people that inspire one other to bring unique perspectives and experiences to work. In fact, our business resource groups (BRG) including Zelis Pride, Women of Zelis, Veterans of Zelis help provide open and safe forums for Zelots to come together and share lived experiences and speak up about critical topics. We strive to build a culture of advocacy and allyship and hope to encourage inclusion at all levels of our organization. Zelis is on a journey to becoming an industry leader in healthcare payments and that starts with our amazing people. Thank you for being part of Zelis.

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Turnover

Sep 26, 2022 - Human Resources
    Business Outlook

Pros

Summer Fridays and great people

Cons

Lots of turnover, slow to change

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

great company

Sep 13, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

great culture strong leadership empowering and results oriented

Cons

maintaining growth requires long hours

Zelis Response

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at Zelis here on Glassdoor. We are proud to have the best talent in the industry and we’re glad you enjoyed the collaborative culture we invest in at Zelis. One of our core values is “Champion collaboration” and we believe we are stronger when we work as one team. We’re happy to hear you connected with our people and values. We truly appreciate your years of service at Zelis and we’re so glad you enjoyed your experience working with us. We wish you the best in your future career endeavors and we hope you bring a little bit of Zelis with you wherever you go.

5. 2.0

Underhanded

Sep 16, 2022 - Network Analyst in Overland Park, KS
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home policy. Friendly coworkers.

Cons

No support, feedback or help from management or “mentors. “ They will gladly throw you under the bus. They stole accrued pto from salaried employees and instituted flex pto

2 people found this review helpful

Zelis Response

Through our hiring processes, we are committed to finding the best people to carry on our mission and values across Zelis. We are proud of our talent, especially our leaders that work hard to support associates in their professional and personal endeavors. That being said, thank you for sharing your comments- we truly appreciate your thoughts. We strive for continuous improvement and learning and your feedback helps us identify these areas. If you would like to discuss your experiences further, please feel free to reach out to us directly at PeopleandCulture@Zelis.com.

6. 4.0

Great Company

Sep 2, 2022 - Client Experience Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great working environment, many opportunities for advancement.

Cons

None really. Supporting clients with systems that error occasionally.

Zelis Response

We are so glad you’re enjoying the wide range of growth opportunities we offer here at Zelis. Thank you for sharing your thoughts- we truly appreciate it. At Zelis, we are dedicated to improving the lives of our fellow Zelots in all aspects, including in career and personal development. Continuous education leads to continuous improvement and that’s pretty important to us. Through our learning channels, we offer classes and seminars that help make learning a daily habit for our associates. We’re pleased to hear about your learning experience here at Zelis – thank you for all that you do.

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Decent Culture, Severely Underpaying

Aug 4, 2022 - Anonymous/Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Summer hours are year round which is nice -Opportunity to gain experience is also a plus

Cons

- HR and upper management will do everything except correct the pay structure. Even when brought comparative data they just ignore it while constantly spouting how much they care. Get your experience and get out.

3 people found this review helpful

Zelis Response

Thank you for your feedback on compensation at Zelis. At Zelis, we strive to offer competitive benefits packages for our fellow Zelots, including medical/vision/dental benefits and a 401K plan. With this, we are committed to consistently benchmarking against our peers. If you have specific questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us directly at PeopleandCulture@zelis.com.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent place to work, rapid growth

Jul 30, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

In touch leadership Excellent senior leadership team Extremely smart people

Cons

Some silos remain, but teams working to address

Zelis Response

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at Zelis here on Glassdoor. We are proud to have the best talent in the industry and we’re glad you’re enjoying the collaborative culture we invest in at Zelis. One of our core values is “Champion collaboration” and we believe we are stronger when we work as one team. We’re happy to hear you connected with our people and values. Zelis is on a journey to becoming an industry leader in healthcare payments and that starts with our amazing people. Thank you for being part of Zelis.

9. 4.0

Great Company with some Stressful Moments

Jul 4, 2022 - Jr. Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work schedule Great compensation Not a lot of micro managing in my experience Remote work opportunities

Cons

Depending on the team you are on, work can be very time sensitive and stressful sometimes, but as long as you are consistently updating with your progress and communicating well, you will get along just fine.

Zelis Response

Thank you for your positive feedback on Glassdoor – we truly appreciate it! At Zelis, we strive to offer competitive benefits packages for our fellow Zelots, including medical/vision/dental benefits and a 401K plan. With this, we are committed to consistently benchmarking against our peers. Along with health and wellness benefits, our ZelisCares Wellness Program includes financial planning and career-development benefits that we urge our Zelots to take advantage of. Thank you for all that you do at Zelis!

10. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great Company

Jul 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company cares about employees and fosters internal growth

Cons

Struggling to fill open positions causing current employees to take on additional tasks

Viewing 1 - 10 of 243 Reviews

Zelis Reviews FAQs

Zelis has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 252 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at Zelis to a friend and 65% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Zelis employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Zelis. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

71% of Zelis employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Zelis 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Zelis to be culture, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be career development, management, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Zelis Job Seekers