Zerto Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Zerto Founder & CEO Ziv Kedem
Ziv Kedem

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great opportunity to work with friendly, talented, knowledgeable co-workers who are inspiring in a fun company culture (in 7 reviews)

• Really great place with some clever people and a great product which is right for the market now (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Small growing pains with large partners (in 8 reviews)

• work-life balance leaves plenty to be desired, it's pretty much work-work; i had to work every weekend (in 3 reviews)

1. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Development in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Development in Boston, MA

I have been working at Zerto full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic company with great benefits. Typical daily growing pains but nothing noteworthy of less than 5 stars! Company culture is great and my team is so collaborate.

Cons

Not much I can think of!

"Desperate need of new management"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at Zerto full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free Lunch, Amazing Product, Great location

Cons

The company is completely Marketing focused which is a huge issue. We focus more on our Lead gen team than we do on our actual closing roles within the organization.

All decisions are made out of Israel and there is a gigantic disconnect in what they think and what is actually going on and needed here in the Boston Office and in the field.

Growing pains have been unbearable lately as the rules of engagement have been changed consistently and the most recent change has caused a complete warzone between the sales team.

Any employee that has been here more than a year can feel the effects and the negativity of what this company has become.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring from gigantic tech companies and allowing those individuals to instill their rules of engagement from their previous organizations on our so called 'startup'

shift the focus from marketing to sales and customer acquisition and retention. We don't even have a customer success team.

Start paying better and at least attempt to keep top-talent instead of letting them walk out the door.

"Realistic Expectations"

I have been working at Zerto full-time

Pros

Work with talented people. Coworkers are very teamwork oriented.

Cons

Less autonomy than desired in some cross functional areas.

Advice to Management

Listen to what is happening on the floor. Turnovers are bad in some areas. Morale is low as well. But it can be changed if committed to that change.

"Be Advised"

I have been working at Zerto full-time

Pros

Flexible work from home, snacks and daily lunch

Cons

HQ controls all aspects but does not follow their own rules. Bully behavior from upper management.

"Was fun, now plagued with issues"

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at Zerto full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food, sales kickoff, nice office, free snacks, paid time off

Cons

Weak overall management, very poor sales (EMC) management
 who change their mind daily - if not hourly, exodus of good employees
, and politics

Advice to Management

Read the reviews, talk to some of the employees, and start to listen. Turnover hurts the company

"BEWARE most of middle management and up is TOXIC."

Current Employee - Marketing in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Boston, MA

I have been working at Zerto full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free lunch every day and the office is empty so you can come get fat with me!

Cons

Many directors and above in the US office do not have remote jobs yet somehow someway they are almost never in the office but never get talked to because it is so political here. A lot of them just tie people up with meeting after meeting all going around in circles because they are afraid to make decisions on anything. A bunch of very good people have been held back and I can tell they only do the minimum because they have been beaten down so so bad. Some of the executives have no business being in their job because of very poor skills on par with like manager level anywhere else. It is a culture where the top folks have no influence in the technology industry and no connections in their area of expertise meanwhile the regular peeps are connected and well known and even jump at the chance to get out there more. Look at Linkedin and at the rest of the posts here and you can see the turnover has been super bad.

Advice to Management

It would not help because too many of the so called leadership directors and above are in very far over their heads. Every month goes by and you see the quitting on Linkedin. Soon the only people left will be all washouts from three letter companies. I guess my advice is abandon ship because it is going down fast.

7. "Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Zerto full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing product, excellent leadership team, unmatched culture. Company is growing and headed in the right direction

Cons

Small growing pains with large partners

"10+ years experience - BEST JOB I've ever had - period."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Zerto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Zerto is full of bright people with experience who are willing to pitch in and help one another - folks don't say "this isn't my job" here - everyone gets involved and supports one another. On the marketing side, it's wonderful to work with such a friendly/helpful sales team. - they understand the value of what you bring to the table . We're growing like crazy but we still have startup perks like unlimited free snacks/drinks, relaxed dress code, daily catered lunch etc. - at the same time we can afford awesome perks like commuter reimbursement, four+ weeks PTO, formal training programs/health+fitness benefits, etc.

Cons

No different than any other company that has grown fast - sometimes things are chaotic and don't fit into a neat box - it's part of the adventure.

Advice to Management

Continue to move towards being more transparent and open with employees - the push to listen to folks on the ground will pay dividends. We appreciate it!

"Dual Headquarters is recipe for Disaster (with no recovery)"

I have been working at Zerto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great sales leaders, Free Food, Good work/Life balance

Cons

Cant trust the Israeli decision makers who try and micromanage decisions in Boston yet have no idea what they are doing. Paul Zeiter, former President was a great leader but managed out because he pushed back for more autonomy. There is no HR presence in Boston. New leader is never there and not able to meet the demand of the business. Anyone that speaks up and questions decisions are silenced. Culture seems great but if you pull away the beanbags and free food - it is toxic.

Advice to Management

Spend more time in the US where all the sales efforts are - get in touch with the US market and trust the leaders here. Get more HR help -

"Innovative company... 5 years ago"

I have been working at Zerto full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Tons of very smart, highly competent people. The product, while stagnating, is still interesting technology. Lots of top tier customers and partners. Its a shame what's happening to this place.

Cons

After a big round of layoffs, you might see some former Zertonians coming on here to vent their frustrations. But rest assured: this place was rotten long before 2017 broke us. Bad habits and bad culture, covered up by rapid growth, eventually catch up to you. The amount of talent that voluntarily left last year is staggering. Execs view people as inter-changeable cogs, so they will continue to shrug their shoulders and sputter incoherently about "right sizing" and "growing pains"..

Basically this is a great place to be if you like red tape, bickering, favoritism, and top down heavy handed management. Leadership does not accept criticism well at all, so they will write off this review just as they do with the other reviews and all honest feedback.

Advice to Management

Trust your people and stop micro managing everything - we're too small still for so much middle management. And you will eventually need to deal with the leadership issues in partner marketing and channel sales.