KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Zepl Reviews

Updated Feb 4, 2020

Found 5 of over 5 reviews

5.0
Zepl CEO Dan Maloney (no image)
Dan Maloney

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Tech

215 Comments

Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A great place to work with a promising future

Feb 4, 2020 - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I started with Zepl about 3 months ago and so far am enjoying it. I get to work with a very talented team and am learning a lot very quickly. If you want a chance to work with a modern architecture in a growing industry, this is a great place to be. From an engineering standpoint we are currently migrating from traditional Java web services to a Go based micro-services architecture. Coming from a Java background, this is my first time working with Go and it has been a very refreshing change. There is a lot of energy and growth in the data analytics space which makes this an exciting place to be. It's reassuring to see the company getting a lot of interest at trade shows for example. We are a small but growing team, and everyone I work with is friendly and competent. There is good energy here in the downtown SJ office. The location is great, right across from San Pedro Square which makes for a very convenient happy hour with the team :)

Cons

None so far. I haven't really had to work the typical crazy start-up hours but you do have to hustle and maintain a consistent velocity. There are certainly crunch times like in any other organization but it's not the norm. Obviously there is a bit more urgency than there would be in a larger enterprise and things move quickly but I have not found it to be unreasonable. It helps that the work is interesting.

2. 5.0

Great company

Jan 27, 2020 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Talented colleagues - Interesting challenges - Great perspective for the future - Can wear many hats

Cons

- Long working hours - Need to take leadership to move projects forward

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great people, great culture, awesome vision

Jan 21, 2020 - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome product in the competitive space of data science. The company culture and people are collaborative and friendly. Good leadership and support from managers for career growth. Everyone's working towards similar goals.

Cons

Engineering team right now is small

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Company is in a hot space with a proven management team

Nov 26, 2019 - Vice President of Marketing in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Zepl is a data science and analytics platform. This is a very exciting space with lots of growth opportunity. - The management has a track record of success. The CEO, Dan Maloney, sold his last company to Cisco and has worked with many members of the Zepl team at previous startups. - New partnerships with Snowflake and AWS could be a force multiplier for revenue in 2020 - This is a pre-IPO opportunity with an early stage company that is growing quickly.

Cons

- This is a small, fast-growing startup. Every role is fairly "hands-on" so you must be comfortable with working with a small team and being flexible with changing customer priorities.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Supporting an exciting user community of data science professionals & building a key data science platform

Nov 26, 2019 - Customer Success Director in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working daily with a team of creative, inspiring and passionate technology evangelists & entrepreneurs is a professional high! I've had the good fortune of working with this exceptional G2M team previously. Imagine coming to work everyday and thoroughly enjoying your team 's collaboration, your colleague's amazing ideas put into action and building a software platform that enables the growing data science field to execute on their business goals. It's NOT LEGAL to have that much WOW in your career! @ Zepl- this is the WOW! disrupting the evolution of the data science world. JOIN Zepl & let it become your REALITY!

Cons

So much great user inspired features are coming that we can't get the word out FAST enough! We have to ACCELERATE our communication to ALL the global data science professionals they have a company FIGHTING for their SUCCESS!

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews