KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Zenefits

Engaged Employer

Zenefits

Add a Review

Zenefits Employee Reviews about "free food"

Updated Jul 7, 2021

Technical Account Manager

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people and technology.(in 96 reviews)
  • "Great culture and lots of fun activities.(in 36 reviews)
  • "Great benefits: The jobs page has a listing of some of the benefits we offer.(in 24 reviews)
  • "Free food and a very relaxed dress code.(in 24 reviews)
  • "Great coworkers and everyday is different.(in 21 reviews)
Cons
  • "Horrible management, as in the absolute worst management I have ever experienced at any workplace ever!(in 49 reviews)
  • "No work/life balance (completely mentally and emotionally incapacitated after work)(in 41 reviews)
  • "I worked long hours at my previous jobs and I will work long hours here.(in 29 reviews)
  • "Some of the managers don't work and just demand everything of you.(in 28 reviews)
  • "Poor leadership.(in 26 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Zenefits and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "free food"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Brilliant cheap sit

Oct 12, 2020 - Binman in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best job ever. Easy money free food

Cons

bins stink and will make u vomit

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0

Do Your Homework...

Nov 24, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free food and drinks (albeit unhealthy)

Cons

I suppose the biggest "con" (and most impactful to employees) is the middle management team. The company has promoted individual contributors that did their jobs well however with out any management experience. The unfortunate reality of an environment without experienced management to guide and lead through difficult situations is that employees loose. Based on the number of negative reviews that Zenefits has received over its 2 or so year history is that there have been a lot of missed opportunities for middle management to make an impact. I agree with most of the other reviews logged here and have seen many of the scenarios described play out over and over again without any sign of change. It is because of this that I would encourage potential candidates to be very diligent in their research of the company prior to joining.

19 people found this review helpful
  3. 1.0
    Former Employee

Please do not apply even if you're desperate for a job!!!!! Absolute nightmare!!!

Jan 27, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

None. Several people on here have commented about food, but seriously? Any startup (even those with way less funding) offer free food to their employees. That too, catered lunches are usually offered and not just bags of chips (as is the case at Zenefits). Let me be clear and candid - there are absolutely NO PROS to working at this company.

Cons

I've seen a lot of people complaining about the hours. That actually didn't bother me so much, because the people here are great. What bothered me was pretty much everything else. Everything about this company sucks, but it starts at the top. The company is led by a CEO who, in my opinion, doesn't know what he is doing. He sucks at keeping morale up, and seems to only care about the bottom line (and the company isn't doing well in that regard either). All executives at this company do not know what they are doing. Unprecedented speed of hiring early on led to low talent in important functional groups. All I can say is do not apply here.

29 people found this review helpful
  4. 4.0
    Former Employee

it's what you make of it

Sep 19, 2020 - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you work hard and prove yourself, you can grow into another role or another department. Lots of flexibility. Great benefits and perks. Free food and a very relaxed dress code. You can climb the ladder quickly here.

Cons

A lot of micro management- this may be a pro or con for people. But the three big things for me were: - A tendency to favor friends or "bros". - Top heavy, they kept a lot of management but cut a lot of individual contributors. - Way too much emphasis on marketing and not enough on supporting customers, sales, and operations

Be the first to find this review helpful