Zerin Business Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mark Hoge

Pros
Cons
  • like you actually walk door to door regardless of weather (in 16 reviews)

• Zerin does door to door sales for T-Mobile and Verizon Fios, and pays their employees honestly if the commission the employees earn (in 12 reviews)

1. "Zerin"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in McLean, VA

I worked at Zerin Business Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people and support system for learning the jobs. The office is nice and the hours made it easy for me to continue be going to night school.

Cons

Although it didn't work out I learned a lot of skills for my future job and realized more about real life biz than I ever have in a college class

2. "Run for the Hills"

Former Employee - Entry Level Junior Executive in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Entry Level Junior Executive in McLean, VA

I worked at Zerin Business Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The office space is cool.... but you won't spend any time there so

Cons

Was blatantly lied to in the interview process about
    1.) What I would be doing at Zerin
     2.) What the compensation was

Honestly Zerin Business Consulting should be shut down along with any other business that tells you that you are not performing sales tasks in the job and then throws you to the wolves doing B2B sales with a sales pitch you learn hours before.

Saying this job is total BS is the understatement of the century. Maybe companies like Zerin wouldn't have such a high turnover rate if they were just honest with potential employees? I know there are people out there who enjoy being treated so poorly by business owners as they walk into their stores unwelcomed but I for one am not one of those people. And I would have appreciated being told this was a B2B sales job UP FRONT so I did not have to waste my time.

This was without a doubt my worst experience in the job application/interview/and hiring process.

Advice to Management

Just stop being so sketchy. Answer questions honestly and candidly when asked.

"Corporate Trainer"

I have been working at Zerin Business Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

co-workers are nice and fun; the management is systematic;

Cons

Payment is really low, on average you will earn less than $400 every week before the tax; no benefits (no health care, no 401k no paid vocation, nothing); really long working time (7AM to 7PM) every day; they said when you got promoted to the management, you will get benefits, but the truth is, you need to spend 2-4 years to get promoted, before that, you get nothing. Even when you do get promoted, they promised you can open your own independent office. However, the office is not quite independent but rather a franchise one. You will continue doing the same thing, which is basically sales.
    I wouldn't say they lied, but at the same time, they didn't tell truth during the second round interview about payment, promotion time and benefits. They always emphasized it's not a sales job, however, IT IS

"My experience with Zerin"

Former Employee - Junior Account Executive in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Junior Account Executive in McLean, VA

I worked at Zerin Business Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Management is successful at what they do and have many skills to run a successful multi level marketing firm
    * Overall the company is really good at being a multi-level marketing firm and has had other successful multi-level marketing firms pyramid under it

Cons

* Will I own my own business one day? You could-Zerin is a multi-level marketing firm that was spawned from another one like it. The business trains individuals to create their "own business". That new business must (1) send % profits to the to the initial business, and (2) is encouraged to set other up with their own businesses to gain a % of (which also trickles back up to the initial business). Thus, creating a pyramid flow of profit where the top of the pyramid gains profit from the bottom.
    *Isn't that a pyramid scheme? No. Multi-level marketing is legal variation of pyramid structure because the business allows for free flow of customer base and individual income, and pays their employees. Zerin does door to door sales for T-Mobile and Verizon Fios, and pays their employees honestly if the commission the employees earn.
    * If they are legal, then why is this a con? The con is that, because the pyramid structure has a negative connotation, the business resorts to false advertisement. Instead of saying "we do door to door sales, in hopes of training you to expand the pyramid of sales", they prey on new grads and experienced, but desperate workers with fancy titles that don't apply to the job requirement, but can be stretched enough to be legal. They aren't up front about what they do and how they achieve it. Spin selling "Junior Account Executive" or "Management Consultant" allows you to believe that you are technically "consulting" or "managing an account" , but you're really just selling door to door for that account, that is really managed by the business, not you. You are technically set up to "own your own business" but really extending the pyramid of door to door sales. It's all a spin sell of the job, creating an illusion that the job is something it's not. This dishonesty causes high turn over. This is why you'll be interviewing with up to 10 people. Out of the 10, the hopes is that 2-3 will fall for the illusion. For those who do, the business then plays psychological warfare with employees by daily (unpaid) pep rallies and by eluding that anybody who falls out of the illusion is "lazy", "doesn't want to give 100%", and "not a hard worker" thus causing many unqualified people to work stringent hours, with their own finances and without benefits and even sometimes without a days pay "because they didn't earn it". Seriously read the context of every employer response or positive review on this page (suspect most likely entered by the company to combat negative reviews) and make your own judgment. They all use this same "hard work" propaganda, eluding that anybody who has had a negative experience, just isn't a hard worker regardless or details behind that experience: "feels conned", thinks the "company was dishonest upfront", "couldn't afford to work the job that didn't offer cost of living/benefits", or "was treated badly by management for missing pep rallies" are just "disgruntled employees who are not hard workers".

Advice to Management

Be up front. There are many people out there that enjoy doing this work. Drop the illusion of being a independent consulting firm, and you'll reduce turnover by gaining employees that have the same intentions as you: expanding the pyramid of door to door sales to flow from the bottom up

"Opportunity"

I have been working at Zerin Business Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

By far the best part about this job is the opportunity. You will learn more in a few months in this job than in the years of business school. You will be given all the keys to business success. You will be given the confidence and skills it takes to make it in any industry.

There are always people and systems put in place designed for you to succeed. Plenty of coaching and training.

Cons

This business model eliminates lazy people (I'm hesitant to put this in the "Con" portion). Your success is directly correlated to you willingness to learn and work. This job will not allow you to sit at a desk and do nothing, and still make money. This job is unforgiving to someone not willing to work hard.

6. "Professional development opportunity"

Former Employee - Account Executive in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in McLean, VA

I worked at Zerin Business Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You learn how to negotiate with clients and customers
    Emphasized focus on professional and personal skill set development
    Completely stepped out of my comfort zone in a good way
    Hours are reasonable to have more of a work life balance, no driving through rush hour traffic in the morning!
    Many opportunities to earn bonuses and high commission tiers

Cons

High pressure atmosphere/competitive
    Fast paced, definitely really easy to get behind the curve

Advice to Management

It is evident that Zerin's management very strategically executes operations to best suit the growth of their business. It is also clear that their first priority over everything is teaching and developing new trainees to make sure their time with the company does not go wasted. Please continue to do weekly meetings for feedback, it really shows how much you care about the future of your company! Mark and the team are fantastic.

"Great opportunity!!!!"

I have been working at Zerin Business Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best place to work for career advancement as well as great work environment.

Cons

This job is for the people who are willing to put in the hard work to achieve career goals.

8. "Totally Worth It"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at Zerin Business Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been amazed by how great the atmosphere at Zerin is. Everyone is so kind, helpful, and willing to guide me through my whole time here. Not only are the people awesome, but the position itself is incredibly rewarding. I love what I do and there is nowhere I would rather be. I can honestly say this is one of the best decisions I have ever made. I feel that I have grown exponentially over my time with the company, and am so excited to see where this position will lead me in the future.

Cons

It is a lot of work and is not an easy job, but it is totally worth it. It takes a lot of work, but the results far surpass the short-term effort. In the long run, I have gained so much more than I have given, through perseverance and hard work. You get out of the position what you put into it.

Advice to Management

You are so good at what you do, and I really appreciate the concern you have showed for me and my opportunity since my first day here. I know you will continue to do great things, if only because you put your people as your top priority.

"Dream big and do big things!"

I have been working at Zerin Business Consulting full-time

Pros

Wonderful environment to be a part of. The potential to move up and achieve freedom at every step is what I strive for each and every day and is the main reason I work so hard. But with all of the wonderful people around me, it doesn't even feel like work. I like this fast track to success. I am putting in my time now, so I can play later.

Cons

I work long days during the week and half days on Saturdays to achieve the lifestyle I know I want in my very near future. In order to be successful, it is necessary to give 110% here. If that isn't what you are looking to do, I don't think this would be a good fit.

Advice to Management

Please keep encouraging us like you do and reminding us of our big goals and the daily steps it takes to get there. Its those things that keep me striving for success all day every day.

"Corporate Trainer"

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in McLean, VA

I worked at Zerin Business Consulting (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, fun environment. Very similar to a fraternity or sorority. Opportunity to make a lot of money is definitely there.

Cons

Long hours (10+ daily) solely commission based cold calling (base plus commission option was a joke really), and very deceiving. They get you in and hope you like them enough that you will stick around even when you may not be making money. Also, I got a very "fake" vibe some from of the employees. Almost as if they were pretending to like you. I suppose it makes sense though being that in order for them to succeed they need people to do the dirty work.

Advice to Management

Just be honest with the people coming in. Keep up the positive atmosphere though. "You will be cold calling businesses door to door and creating your own leads." It means more than you know.