KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 189 of over 193 reviews

3.3
Zelis CEO Amanda Eisel
Amanda Eisel
Pros
  • "Summer hours, people actually working(in 17 reviews)

• "Since the company is growing rapidly, there are always job openings(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Rapid inorganic growth coupled with organic growth can be challenging to absorb but with the right people in place these growing pains will dissipate(in 9 reviews)

• "very cut throat upper management(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Zelis and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Sep 15, 2021 - Junior Claims Associate in Bedminster, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great People Great Management Fun Enviroment

Cons

Under Staffed not applicable not applicable not applicable

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Exciting company in midst of transformation

Oct 1, 2021 - Vice President, Marketing in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Accepting and positive culture, energized leadership, embracing hybrid/remote workplace which allows us to find and hire talent nationwide

Cons

Still too light on benefits (remote stipend, parental leave, medical plan, etc.), but making progress with new leadership

2 people found this review helpful
    3. 4.0

A great place to work

Sep 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pros are that there is some flexibility in work from home vs. in the office, everybody is extremely kind. There's the occasional catered lunch during the week and amenities in the building is pretty wonderful. Lots of buzz and new things happening, keeps it fresh.

Cons

The onbording process is a nightmare. Even up until the night before my first day, I did not know if I was working remotely or in the office and no one seemed to know either. It was hard to get a straight forward answer. It's not abundantly clear what the chain of command is, so trying to find the right person to go to with questions is difficult until you start learning who people are. This just may be due to the size of the company, but some clearer guidelines would greatly help. There's always change going on, so if you don't like that, this may not be the place for you.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Payments is great to work for

Sep 3, 2021 - Specialist in Saint Petersburg Beach, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve worked for Zelis for a few years now in the St Pete (formerly clearwater) office and I can confidently say that I’m the happiest now with my employment. Of course with covid many things have changed from when I was initially hired, but working remotely has greatly improved my work/life balance the past year and a half and improved my mental health. Although I don’t see my team in person, I feel like we all work together well and enjoy hearing from each other throughout the week. We are not micromanaged and I enjoy meeting with my boss to go over current projects and discuss my personal growth. There has never been a time that my boss has not been able to squeeze me into their schedule to discuss things if I have needed assistance or guidance. The past 3 years I’ve been given multiple opportunities for advancement and have been able to show my value as an employee, especially knowing a good amount of my suggestions have been implemented. If you have good ideas, there are many people willing to hear what you have to say regardless of your level in the company and they often hold contests to help come up with new ideas. A few other things I’ve enjoyed: - Focus on employee career growth - The new St Pete office is beautiful: Twice a week lunch is ordered for those in the office - Summer hours: paid for by the company - The PTO package: I have more PTO than my friends at other companies, including sick days, and other paid holidays - The yearly holiday party is one of my favorite things I’m hoping we will be able to have again this year - Frequent gatherings with other employees/teams - I love that our new CEO is someone who has collaborated with the company in the past and not some “random” that was hired. (Big plus to finally have a female CEO!)

Cons

There have been a lot of changes in the past year and a half. Lots are to be expected, but sometimes it feels like changes are happening and not necessarily being relayed from upper management to employees well with what the long term intent is. We’ve had a lot of turnover with HR which has caused confusion, but now that we have a new HR things have felt much more stable overall. There have been a good amount of organizational changes, but it’s important to keep in mind that we are still a very small, but quickly growing company and goals are likely to change over time. If you are not open to change, Zelis may not be the best fit for you long term. Those who have been able to adapt are truly the ones who have been able to flourish at Zelis over the past few years.

3 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Culture

Sep 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture!! Almost tech start up like!

Cons

I can’t think of any

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Growing company

Aug 31, 2021 - Client Experience Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Zelis is a fast growing company with a bright future. A recent survey was conducted and management is working hard to implement changes to improve employee morale.

Cons

Workload is very heavy and the number of clients per employee is too high.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Company still expanding

Aug 28, 2021 - Client Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is a plethora of opportunities within the company to develop and implement new strategies.

Cons

The processes are not always conducive to seamless resolutions

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Still a great company to work for

Aug 19, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people. High growth, dynamic workplace. If you work hard, the sky is the limit. There are ZERO barriers for advancement. This is not place for low performers. The benefits are some of the best in the industry.

Cons

No cons. It is a growing company and change is inevitable.

9. 1.0

Performative allyship

Sep 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home option, work life balance

Cons

Say they care about diversity and inclusion, only promote those who are white. They don’t even report their recruitment statistics in diversity. The only thing diverse about this company is sticking it on a pamphlet or use it as a buzz word in town hall meetings.

4 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to start your career

Aug 12, 2021 - Junior Software Engineer in Saint Petersburg, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great teammates, Flexible work times and Hard working development team. I feel like I belong here and grow with the team!

Cons

I can't think of one till date. You should be ready to accept challenges. If you are someone who learns with a little push then Zelis will be a great place for you to work!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 189 Reviews