ZeroTurnaround Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Jevgeni Kabanov

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company"

I have been working at ZeroTurnaround full-time

Pros

Company has loads of opportunity if you are willing to work hard.

Cons

People tend to not want to work hard and there isn't always clear roadmaps for promotion.

2. "review"

Current Employee - SAE in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - SAE in Boston, MA

I have been working at ZeroTurnaround full-time (More than a year)

Pros

transparent growth structure, you will learn a lot, management wants you to succeed

Cons

no commission at start, success depends on what team you are on, very cliquey, lots of gossip, loud and hard to focus at times

3. "Just don't bother."

I worked at ZeroTurnaround full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free beer and snacks
    Catered lunches on fridays
    Meet some nice people
    Good location in downtown Boston
    That's really it

Cons

Pretty much everything. I've never seen turnover so high before in my life. Essentially your success comes down to luck. If you some how trick someone into buying Jrebel instead of using one of the many free products on the market you will probably make it. The sales training is a joke and teaches you some really sleazy and pushy tactics that are way too old school. If you don't mind lying through your teeth in order to get sales then this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Actually value your sales reps instead of just looking at them as cheap marketing that can be easily replaced. It's unfair to hire and fire as many young professionals as you do. Instead of developing sales reps you are developing puppets with immoral sales tactics.

4. "Client Success"

I worked at ZeroTurnaround full-time

Pros

If you commit, you won't just be compensated, or recognized, or promoted, you will be awarded with a family that will always have your best interest.

Cons

It is not worthwhile unless you are willing to commit.

5. "A good starting point"

Former Employee - BDR in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - BDR in Boston, MA

I worked at ZeroTurnaround full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Zeroturnaround was a great way to start a career in sales. You really do learn a lot despite the constant frat-house environment. There's definitely a good amount of work needed on your part to do well here, but with that, there's also a significant amount of luck that plays in to your beginnings at ZT. They don't want you to fail, but it's not difficult for them to send you packing when they see constant struggles. If you manage to get on the right team, figure out the game, and put your nose to the grindstone, you definitely have the chance to make a ton of money off of a great and useful product. The work doesn't come home with you which is nice, but the hours are quite ridiculous.

Cons

I can sing ZT's praises all day. Similarly, however, I can just as easily trash talk the place. With constant swearing, yelling, loud explicit music CONSTANTLY BLASTING, it can be difficult to focus. To start the work day is "8-5:30," or so they say. You wouldn't be caught dead showing up anytime after 7:45 or leaving before 6. That's an easy thing to get used to though. What is difficult to get accustomed to is the monotony of the job. To start, you'll be making at least 150 cold calls every day. That'd be alright if they didn't also expect you to also find time to find your own leads and make your calls in a single day. It's important to recognize early (something I wish I'd done) that it might not be a fit for you and to move on early. I made some great friends at ZT which is great, but I lost sleep over the job and was constantly stressed out. Some people have the potential to succeed there, and others do not. And don't think that because you're smarter than your average joe you'll do great, you may not. The prospects that you call are the absolute worst part of the job. They're all people who constantly talk like they have marbles in their mouths and have never spoken to another human being that they didn't create on their computer. If you get fed up easily, this is NOT the place for you.

Advice to Management

Honestly i'm just doing this review so I can unlock the full site of glassdoor. Who am I to give management advice? I've never been in charge of a GD startup before. I talk like I have all the answers but in all honesty, I think everyone is doing a great job at ZT. I didn't hate my time there, I didn't hate the people I worked with, and I had fun and made a little bit of money.

6. "BDR"

I worked at ZeroTurnaround full-time

Pros

Good people, fun place to be around.

Cons

Place is a zoo. Big drop off in workload when in the management position compared to those in the entry level.

Advice to Management

Figure it out

7. "Business Development Representative"

Pros

Great ability to grow within the company

Cons

Low base salary which is touh

8. "DO NOT WORK HERE"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at ZeroTurnaround full-time

Pros

Location. Free coffee and snacks. Beer after 5:30 p.m.

Cons

Long hours. Repetitive jobs. No real structure to the sales strategy.

Advice to Management

Make it seem less like a college frat party

9. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at ZeroTurnaround (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture & people to work with. Very attainable goals & lot's of opportunities to make money. Management is super transparent & helpful in achieving everyone's goals.

Cons

They don't match 401k & benefits overall could be better

10. "Fair Warning"

I worked at ZeroTurnaround full-time

Pros

-Potential to make $$$
    -Solid training program
    -Most of the sales managers are legit.

Cons

This company has more personal drama than an episode of Gossip Girl. It's like getting paid to attend high school all over again.

ZT recruits, hires, and retains a specific type of personality to foster their frat house atmosphere. You start, and at first, you get swept up in the glamorous lifestyle of working at ZT: back bay location, music blaring all day, "fun" atmosphere, beer fridge, etc. You need to get a long with your team lead. If you don't, you're pretty much abandoned to fail and to be fired in a few short months.

There are a ton of Boston startups with the same aggressive sales tactics as ZeroTurnaround. Working hard and drinking the kool aid is not a new concept. What makes ZeroTurnaround more alarming than others, is the potential of working in a largely negative, frat house environment. If you just graduated from college and are looking to continue that college atmosphere while learning the basics of cold calling, then ZT may be perfect for you.

Advice to Management

No idea. Protecting the culture seems to be more important than retaining employees and protecting their mental sanity.