Zeta Global Reviews in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

New York City, NY Area

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
David A. Steinberg

Pros
  • Lots of flexibility to work from home (in 7 reviews)

• Zeta provides a healthy work environment (in 11 reviews)

1. "Exciting Time"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Zeta Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been at Zeta for almost a year now and have seen a lot of growth and change. I think zeta is on the right track to be a great place to work. I always think it is important for a company to see where they can approve and take those steps. In the year I have been at Zeta many new high level employees have been hired in an effort to bring change and help Zeta grow. I have enjoyed my time at Zeta. All upper management is approachable. In NY we have bagel Wednesday and Lunch on Fridays which is always a plus.

Cons

I am not sure this is a con but I think people should understand that in coming to Zeta you are part of something that has grown through acquisition and is now working to be one company.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employees feedback and if Zeta stays on the path it's on I don't see any issues in the future.

"HORRIBLE & UNORGANIZED"

Former Employee - Full Time Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Full Time Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Zeta Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

free bagels Wednesday & insurance

Cons

Office set up, office location, upper management, HR department is regrouping but still unorganized, payroll changes negative, no-commuincation, no conference rooms, small office space, dreary work stations, employees not that welcoming.

Advice to Management

Just because you have been existing for 10 years, you don't act like it. Company needs to cool heels on hiring and get the themselves in-order & build morale of employees, they seem doubtful that the company is going in a thriving direction. Stop relying on the CEO being a former Apple CEO.

"Solid Company, Decent Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Zeta Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If your boss is good, your time at Zeta will be good. Free lunch Fridays and free bagels on Wednesdays. Some really nice people, some really smart people and some really capable people work here. CEO is very intelligent. Decent raises and decent opportunities for bonuses.

Cons

Can feel a bit trapping and difficult to get advancing job titles. Very high turnover, I've been here for a couple years and have seen tons of faces shuffle in and out. Heard from other employees the difficulty of working with certain bosses. Somewhat disjointed culture. Not many opportunities to meet employees other than the ones you work with directly.

Advice to Management

Some managers need very little advice. They're doing great. Others should adjust their style.

"A Great Experience"

Current Employee - Web Developer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Web Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at Zeta Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Contrary to all of the negative reviews on here, I have had a great experience with the company so far and am pretty optimistic about its future. There is a pretty good deal of autonomy in the day and the work for home policy, and the people I work with are incredibly friendly and helpful.

Cons

Because the company is so spread out geographically and focused on doing different things, there is a certain vagueness in what roles other people/departments in the company do. Friday lunches and company parties help bridge this divide, though it feels like more can be done

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. More company events would be great!

"More concerned with making money than your happiness"

Former Employee - Designer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Designer in New York, NY

I worked at Zeta Global (More than a year)

Pros

Can give good bonuses, if you're on their good side.

Cons

Global team culture can be ok. Specific team culture left more to be desired.

Advice to Management

Care more about your employees happiness and reward them appropriately with what they deserve.

"Zeta Global - best days ahead"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Zeta Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Zeta Global has great capabilities and products across Acquisition, CRM, Email/SMS platforms, Creative and Strategy. These have proven to be real differentiators in client discussions and new business proposals.

The company is focused on growth both organically and via acquisition. As someone who joined the company via acquisition, I can say the integration process has been going exceptionally well and has exceeded my expectations.

Strong leadership team across divisions - senior leaders are quite approachable and well regarded in client meetings.

Good focus on people development. Great global footprint. Flexible paid time off policy. Small, but nice perks in the offices including snacks, weekly lunches, weekly breakfast, etc.

Cons

Benefits need a bit of revamping across health, 401K match. NY headquarters office space needs a revamp to consolidate multiple small floors into 1 or 2 floors in a quieter and more modern building.

Advice to Management

Host more lunch and learns so that employees across divisions have more exposure to other businesses and are better able to deliver the Zeta Global value proposition to clients.

"Account Executive – Database & CRM"

Current Employee - Account Executive, Database & CRM Specialist in Long Island City, NY

I have been working at Zeta Global full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

We enjoy the ability to be able to work remotely. There is also an open PTO policy.

Cons

The health benefits are not good. 401k match is basically non-existent. The company executives are not professional in any way during company wide conference calls (cursing/making inappropriate jokes/etc.).

"Very positive experience so far..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Zeta is clearly in a growth/acquisition mode at the moment, and there have been some growing pains, not too different from other firms that have gone through these growth stages. But, they have clearly made enormous efforts lately and there is no doubt Zeta 2016/17 is going to be a major improvement from the past. For example, Zeta has recently overhauled their HR team in recent months, keeping their best team members and adding a lot of experience to the team as well.

It's a phenomenal time to join Zeta. Over 500 employees in the US and so far everyone I have met is extremely talented, personable, helpful, and welcoming. Their client list is very impressive. Their internship program is very impressive.

Personally, I am very impressed so far, and I think most people who want to join a firm where they can bring their own experience, still learn a few things, have some ownership of what they do, etc... would do very well here.

Cons

If I could think of anything, I would say in the NY office we are all on different floors, so you really can just be on your floor and not get to know other people. There are weekly lunches and other events through out the year though to get us all together.

"Email specialist"

Former Employee - Email Marketing Specialist in Melville, NY
    Former Employee - Email Marketing Specialist in Melville, NY

I worked at Zeta Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible vacation and work from home. Allow you to manage your client without oversight. Free to express solutions and follow them through

Cons

Too busy to enjoy the pros. Leadership is weak and unsupportive. They ask often how to help but have limited ability to do so.

Advice to Management

Take a stand, instead of another hit. A few more and it will be you.

"Could have been great"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Zeta Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly and engaging staff and plenty of opportunity to provide solid leadership. Free lunch FRIDAYS! (just wish they weren't always from the exact same places). Tons of opportunities to learn.

Cons

While they talk a big game - I wish they would allow the engineering work to speak for itself. Company is staffed with incredibly talented people in the middle layers but sadly not much up top. Constant rotation of staff makes it seem like a way station at best.

Advice to Management

Instead of constantly looking to pluck the prettiest feathers from god knows where - why not try trusting your staff who have been working for years to your benefit. Promote from within - let people feel as if the hard working they're putting in is felt and rewarded.