Zellman Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Stuart Levine

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Former Employer"

I worked at Zellman Group full-time

Pros

Great team work and coworkers. Management was also very friendly and involved. Flexible work schedule.

Cons

You are constantly taking or making calls to pursue individuals for civil penalties. I had difficult calls multiple times on a daily basis. It is similar to collections which was not my cup of tea

2. "good/bad"

I worked at Zellman Group full-time

Pros

good pay and challenging work

Cons

poor leadership. cannot brig in and keep new customers

3. "Zellman Group"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenvale, NY

I worked at Zellman Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive pay, good vacation, flexible work schedule

Cons

no communication to the employees - they never share what is going on and then you just get blindsided with everything all at once. Does not make for a comfortable or welcoming environment

Advice to Management

Communicate to your team and don't keep them in the dark and the blindside them with a layoff or such

"Sweat and tears and all I got was this lousy post..."

I worked at Zellman Group full-time

Pros

Some good people and customers. Close to good food. Has an interesting sister company. Entertaining to watch if you can not take yourself or discrimination/sexism/harassment too seriously. Good opportunity to learn and prepare you for almost anything.

Cons

Benefits are terrible. Vision and business approach generally lack goodness. People, all of them, are pawns to the business. Technically inept despite desired industry presence.

Advice to Management

The unexamined life is not worth living.

"Clearly, these previous reviews are fake!"

I worked at Zellman Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most of the co-workers were nice.

Cons

There are too many to count...just don't go even consider.

Advice to Management

Sell

6. "We are our values"

I have been working at Zellman Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The biggest pro for TZG is the management's willingness to let employees succeed. Throughout my time here I've seen many employees given opportunities to work in other departments to help them further their contributions to the company and grow personally and professionally. The fact that opportunities for movement are available to current employees instead of focusing on hiring from outside the company shows that the management are willing to reward an employee for good work.

Cons

Even though we have mostly high profile clients, we remain a small company. Sometimes I feel it affects employee morale to hear some of the big names when we don't necessarily function in the same ways some of our clients can. Sometimes it is stressful trying to keep up with big business, corporate expectations when you function within the limitations of a smaller company.

Advice to Management

Our management does a great job of holding everybody to our core values. Those standards that have been set are a direct reflection of management's commitment to doing business the right way. Those values are reflected in the services we provide.

7. "Recovery Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenvale, NY

I worked at Zellman Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company offered good benefits and flexible working hours. I was going to school and have a family. My supervisor spent time with me each week during a one on one review, I learned a lot from The Zellman Group and the staff.

Cons

Overall I do not have anything to add.

Advice to Management

The management team seems to work very well together and helps each other when needed, The management staff was always recognizing the staff for a job well done.

8. "Fantastic Company"

I have been working at Zellman Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked for Zellman over 2 years now and can proudly say that I love my job! The management and executive team is outstanding and some of the most down to earth people you'll meet. Your ideas and creativity is welcomed and always met with positive feedback.

Cons

Work loads can be heavy at times, but that is something you should expect when dealing with multiple clients. Working remotely can be isolating, but that's of no fault of the company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! Obviously I can only speak for myself, but for me, the grass was definitely greener on the other side!

9. "Great Place To Work"

I have been working at Zellman Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Gives the ability to work independently without having someone breathing down your neck all the time. Monthly Incentive program, games, and yearly Holiday and Summer parties are a great added touch by management to get everyone together and blow off some steam. Ping Pong Table and Putt Putt golf are also a great way to blow off steam during lunch or quick 15 minute break.

Cons

Can be a little stressful at times with the work load and deadlines, but that comes with any job that deals with multiple clients. Time definitely goes by faster when we are busy. Can't complain about that...

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! 2016 is going to be an epic year for TZG.

10. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenvale, NY

Pros

I enjoyed working for the company. Overall the staff is very friendly and always willing to help.

Cons

I wish the building had child care in it.