Zendesk "great people" Reviews | Glassdoor

Zendesk Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Jun 21, 2019

4.2
Zendesk CEO Mikkel Svane
Mikkel Svane
Pros
  • "They had an incredibly flexible PTO policy which made work-life balance better than any other company I've worked for(in 95 reviews)

• "Worked on a small team of great people(in 42 reviews)

Cons
  • "Growing pains that you get when a company grows as fast as they are, which is understandable(in 36 reviews)

• "Could have more competitive benefits (currently no 401k matching of any kind, health plans could be more subsidized and provide better coverage)(in 17 reviews)

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Excellent place to work!"

I have been working at Zendesk full-time

Pros

Zendesk is filled with great people who care about each other and the customers. It is a great place to work not because of stupid gimmicks but because the people and the work are genuine.

Cons

All things considered there really isn't much to complain about.

Zendesk2018-04-27

"Awesome company overall with rad coworkers, but no work from home"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Madison, WI

I have been working at Zendesk full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company culture and the people truly are great. The atmosphere is very different in comparison to other companies at which I've been employed. Stock options and the food are reason enough to work here, but the great people are the cherry on top. The company is growing incredibly fast and it's been a wild ride and an exciting place to be at.

Cons

Seemingly no consistent policy on working from home. Our team's activity levels are easily monitored and most of the time we communicate on Slack with our regional account teams and internal teams in the office, so it seems a bit odd we don't have the ability to work from home once a week or twice a month.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees (or don't, just track their activity levels) and trial a work from home program. You might just be surprised at the morale and productivity increase.

Zendesk2019-06-13
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Great work/life balance."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zendesk full-time for more than a year

Pros

Worked on a small team of great people. Great work/life balance. Beautiful office space.

Cons

Departments felt totally isolated from one another. At times the Creative team felt like a production house for the rest of the company. Lots of meetings.

Zendesk2019-02-26

"Fun place to start your career."

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zendesk full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great work life balance - Great Benefits - Great people and Amazingg culture - Lots of autonomy and not much micro-management

Cons

- Below Average Salary - Not many career growth opportunities with certain teams - Upper Management is just coming in to shake things up and then they leave. Doesn't feel like they really care about their team or employees at times.

Advice to Management

Actually listen to your employees and the feedback they are giving you in the survey's. People within Advocacy are extremely underpaid unless you are a manager or higher. You have amazing smart people that are helping the organization and the company achieve its goals, but nothing is being done to help the employee achieve their own personal goals. The only way you will retain good talent is to pay them fairly... and provide more opportunities of growth.

Zendesk2018-11-19

"Overall positive but has HUGE problems in my opinion"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zendesk full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Tons of Snacks -Decent work life balance. -MOST high level employees will recognize your hard work. -For the most part great people to work with. -Not too big of a company but not too small. Good work environment. -Always growing and leadership is transparent with information. -They listen to employees and try to do better for the most part.

Cons

Neighborhood is very interesting to say the least. I understand there is a $120 parking benefit for Zendesk and I appreciate that. However, the Tenderloin is probably not the best place for a growing company. This is something employees cannot control and I know it is a huge negative about Zendesk. There is no way to sugar coat this. Many employees that were here in the early stages of Zendesk are gone or pushed... out. (Talking about employees that started before 2016). In order to survive at Zendesk, favoritism was something you better hope your management has for you. There was a recent hire where a Sr director decided to just build a team with people who use to work for her. This ultimately created a separation from the longer tenured employees and a huge level of favoritism. The level of favoritism at Zendesk made it hard for my team to stay motivated and work harder. In my opinion, this has to be addressed. I understand there are people you prefer to work with, but it got to a point where if you didn't agree with the direction the team is heading towards. You will be placed in their cross hairs. I also understand change is something that is hard to adapt to. However, if employees in your team are unhappy and leaving one by one. I don't have much to say. That in itself is a red flag.

Advice to Management

I appreciate all the things management has done such as 401k match. 401k match was something that was not around until late 2017. Employees kept asking for it and they delivered. Although the 401k was not a lot, it just shows that management were willing to listen. Favoritism has to be addressed. If you want people to work harder and be loyal to Zendesk. Leadership needs to realize a simple concept taught in... elementary school. Treat others how you want to be treated.

Zendesk2018-04-29

"Great Culture"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Madison, WI

I have been working at Zendesk full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company hires great people so the atmosphere is extremely upbeat and positive. The people and the culture make office a place you want to be and want to be doing your best at.

Cons

The company is growing rapidly and with many changes comes the challenge of communicating them effectively to all of the teams.

Zendesk2018-02-12
  8. "High growth, working out the kinks"

I have been working at Zendesk full-time

Pros

Good team approach to complex deals. Great people overall to collaborate with.

Cons

High growth presents constant territory alignments.

Zendesk2017-12-07
  9. "Velocity Account Executive"

I worked at Zendesk full-time

Pros

Great company culture. Great people.

Cons

Growing so fast they're figure it out on the fly.

Zendesk2017-09-27

"Recruiter"

I have been working at Zendesk full-time

Pros

Great people, great products, good work-life balance on some teams. Decent collaboration. Lots of volunteering and spending time in the community. Strong focus on Diversity and Inclusion and working to build up Employee Resource Groups.

Cons

Location can be dicey. Constant change but that's to be expected in a company growing so quickly.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people. There is a big push to get to our hefty goals, but don't lose sight on your people.

Zendesk2017-09-12

"Really enjoyed working there!"

Former Employee - IT Specialist in Cal-Ida, CA

I worked at Zendesk full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, loved working there! I felt respected as well everyone made sure you felt apart of the team. Really cool atmosphere as well.

Cons

Could have better benefits, a lot of jumping around on different tasks.

Advice to Management

Improve your benefit package!

Zendesk2017-07-09