KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Zenefits

Engaged Employer

Zenefits

Add a Review

Zenefits Employee Reviews about "free food"

Updated Oct 12, 2020

Found 34 of over 603 reviews

3.7
Zenefits CEO Jay Fulcher
Jay Fulcher
Pros
  • "Free food and a very relaxed dress code(in 35 reviews)

• "The people and the pace of the company attract people who are in it for the right reasons: great people doing awesome work to address a big opportunity(in 26 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There isn’t a great work life balance(in 60 reviews)

• "Long hours and low compensation(in 53 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "free food"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing work atmosphere, Free food and great employees

Feb 22, 2019 - Some Good Stuff in Tempe, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, amazing opportunities, free food

Cons

Haven’t come across any for now.

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Former Employee

it's what you make of it

Sep 19, 2020 - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you work hard and prove yourself, you can grow into another role or another department. Lots of flexibility. Great benefits and perks. Free food and a very relaxed dress code. You can climb the ladder quickly here.

Cons

A lot of micro management- this may be a pro or con for people. But the three big things for me were: - A tendency to favor friends or "bros". - Top heavy, they kept a lot of management but cut a lot of individual contributors. - Way too much emphasis on marketing and not enough on supporting customers, sales, and operations

Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 2.0
      Former Employee

Great idea. Poor execution.

Jul 9, 2020 - Account Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free food, snacks, drinks, and alcohol

Cons

Burn and churn mentality with clients. Company has an amazing benefit to provide, but completely lacks in service.

4 people found this review helpful
    4. 2.0

READ THE REVIEWS

Nov 30, 2015 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Free Food -Good salary -great product (aesthetically) -Wear what you want -Fun atmosphere (For the most part) -Lots of opportunities to learn -Great first sales job or out of college

Cons

EVERYTHING ELSE -Expected long hours -have to cheat the system or stay in grey area to hit quota/goals -shady ethically in upper management -upper management is a joke. Lack respect, honor, integrity, caring & most importantly aren't real men or women. Just un-honorable pompous hipsters -Terrible sales cycle/implementation -promised certain things, not even close. A true bait & switch recruiting style -Product is always glitching, down, or broken. -ZERO customer support & the little they do get are from reps that don't know what they're talking about -150% call center mentality & cold calling -DO NOT come here from another respectful sales career with a Fortune 500 company. This place is a joke & will take you backwards in your sales career. They claim to hire "experience sales professionals with proven track records" only to tell you to stop using those strategies that worked for you in the past & to "read the script" Its all script here. No rapport, relationship building or "salesman-ship" You are a human robot.

42 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good starter job

Nov 12, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free food/ fully stocked kitchen, young and intelligent coworkers, office space was pleasant

Cons

Heavy workload, lots of change, little direction

Be the first to find this review helpful

CPO

Thanks for taking the time to write this review, as with most startup environments change is a prominent factor. As Zenefits scales and grows, the direction of the company may change but our core company values remain prevalent.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Nightmarish

Oct 15, 2015 - SDR in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free food, drinks, and company events/ happy hours. I got along well with my manager and my team. My coworkers were some of the smartest, most hard-working people I've worked with. Unfortunately, you'd never know that based on the rate at which they quit/ were fired.

Cons

Where to begin? The SDR/ Sales org. is in shambles. Not only is middle management totally inept, but so are their directors. Quota is essentially unreachable, and morale is awful. The specifics have been laid out in nearly every other review, but in short, managers are not qualified, and will not help you in any real way. The most absurd part is the pay. Not only did the entire SDR org take a $5,000 pay cut, but they continually underpay people on their paychecks! I like to believe this isn't purposeful, but when it happens three months in a row, with no intention to pay that money back, one has to wonder. When I finally quit, they owed me several hundred dollars, which I only received after I quit. This company has no respect for it's employees. It doesn't respect them enough to pay them, nor does it respect them enough to correct a mistake in a timely fashion.

28 people found this review helpful

VP, Sales

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I hate that your experience was so negative, but I realize that we had some growing pains late summer/early fall because of our growth. We doubled our SDR team, our managers, and rolled out some new tools...and it was a lot. For that reason, we’ve slowed down on hiring while we focus on developing our current team members and our managers, improving our communication and transparency, and simplifying the career path to an AE and what it takes to get there. Since it’s the most accelerated career path to an AE role in a SaaS organization, it is hard work and we are much clearer about expectations. It sounds like we didn’t do a great job of explaining that the compensation change was to raise the overall compensation you can earn while still giving you the ability to earn a base increase when you promote to SDR 2. The confusion in your pay probably came from running compensation for our team on spreadsheets, which is not the most effective process! We recently implemented a compensation tool that gives our team more visibility into what they are making throughout the month and removes a lot of the human error, and it’s been well received, so that should clear up most of the confusion going forward. I’d love to connect live on your feedback. If you feel comfortable, please reach out to me at mcole@zenefits.com. If I don’t hear from you, I appreciate your honesty and wish you all the best in your next opportunity! -Mandy Cole VP, Sales

7. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Honest review without bias

Feb 23, 2016 - SDR and Account Executive in Tempe, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free food Amazing people Fun outings, once in awhile.... Attractive staff You get a Macbook Air for use at work/home

Cons

-Impossible Quotas -terrible pay, our compensation has been cut so many times - micro management - literally the SDR managers do nothing all day, our managers on the AE side, work a bit harder - business does not close, and you are held responsible for that - you will fear for your job constantly - Hours are terrible, there is no work/life balance - you will have mandatory meetings and trainings at least 3-4 times a week, always at your lunch hour - if you take time off, you are guilted - there is no room for growth, I have seen less than 7 people get promoted in the last 6 months -there is so much negative press, nobody wants to work with us - the market for what companies we can work with is so small no one hits quota ever -there is no culture In all, this was a terrible place to live. There is so much pressure on you, and management is absolutely terrible. Its the mindset "what have you done for me lately" You could have one month that goes decent and the next be at risk for losing your job Upper management will not be honest with you Abandon the sinking ship

12 people found this review helpful
    8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Customer Service

Mar 15, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

So I noticed the only people who are giving this company five stars are those still employed, which btw congratulations on making it through the third cut and third CEO in one year. Also the company actually comments to those posts too (lol). - free food - the friends you meet - same as the first but I figured I'd be nice by listing another pro; cupcakes - I can't think of anything else

Cons

- management - poor execution. consistently releasing new features that don't work - average of fourteen hour workdays, some people in support work 150 hours per pay period - did I mention management? - three mass layoffs and three CEOs in one year - several other cons I can't bother listing

14 people found this review helpful

CPO

A couple points of clarification. David Sacks took over as CEO in February 2016, after Parker Conrad left the company. (David was the COO at the time.) David led the company through 2016 under challenging circumstances, as anyone can read in the media. He also established Zenefits as the all-in-one HR platform for small business. David held the role for a year. In February 2016, David handed the CEO role over to Jay Fulcher. Jay is an experienced CEO with a background in HCM and is here to build on the foundation that David and every employee created. Yes, we did recently give employees massages and smoothies. (Paid for by the wellness allowance we receive from our benefits carrier.) The exec team also served lunch to employees. The engineering team is having a ping pong tournament. These are some of the ways in which we are demonstrating our gratitude for our employees' hard work and commitment. We will continue to appreciate and invest in our employees, including leadership and professional development.

9. 1.0

Applicant Beware

Sep 9, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

You work with some really awesome people and the company has some cool perks such as unlimited PTO (to some extent) and free food stocked in the kitchen.

Cons

I should have known when I applied for the job and received an offer in less than 24 hours that something was up. I feel like the company's hiring practices are a bait and switch. Here are some of the issues: *Culture portrayed as open, fun and casual but borders that of a frat party. *Management have egos and are not qualified. *Company expects you to work unrealistic hours and doesn't think about work/life balance. *There are no set processes. *Employees are not given enough resources or training to properly manage their book of business. 2 weeks of training is NOT enough to properly run and administer your clients cases appropriately. Training is a general overview of how the system is SUPPOSE to work. There are no real life scenarios that you will face in your job discussed. *The sales teams seems to be selling anything and everything regardless of the client fitting with Zenefits platform. *Open enrollments are being ran by individuals who do not have the experience to be handling a groups open enrollment. They might have licenses but the lack of training put the clients at risk of not having the right benefits.

13 people found this review helpful
    10. 1.0

I believed the lies too

Jan 19, 2016 - SMB Account Executive in Tempe, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free food that never changes. New office space in a respectable building.

Cons

The call center that is not a call center as they say. All you do is cold call rural areas that have no clue who or what zenefits is. Every week something changes. Upper management cracks the whip on floor managers which forces them to be stern in unprofessional manners. Every month a manager is demoted because the job is not what it used to be. If you put any "director" on the phones they wouldn't set a demo to save their life.

17 people found this review helpful