Zerto Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Zerto Founder & CEO Ziv Kedem
Ziv Kedem

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great opportunity to work with friendly, talented, knowledgeable co-workers who are inspiring in a fun company culture" (in 7 reviews)

• "Great product, lots of innovation , Great people to work with, Fun" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Small growing pains with large partners" (in 8 reviews)

• "work life balance is inadequate" (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"10+ years experience - BEST JOB I've ever had - period."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Zerto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Zerto is full of bright people with experience who are willing to pitch in and help one another - folks don't say "this isn't my job" here - everyone gets involved and supports one another. On the marketing side, it's wonderful to work with such a friendly/helpful sales team. - they understand the value of what you bring to the table . We're growing like crazy but we still have startup perks like unlimited free snacks/drinks, relaxed dress code, daily catered lunch etc. - at the same time we can afford awesome perks like commuter reimbursement, four+ weeks PTO, formal training programs/health+fitness benefits, etc.

Cons

No different than any other company that has grown fast - sometimes things are chaotic and don't fit into a neat box - it's part of the adventure.

Advice to Management

Continue to move towards being more transparent and open with employees - the push to listen to folks on the ground will pay dividends. We appreciate it!

Jun 27, 2018 – Talent Acquistion Partner

Thank you for your feedback! As you know teamwork is one of our core values and we continue to encourage collaboration across all departments. We are thrilled you are enjoying the benefits we have... More

2. "Support Engineer"

Current Employee - Level II Technical Support Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Level II Technical Support Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Zerto full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Between the culture, free lunches Monday - Thursday, and the power and reliability of the product we all work on, there isnt much not to love at Zerto

Cons

The building has AC issues every now and then but this is not really a company problem as more so a building management issue.

3. "Good Company"

Pros

Good product, Going public soon

Cons

work life balance is inadequate

Advice to Management

be sure to play as hard as you work to avoid burnout.

"The Reviews are Spot On"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Zerto full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home flexibility, free snacks

Cons

The headquarters makes all the decisions with zero touch on reality. They are ignoring all the low morale and people just walk around like robots. It is toxic and you work with people who have no clue what is going on.

"You have to be in business to be in business"

Pros

The place has free food and some fun teams.

Cons

The CEO is bright, driven, but ultimately, flawed. Despite his low-key facade, Ziv is not in business to run a business so much as enjoy a certain view of himself. People who flatter his ego--or have backgrounds that seem to--are the ones who are listened to and celebrated, while other, more effective team members must quit in order to get their voices heard. The VP Sales had to quit for a time in order to have his honest voice heard over the more sycophantic CMO. While these ego squabbles escalate, the old and dated technology gets older and more dated.

Advice to Management

You know EMC. You know very small start ups. Admit this and get some outside guidance on how to bridge the gap. Hiring senior level EMC employees (or Cisco or IBM)--while it may feel good since EMC was your previous employer/current lawsuit foe--is not appropriate until you are a much larger org.

"Bringing value to customers, and investing to deliver even more."

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Zerto full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team and great product. Customers love how well it works.

Cons

None to share. It does what it says it does.

Advice to Management

Would like to see Zerto support container use cases.

Jun 27, 2018 – Talent Acquistion Partner

We are so happy to hear you feel the same way about Zerto as the rest of us! Thank you for your thoughts on containers.

"Desperate need of new management"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at Zerto full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free Lunch, Amazing Product, Great location

Cons

The company is completely Marketing focused which is a huge issue. We focus more on our Lead gen team than we do on our actual closing roles within the organization.

All decisions are made out of Israel and there is a gigantic disconnect in what they think and what is actually going on and needed here in the Boston Office and in the field.

Growing pains have been unbearable lately as the rules of engagement have been changed consistently and the most recent change has caused a complete warzone between the sales team.

Any employee that has been here more than a year can feel the effects and the negativity of what this company has become.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring from gigantic tech companies and allowing those individuals to instill their rules of engagement from their previous organizations on our so called 'startup'

shift the focus from marketing to sales and customer acquisition and retention. We don't even have a customer success team.

Start paying better and at least attempt to keep top-talent instead of letting them walk out the door.

Jul 17, 2018 – HR Business Partner

Thanks for posting. As you mentioned, this year sales went through some transitions, that were finalized in February, in order to focus on high value opportunities and target accounts. We understand... More

"Realistic Expectations"

I have been working at Zerto full-time

Pros

Work with talented people. Coworkers are very teamwork oriented.

Cons

Less autonomy than desired in some cross functional areas.

Advice to Management

Listen to what is happening on the floor. Turnovers are bad in some areas. Morale is low as well. But it can be changed if committed to that change.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Development in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Development in Boston, MA

I have been working at Zerto full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic company with great benefits. Typical daily growing pains but nothing noteworthy of less than 5 stars! Company culture is great and my team is so collaborate.

Cons

Not much I can think of!

Jul 2, 2018 – Talent Acquistion Partner

We are so happy to hear you feel the same way about Zerto as the rest of us! Thank you.

"BEWARE most of middle management and up is TOXIC."

Current Employee - Marketing in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Boston, MA

I have been working at Zerto full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free lunch every day and the office is empty so you can come get fat with me!

Cons

Many directors and above in the US office do not have remote jobs yet somehow someway they are almost never in the office but never get talked to because it is so political here. A lot of them just tie people up with meeting after meeting all going around in circles because they are afraid to make decisions on anything. A bunch of very good people have been held back and I can tell they only do the minimum because they have been beaten down so so bad. Some of the executives have no business being in their job because of very poor skills on par with like manager level anywhere else. It is a culture where the top folks have no influence in the technology industry and no connections in their area of expertise meanwhile the regular peeps are connected and well known and even jump at the chance to get out there more. Look at Linkedin and at the rest of the posts here and you can see the turnover has been super bad.

Advice to Management

It would not help because too many of the so called leadership directors and above are in very far over their heads. Every month goes by and you see the quitting on Linkedin. Soon the only people left will be all washouts from three letter companies. I guess my advice is abandon ship because it is going down fast.

Jul 17, 2018 – HR Business Partner

Thanks for your feedback. You mention many frustrations, but we’d like to address a couple of them – first addressing problematic decision making. By all means – call us out during the meetings you... More