Zeta Global Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
David A. Steinberg

Pros
  • Lots of flexibility to work from home (in 7 reviews)

• Zeta provides a healthy work environment (in 11 reviews)

1. "Exciting Time"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Zeta Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been at Zeta for almost a year now and have seen a lot of growth and change. I think zeta is on the right track to be a great place to work. I always think it is important for a company to see where they can approve and take those steps. In the year I have been at Zeta many new high level employees have been hired in an effort to bring change and help Zeta grow. I have enjoyed my time at Zeta. All upper management is approachable. In NY we have bagel Wednesday and Lunch on Fridays which is always a plus.

Cons

I am not sure this is a con but I think people should understand that in coming to Zeta you are part of something that has grown through acquisition and is now working to be one company.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employees feedback and if Zeta stays on the path it's on I don't see any issues in the future.

2. "Depressingly Awful"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Burlington, MA

I worked at Zeta Global full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Literally the only pro is work/life balance because employees can do whatever they want since there is no management. People are unhappy so at least having free reign to work from home and come and go as you please is the only thing employees have to cling on to.

Cons

Zeta Global has gone down the tubes big time. I started with the company when they were e-Dialog/eBay (eBay had just bought eD) in 2012 and things were OK then. There was training for new hires, teamwork, and a strong set of clients. It felt like our company was going somewhere and spirits were high. The transition of eD to eBay and eBay to Zeta killed it. SO many layoffs. I probably went through 8 rounds of layoffs (and some were complete slaughterfests, others were just 5 or 6 people) so that in the end all that's left are the bare bones of a barely functioning company with NO morale and few clients. The Zeta Hub product itself is a joke but talks a big game. There is no legit communication or direction from management - yes there are company-wide meetings here and there, but those are all just a show of flashy PowerPoints that attempt to spin things positively and are hilariously transparent. There have been NO raises over several review periods - maybe a 2% cost of living raise if you're lucky, but a raise on solid performance? Yeah right. Expensive benefits. Eventually I think the Burlington office will slowly die as they keep shipping jobs over to India to cut costs. The IPO they have been gearing up for will just contribute to the clusterF.

"HORRIBLE & UNORGANIZED"

Former Employee - Full Time Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Full Time Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Zeta Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

free bagels Wednesday & insurance

Cons

Office set up, office location, upper management, HR department is regrouping but still unorganized, payroll changes negative, no-commuincation, no conference rooms, small office space, dreary work stations, employees not that welcoming.

Advice to Management

Just because you have been existing for 10 years, you don't act like it. Company needs to cool heels on hiring and get the themselves in-order & build morale of employees, they seem doubtful that the company is going in a thriving direction. Stop relying on the CEO being a former Apple CEO.

"New Hire"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Zeta Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started working for Zeta in January and the company/position has exceeded my expectations. All the people I work with are great and the support as a new hire has been excellent

Cons

I have not experienced any so far

Advice to Management

none

"Solid Company, Decent Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Zeta Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If your boss is good, your time at Zeta will be good. Free lunch Fridays and free bagels on Wednesdays. Some really nice people, some really smart people and some really capable people work here. CEO is very intelligent. Decent raises and decent opportunities for bonuses.

Cons

Can feel a bit trapping and difficult to get advancing job titles. Very high turnover, I've been here for a couple years and have seen tons of faces shuffle in and out. Heard from other employees the difficulty of working with certain bosses. Somewhat disjointed culture. Not many opportunities to meet employees other than the ones you work with directly.

Advice to Management

Some managers need very little advice. They're doing great. Others should adjust their style.

"A Great Experience"

Current Employee - Web Developer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Web Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at Zeta Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Contrary to all of the negative reviews on here, I have had a great experience with the company so far and am pretty optimistic about its future. There is a pretty good deal of autonomy in the day and the work for home policy, and the people I work with are incredibly friendly and helpful.

Cons

Because the company is so spread out geographically and focused on doing different things, there is a certain vagueness in what roles other people/departments in the company do. Friday lunches and company parties help bridge this divide, though it feels like more can be done

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. More company events would be great!

"More concerned with making money than your happiness"

Former Employee - Designer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Designer in New York, NY

I worked at Zeta Global (More than a year)

Pros

Can give good bonuses, if you're on their good side.

Cons

Global team culture can be ok. Specific team culture left more to be desired.

Advice to Management

Care more about your employees happiness and reward them appropriately with what they deserve.

"Zeta Global - best days ahead"

I have been working at Zeta Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Zeta Global has great capabilities and products across Acquisition, CRM, Email/SMS platforms, Creative and Strategy. These have proven to be real differentiators in client discussions and new business proposals.

The company is focused on growth both organically and via acquisition. As someone who joined the company via acquisition, I can say the integration process has been going exceptionally well and has exceeded my expectations.

Strong leadership team across divisions - senior leaders are quite approachable and well regarded in client meetings.

Good focus on people development. Great global footprint. Flexible paid time off policy. Small, but nice perks in the offices including snacks, weekly lunches, weekly breakfast, etc.

Cons

Benefits need a bit of revamping across health, 401K match. NY headquarters office space needs a revamp to consolidate multiple small floors into 1 or 2 floors in a quieter and more modern building.

Advice to Management

Host more lunch and learns so that employees across divisions have more exposure to other businesses and are better able to deliver the Zeta Global value proposition to clients.

"Account Executive – Database & CRM"

Current Employee - Account Executive, Database & CRM Specialist in Long Island City, NY

I have been working at Zeta Global full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

We enjoy the ability to be able to work remotely. There is also an open PTO policy.

Cons

The health benefits are not good. 401k match is basically non-existent. The company executives are not professional in any way during company wide conference calls (cursing/making inappropriate jokes/etc.).

"Abandon all hope..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I worked at Zeta Global full-time

Pros

If you need a job and have no other options, it's a job. They pay wages on time and provide (expensive) healthcare.

Cons

Zeta operates at the bottom of the market in all regards: talent, technology, and clients. They can only compete on cost and so to preserve margin they have to avoid spending money on the team or the tech stack. The CEO even made a point about how proud they were that they didn't have free soda water, or nice offices.

Consequently, the technology is way behind the curve (and in a terrible mess) and the quality of people running the business units is also well below market. They're on the tail end of their careers so upward movement is unlikely, should you even want it.

All this makes for a sad and stressful environment.

Advice to Management

Please don't do it again. This is a shell game, not a business.