Zenex Partners Reviews in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

4.3
Zenex Partners CEO Neha Verma
Neha Verma

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great company to work with."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

Learn a lot, excellent environment , benefit and culture with very good future.

Cons

I am 100% satisfied with the company.

"Placed Candidate through Zenex Partners"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Zenex Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I was contacted by Zenex almost immediately after I applied for one of the jobs that they posted on Indeed. They were really fast and prompt with almost everything, be it scheduling the phone/onsite interview or getting back with the feedback.

They were really considerate about my requirements and comfort zone. Made sure that I was happy with the work place and co workers. Neha Verma went above and beyond to make sure that I was completely satisfied with the offer and worked with the Hiring Manager for it.

I would definitely recommend Zenex Partners for job seekers out there. They have good connections with quite a few reputed companies and will make sure that you get what you deserve.

Cons

My experience with Zenex at this time has been extremely positive. I am very satisfied with their services

Advice to Management

Please don't work too hard. You have done a great job! This is a great opportunity for me.

"Keep up the good work."

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

Easygoing workplace. Great co-workers and the work is rewarded well. You're always learning something new everyday and your ideas are always taken on board by management.

Cons

Not too many that I can really think of. It's a great place to work especially if you're looking to get your career started

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the warm atmosphere going. Continue to support the employees as well as its been done now. Not much else.

"Wonderful People to work with and great clients to recruit for!"

Former Employee - Junior Recruiter in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Junior Recruiter in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

The people who work there are some of the best in the recruiting industry. The team is made up on very intelligent hardworking dedicated individuals who are extremely personable and the best people I have every worked with. They taught me everything I needed to know about the recruiting industry basics and I am very grateful for the opportunity I had to work alongside them..

Cons

Small office and not organized

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Zenex Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is absolutely no advantage to work here either location wise, money wise, work-life balance.
    If you want a career in any field just run away from this place.

Cons

Be ready to work basically free.
    You will be paid minimum wage & expect to work
    -at-least 10 hrs per day
    atleast 8 hrs on weekend

NO Overtime is paid
    No Benefits - PTO or sick leave or any such options!
    No Training given to anyone for any task.
    You will be asked to do tasks other than your domain/expertise

Advice to Management

if you want loyal employees be ready to pay them. Have realistic expectation - dont dump work load without thinking the time & effort it will need to complete the given tasks

"Not an equal opportunity employer"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Zenex Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- 1 hour lunch
    - nice places to eat in the area
    - nice cafe in the building
    - once you're trained on how to do cold-calling, your managers leave you alone. So, not much micro-managing which is always a plus
    - no clocking in or out, but that doesn't mean you can be too late or leave too early. The office space is not huge so you will be noticed.
    - you can ask your manager for help whenever needed

Cons

- the management tried to hide it, but it was always obvious they discriminated against employees.
    - there was no regard for the hard work employees put in on a daily basis unless they produced maximum results.
    - the employees that were given the harder positions to fill were never acknowledged for their hard work unless they filled the positions
    - management didn't show much level of customer service to clients either

Advice to Management

Don't let the money get to your head if you expect to become a bigger business. Your employees drive the company with their hard work and they shouldn't be discriminated against. Learn to respect and accept all employees and help them improve their skills rather than dictate if they are good/bad in comparison to the rest of the employees. It sucks to work in a place where you know the management/CEO doesn't really like you. This isn't a fashion show or beauty competition where you judge people based on looks. Follow the HR practices and avoid lawsuits. There are plenty of reasons your employees can use to sue you.

"Questionable work ETHICS at best. An experience nonetheless."

Former Contractor - Technical Recruiter in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Zenex Partners as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

- Exposure to HR in some way, shape or form
    - Sales Experience
    - Co-workers that make the work day manageable even with all the downsides.

Cons

- Structure of the day-to-day operations is nonexistent/sporadic if that
    - Employees are expected to work their 8 hours + overtime, but compensated only up to 40 hours
    - Managers arrive 1-2 hours later than the start of a regular work day or hours of operation
    - Outdated methods of recruitment and quality is NOT within the control of the Recruiter
    - Sourcing should but is not done by Recruiters in-house, but externally outsourced
    - Concerns addressed to management and CEO are addressed as unresolved or forgotten even after numerous attempts
    - Pointless reports that does not allow merits in any way. More backlash and harm done compared to praise/ positive reinforcements
    - Heavily stressed in a numbers game (i.e. outbound calls, inbound calls, placements, etc)
    - Over the course of ONE year, daunting to see so many Recruiters leave/laid off
    - Job insecurity crosses one's mind on a daily basis
    - Gossip and rumors definitely roam in any and all companies. However, sometimes it trumps over the real truth
    - Looking at most of the reviews, I'm a bit skeptical with the validity and not convinced they are written by different individuals "representing" the company
    - Information about any given position is broad as broad can be, which leaves complications down the road to keep contacting/pre-qualify
    - Nonexistent training program for new employees (thrown in shark infested waters)
    - Disgruntled candidates are not removed as promised from managers/sourcers
    - Potential of growth is simply not there, as promises of advancement is loosely followed through
    - Salary + Commission is not competitive by any means
    - Last and certainly not least, the organizational culture "claims" to be zen-like with internal and external staff, managers, clients, candidates, etc. However, its often the feeling of detachment with communication. The only justified business/personal relationship available is amongst your fellow co-workers (Technical Recruiters)

Advice to Management

- Structure with proper and thorough training and perhaps ongoing training to further the skills, abilities and knowledge with Recruiters, Sourcers, HR, and managers.
    - Positive reinforcements either weekly/biweekly or monthly to attract meeting quotas and business goals
    - Constructive meetings not simply pointing out the negatives, stresses and hardships but guidance to getting back on track by meeting career goals
    - Instilling respect and upholding it with all staff and managers
    - Accountability for not listening/following rumors and lies opposed to the source of truth (straight from the horses mouth and not filtered)
    - Updating the method recruiting/sourcing by the means of attracting and maintaining candidates
    - Creating more of a work/life balance for employees and acknowledgement of their efforts

"Back stabbing 2 face company"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Zenex Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There isn't a good thing about this company they only teach you how to cold call as a slave. They also sent an email coaching employees to post a GREAT review for glassdoor.com.

Cons

Expect you to work OT with no pay, CEO is a liar, HR is a joke, company dresses like slobs. CEO won't pay OT but purchased 2 new vehicles in less than a month. CEO expects you to call same person over and over until you reach potential candidate. Sourcing is the worst and in India they can't speak English how can they source.

Advice to Management

Learn how to keep promises and not use employees as slaves. Learn how to manage employees with respect we do your job for you.

"Foot in the door"

Former Contractor - Technical Recruiter in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Zenex Partners as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

It's a great stepping stone, you have to learn a lot on your own so be prepared. they teach you the basics/bare minimum of recruiting. If you're a brown noser or a underdog its the place for you, the CEO has a soft spot for them.

Cons

There were a few perks when I had started, but most of them are gone now that moral has gone down the hole. There are a lot of broken promised from this company, they are more talk and no follow through. The in house team had about 15 people in the beginning of January and now its down to by half with only one account manager left, one was laid off due to budget cuts and the other one quit due to budget cuts. There is only 2 people on the current team, that have been there for over 3 years besides the CEO, the turn over rate is very high. I've been told that people usually don't stay over 1 year. The CEO is like every other business just out there, just looking to make money, she don't care she only acts as though she does to make you feel like you're part of a team but in reality she talks about everyone behind their back, even the client companies. She also changes her mind a a whim so make sure to stay on her good side if you want to keep your job. Be cautious and take everything with a grain of salt and as a learning experience. I did and life is now fantastic :). I now work for a great company and doesn't over promise and under delivers. I know what is expected of me and what to expect back. I actually respect my superiors, and don't loath going to work. Management expects you to work overtime without OT pay, or even pay in general because they want to know that you're "dedicated." if you have anything to do/say make sure you document everything through letters or email.

Advice to Management

You've been a established business, act like one instead of a start up it's not very professional. Update the way you recruit, calling the same people over and over for a position they are way over qualified for is embarrassing not only for the recruiter but your company. Take the time to teach your employees how to source and recruit, so you don't have to rely on separate teams. If you low ball people, expect to be low balled back.

"Zenex is like a family to their employees; here I feel the best balance in between work and life."

Current Employee - Senior Technical Analyst/Recruiter in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Analyst/Recruiter in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Zenex Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Zenex is providing the wonderful professional environment and extra official activities to motivate their employees.
    This is the one of the top staffing company in California. I am really enjoying working with Zenex Partners.

Cons

I don't find any downside

Advice to Management

Let's grow up