Cover image for Zendesk

Found 767 of over 1K reviews

3.8
Zendesk Interim Chief Executive Officer   Tom Eggemeier
Tom Eggemeier

What people are saying about Zendesk

Join the conversation on

Tech

467.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Zendesk~360923
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "There are a lot of teams to help you get the answers you need and there are some really great people who work here.(in 183 reviews)
  • "As above Zendesk has a great culture based on it's people and trying to do the right thing.(in 146 reviews)
  • "Also wellbeing benefits are great(in 102 reviews)
  • "Flexibility and great work life balance(in 82 reviews)
  • "Good salaries and packages.(in 40 reviews)
Cons
  • "Bad management for the Latam region(in 44 reviews)
  • "Lack of experience that some managers have who may be out of their depth?(in 28 reviews)
  • "Senior leadership is out of touch and need to align what they say the businesses goals are with the strategic decisions they are making.(in 26 reviews)
  • "Upper management and HR were aware of this said manager's behavior, but did not show any support to the employees affected by this.(in 11 reviews)
  • "no 401k matching at this time(in 11 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Zendesk and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years
    Featured Review

Definite Change in Company, Remaining Hopeful

Aug 24, 2022 - Engineering in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Community: In my few years here, I have enjoyed working with my peers and leaders - Awareness: In my experience, leaders and managers have been self aware and can admit when they mess up - Reason to be hopeful: the past few months have been quite tumultuous for the company, but I feel the people here are still supportive of our products and they impact they have for our customers.

Cons

- Lack in process: It feels like both at the company-level and team level, processes are broken and old habits are difficult to change - Distrust in leadership: After acquisition drama, there is a general sense of distrust in our top leadership

3 people found this review helpful

Zendesk Response

Thank you for your thoughts. As we embark on a new journey as a private company we hope to solidify our processes globally and provide visibility on our leadership focus and direction moving forward.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work at

Sep 9, 2022 - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything was great. Enjoyed my experience

Cons

Nothing. I grew as an individual

3. Join the Zendesk team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Decent Salary with Decent Benefits

Dec 6, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Madison, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

60th Percentile for Pay Good work Good WLB

Cons

No concensus on a decision Vague promotion standards Compensation is 20% less compared to peers

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good company to work but with some things to improve.

Dec 1, 2022 - Customer Advocate in Ireland, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Nice atmosphere - Good benefits and salary. - Team activities, even remotely. - You can manage your own work without anyone pushing.

Cons

- Stress because the lack of training and time to study, and no one to ask or help. - Not allowed to help others because you lose time to pass probation. - Some managers not the best emphasizing and not treating people equally, most of the people thought that.

Zendesk Response

We want to thank you for bringing this to our attention. We're sorry you feel your training wasn't adequate. We will pass along your feedback and advice to leadership and the onboarding team.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great Place to work

Dec 2, 2022 - Outbound Research Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture Good Benefits Work Life Balance

Cons

Recent Layoffs Lack of Internal Mobility

7. 4.0

Great Culture, Leadership Could be Stronger

Nov 1, 2022 - Senior Manager, Operations in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Zendesk has some of the best and most collaborative people I've ever worked with. People are always willing to help and care about you as a person. Truly exceptional!

Cons

Leadership could be stronger as its unclear how the company is transitioning from a startup to a truly large company. The CEO feels a bit all over the place and maybe not the right fit for this stage.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people, a little chaotic

Oct 13, 2022 - Senior Business Systems Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good pay - Re-charge Fridays / 2nd Friday per mo. - Nice co-workers - Unlimited PTO - within reason - Progressive company - not afraid to advocate for minorities

Cons

- "Digital First" philosophy often feels like "don't bug me with any questions" - Large turnover, poor/no hand-off - Difficult to navigate your way in/through this organization - Need to refine their digital-only workplace

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good WLB

Nov 14, 2022 - Marketing in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good WLB Nice people Remote first

Cons

Unclear company strategy Uncertain future

10. 4.0

Good but not great

Nov 5, 2022 - Renewals Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance, benefits and culture

Cons

Head count, pay, growth with out processes

11. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good company

Nov 9, 2022 - Treasury Analyst in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Fired a lot of people last minute

Viewing 1 - 10 of 767 Reviews
</>Embed

Zendesk Reviews FAQs

Zendesk has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 1,392 reviews left anonymously by employees. 79% of employees would recommend working at Zendesk to a friend and 65% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Zendesk employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Zendesk. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

79% of Zendesk employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Zendesk 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Zendesk to be career development, benefits, culture and the cons to be compensation, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Zendesk Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Zendesk? Share Your Experiences

Zendesk logo

Zendesk Careers

Cover image for Zendesk

Yes, work-life balance is a buzzword; but it’s actually a priority at Zendesk. Over 6,000 Zendesk employees worldwide have the flexibility...More

• Digital first

Company Updates

Logo

9 days ago

Company News
Please join us in welcoming Tom Eggemeier as our interim CEO. Leadership at Zendesk may be changing, but we remain committed to continuous product innovation and customer success.
Shared image - Our North Star - Zendesk
Our North Star - Zendesk
www.zendesk.com

Zendesk Photos

+ Add Photo
Zendesk photo of: We come together intentionally. Check out some members of the People and Places team at our Madison office.
Zendesk photo of: Halloween-themed fun was had for employees who wanted to get together at our London and Dublin offices.
Zendesk photo of: Our crafty witch and wizard workshop Frankensteined up some furry freaky fiendish spider garlands, all part of our ongoing support of COSMIC (Children of St. Mary's Intensive Care).
Zendesk photo of: Here's how one Zendesk employee enjoyed a recent Recharge Friday, our company-wide day off.
Zendesk photo of: The LATAM Women at Zendesk committee organized a breakfast to bring local members together for the first time since the pandemic.
Zendesk photo of: A group of Zendesk Mexico volunteers collaborated in cleaning the canals and planting Xochimilco trees, in partnership with Voluntarios México.

Expert Career Advice

Salesforce

4.5

14,566 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 1,392 Zendesk reviews submitted anonymously by Zendesk employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Zendesk is right for you.