- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - Maryland
- - Baltimore, MD Area
- - Cockeysville, MD
- - Hunt Valley, MD
- - Baltimore, MD
- - Delaware
- - Philadelphia, PA Area
- - Newark, DE
- - District of Columbia
- - Washington, DC Area
- - Washington, DC
- - Colorado
- - Denver, CO Area
- - Denver, CO
- - California
- - San Francisco, CA Area
- - San Francisco, CA
- Ireland - All Cities
- - Galway
- - Galway, Ireland Area
- - Galway
Found 64 of over 73 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Great people." (in 12 reviews)
- "Benefits are good" (in 7 reviews)
- "Brilliant and passionate coworkers who love their product and games in general." (in 4 reviews)
- "Culture, stability, little to no crunch in most departments, excellent IPs" (in 3 reviews)
- "Amazing work life balance almost unheard of in the game industry." (in 3 reviews)
- Current Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★Oct 2, 2022 - Lead Character Artist in Hunt Valley, MDRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Amazing environment where everyone is treated with respect. Benefits are great and upper management is super flexible with everyone's schedules. People can work in the office or fully remote of they wish. The products are highly successful so job security is great.
None. I couldn't ask for a better place to work.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Oct 28, 2022 - Senior Technical Artist in Hunt Valley, MDRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
work life balance is what you make it. You define your own goals for the sprint normally.
Raises are less than inflation. expect 5% at most. bonuses are discretionary, and never guaranteed.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Sep 27, 2022 - Software EngineerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Amazing work life balance almost unheard of in the game industry. No crunch and everyone respects each other's time. - Hybrid/fully remote work possible for some roles.
- Pay is good for Maryland, but not competitive enough compared to the rest of the gaming industry that's increasingly allowing fully remote work. - The yearly expansion cadence of ESO can get stale after a while.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Jun 10, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
-Rewards creativity, loyalty, and hard work -Teamwork oriented (doesn't support throwing people under the bus or credit stealing) -Excellent views creating a safe space for its employees -A company that cares about long term success over short term profits -Plenty of PTO for mental health days and vacation
-Not everyone wants to move to Maryland -We release 4 updates every year without delayContinue reading
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Jul 19, 2022 - Senior Producer in Baltimore, MDRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great people, minimal drama, and understanding management. There seems to be an earnest desire to do right by people.
Remote policies are still not fully worked out. Pay a bit below industry standard.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Mar 8, 2022 - Producer in Hunt Valley, MDRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
*Diverse, talented co-workers. *Competitive pay, performance based raises and bonuses. *Generous paid time off, sick days, personal days, and wellness days. *Takes physical and mental health of employees very seriously. *Company believes in its products, not just churning to profit and dash to the next churn. *Everyone is understanding when picking up a new position completely remotely during COVID. *Company hasn't lost its voice or vision since joining Xbox. *Quickly adapting to a new hybrid work-from-home/office policy post-COVID. *Access to the entire Bethesda family Library of games *A lot of company merch. Shirts are well made and comfortable.
*VERY fast paced, even for game development.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Jun 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MDRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Fully remote Leadership cares Exciting projects Nice perks
Pay could be better Still feels "old school" in certain ways
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Dec 22, 2021 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Work with a ton of smart people - See things well before they're released - Lots of opportunities to learn - Fun environment in general, everyone is going to be excited about upcoming games, technology, conferences, etc... - Pretty positive place
None really, some tasks can be tedious, like fixing a small display bug for something internal, but constantly polishing and making new things is really coolContinue reading
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Jan 28, 2022 - QA Tester in Hunt Valley, MDRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Everyone is friendly and open to questions. This is a very teamwork based office. There's a lot of work, but it's nothing challenging and once you learn what to do it's pretty easy.
It feels pretty stagnant here. If you want to move out of QA, even if you have a degree in the field sometimes, it can take a few years for you to move up and out. While we do get paid more than other gaming company's QA, it's not enough to keep up with cost of living.
- Former Employee★★★★★Jan 20, 2022 - QA Tester in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The people here are great, fun, and lovely to work with. The building is also great.
The platform QA work can get very repetitive, but that's what you're signing up for.
ZeniMax Online Reviews FAQs
ZeniMax Online has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 73 reviews left anonymously by employees. 90% of employees would recommend working at ZeniMax Online to a friend and 85% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 15% over the last 12 months.
90% of ZeniMax Online employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated ZeniMax Online 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.