Zerto Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Zerto Founder & CEO Ziv Kedem
Ziv Kedem

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Really great place with some clever people and a great product which is right for the market now (in 8 reviews)

• The felixibity, work/life balance and ability to really shine is huge (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Small growing pains with large partners (in 7 reviews)

• Not too many, other than some growing pains that come with how fast the company is growing (in 2 reviews)

1. "Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Zerto full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing product, excellent leadership team, unmatched culture. Company is growing and headed in the right direction

Cons

Small growing pains with large partners

"Keep your eyes wide open and read into some of the other comments."

I have been working at Zerto full-time

Pros

Great product. Loyal customers
    The team - below upper management is good.
    Free food, snacks, perks at HQ.

Cons

Losing its culture quickly to EMC mindset and culture.
    Marketing controls the company and has way too many people
    If you are in the field (outside HQ), get use to horrible travel policies

Advice to Management

Read employee reviews and listen to their valid concerns. Dual headquarters, not really - little control and ability to influence the organization being based in the US.

"Slow Progress"

I have been working at Zerto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits: work from home, 4 weeks vacation, flexible schedule.

Cons

Poor communication from upper management, zero growth, overseas HQ in charge but does not follow rules.

4. "10+ years experience - BEST JOB I've ever had - period."

I have been working at Zerto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Zerto is full of bright people with experience who are willing to pitch in and help one another - folks don't say "this isn't my job" here - everyone gets involved and supports one another. On the marketing side, it's wonderful to work with such a friendly/helpful sales team. - they understand the value of what you bring to the table . We're growing like crazy but we still have startup perks like unlimited free snacks/drinks, relaxed dress code, daily catered lunch etc. - at the same time we can afford awesome perks like commuter reimbursement, four+ weeks PTO, formal training programs/health+fitness benefits, etc.

Cons

No different than any other company that has grown fast - sometimes things are chaotic and don't fit into a neat box - it's part of the adventure.

Advice to Management

Continue to move towards being more transparent and open with employees - the push to listen to folks on the ground will pay dividends. We appreciate it!

"Dual Headquarters is recipe for Disaster (with no recovery)"

I have been working at Zerto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great sales leaders, Free Food, Good work/Life balance

Cons

Cant trust the Israeli decision makers who try and micromanage decisions in Boston yet have no idea what they are doing. Paul Zeiter, former President was a great leader but managed out because he pushed back for more autonomy. There is no HR presence in Boston. New leader is never there and not able to meet the demand of the business. Anyone that speaks up and questions decisions are silenced. Culture seems great but if you pull away the beanbags and free food - it is toxic.

Advice to Management

Spend more time in the US where all the sales efforts are - get in touch with the US market and trust the leaders here. Get more HR help -

"Marketing is sideways"

I worked at Zerto full-time

Pros

Product is good; most of the people that work there are knowledgeable and want to do the right thing

Cons

Two members of the leadership run over the rest of the marketing team; their decisions do not make sense, it just needs to make them happy - it is their way. If you get in their way, expect to get pushed out of the team. The other members of the leadership team in marketing have given up and just accept their misery. HR should have stepped in a long time ago, but has not, despite getting many, many complaints. People are miserable.

Advice to Management

Listen to the complaints - things in marketing are bad; if nothing is done it will get worse

"Innovative company... 5 years ago"

I have been working at Zerto full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Tons of very smart, highly competent people. The product, while stagnating, is still interesting technology. Lots of top tier customers and partners. Its a shame what's happening to this place.

Cons

After a big round of layoffs, you might see some former Zertonians coming on here to vent their frustrations. But rest assured: this place was rotten long before 2017 broke us. Bad habits and bad culture, covered up by rapid growth, eventually catch up to you. The amount of talent that voluntarily left last year is staggering. Execs view people as inter-changeable cogs, so they will continue to shrug their shoulders and sputter incoherently about "right sizing" and "growing pains"..

Basically this is a great place to be if you like red tape, bickering, favoritism, and top down heavy handed management. Leadership does not accept criticism well at all, so they will write off this review just as they do with the other reviews and all honest feedback.

Advice to Management

Trust your people and stop micro managing everything - we're too small still for so much middle management. And you will eventually need to deal with the leadership issues in partner marketing and channel sales.

8. "First job I haven't dreaded when my alarm goes off"

Current Employee - Pre-Sales Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Pre-Sales Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Zerto full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The teamwork here is phenomenal and you are given all the tools you need to succeed, you just need to take them. This is not my first job out of school, and I am so jealous of those that get to work for Zerto as their first real job. They may not realize how amazing of an opportunity it is to work for such a great company, but after working at some good jobs and some terrible jobs, it really makes me appreciate everything about Zerto. The felixibity, work/life balance and ability to really shine is huge. Also, there is a certain type of person that thrives here. To give you an example, there a loads of employees that share an apartment, so if you can handle working with your roommates all day and then hanging out with your roommates after work, that gives you an idea of how close everyone is. Overall, this is by far the best job I've had yet and I'm looking forward to seeing what levels of greatness Zerto can acheive.

Cons

Sometimes the workload is pretty busy and repetitive but there are always new things to learn and the product is always evolving so you don't get stuck with stale technology.

Advice to Management

Keep on doin what cha doin!

9. "Field Marketing Manager"

Current Employee - Field Marketing Manager in Roswell, GA
    Current Employee - Field Marketing Manager in Roswell, GA

I have been working at Zerto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing Culture, amazing people. Great support system and processes. Cant give them a high enough rating. Honestly.

Cons

No Cons about this company at all. Amazing people.

Advice to Management

Please continue to value and respect your employees the way you do now, even as you get bigger!

10. "Great experience"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Zerto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I’m a new employee here and overall had a fantastic interview and on-boarding experience. Great culture and amazing people to work with. I’m excited and lucky to be part of the Zerto team!

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about Zerto. Great product and company. I’ve already recommended this company to many people.