KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Zenefits

Engaged Employer

Zenefits

Add a Review

Zenefits Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 16, 2021

Technical Account Manager

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people and technology.(in 98 reviews)
  • "Great culture and lots of fun activities.(in 38 reviews)
  • "Free food and a very relaxed dress code.(in 26 reviews)
  • "Great benefits: The jobs page has a listing of some of the benefits we offer.(in 24 reviews)
  • "Great coworkers and everyday is different.(in 21 reviews)
Cons
  • "Horrible management, as in the absolute worst management I have ever experienced at any workplace ever!(in 46 reviews)
  • "No work/life balance (completely mentally and emotionally incapacitated after work)(in 40 reviews)
  • "I worked long hours at my previous jobs and I will work long hours here.(in 33 reviews)
  • "Some of the managers don't work and just demand everything of you.(in 27 reviews)
  • "Unapologetic and aggressively selfish upper management that takes advantage of its young and tech savvy employees.(in 25 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Zenefits and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee

Lots of learning and fast velocity

Dec 14, 2015 - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very vibrant environment at a fast growing company. Lots of learning and opportunities to develop yourself.

Cons

Be prepared for no work life balance --you are on a rocket ship!

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Change needed

Apr 19, 2016 - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company is focused on business first - which can have pros and cons of course but everyone is hyper intelligent

Cons

The press speaks for itself- the culture needed work and it's getting that. No work life balance 13 hour+ days were expected

3 people found this review helpful
  3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Lots to Learn and Nowhere to go....

Sep 2, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pros: -I've never learned so much in such a short time...ever. -Gained valuable insight into process at a SaaS company. -The company hires very bright people, for the most part. You will work with some incredibly talented colleagues. -Close-knit teams. -You will be very well prepared to advance your career outside of Zenefits once you leave, since it is such an intense experience.

Cons

Cons: -The general sentiment is that it is better to build things fast than to build things well. In this light, faulty systems are rarely totally destroyed to create better ones. Band-aid solutions are the norm and affect CX negatively. -When you bring up an alternative to a poor process, you are often shut down by bureaucratic hierarchy. The company has WAY too many redundant layers for such a young start-up. -'Root Cause' culture turns into a blame game. Support reps spend valuable time identifying the internal cause of a problem before they tackle solution for a customer. They do this because they are told they have to. 'Root Cause' is identified by listing departments or individuals on internal issue-tracking tickets. -Metrics are intense and rigorous for customer-facing employees with little product support. -People empowerment is a foreign concept. People = Metrics here. -Difficult to move up or laterally across departments. -Work/Life balance is so non-existent, it is laughable. -Inter-department communication is poor. None of the Ops teams have any idea what the others do day-to-day.

Continue reading